• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Return of Fierce Diety Link

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
So, would anyone like to see FD Link return? Personally I'd love to see him return, to learn more about him. What exactly he is, and why he is so powerful. The real question of this thread though, is HOW you would like to see him return, what I mean is would you like him to be a mask again? Or to be the main antagonist?

I'd love to see Fierce Diety Link return, I want him to be the main antagonist of a game. I think it'd be really interesting to put him up against Link and see who comes up tops. I mean obviously Link would come up on top due to the fact that if it was impossible for him to win, that would not make for a very interesting game. What I mean, is I would like to see how FD fares up against Link. If he is the most challenging of Link's opponents, if he is stronger than Ganondorf or Vaati and to see how he fares in his plight to take over Hyrule or where ever the game is set.

One thing I would LOVE to see, and I am talking probably more then anything else. Would be to see some sort of showdown, between Dark Link and FD. I just think if something like this were to happen in a cut-scene, I think it would be the single coolest moment of Zelda history.

I don't think I would like to see him return as a mask though. I'd like to see him as a fully fledged character, or nothing.

DreamDevourer

Born to Fail
How could anyone NOT want to see him again? He (or it) is one of the coolest Links ever, with a big sword, funky facepaint, and cool armor. I would really like to see him come back.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
i would like to see him again and his back story but I would not like to play as him of Link be able to urn into him. Maybe Link as he goes through the game finds different tablets or writings that when peiced together tell the story of the Fierce Diety.

Zarom

The King
I would definitely want to see him back. To learn all about him, but I don't want him to be a mask. I would love to see him as the final boss in the game.
And I really like the idea of Dark Link vs Fierce Deity Link. I think that the final battle would be to fight Dark Link first, then Fierce Deity Link. He is one really powerful character.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Awesome idea. yes the idea of having to face Dark Link also is an awesome idea. But the mask makes it seem more like Majora's mask and the idea of having a mask then facing the person of that mask is a little weird because most masks are the essence of the people they were for example the Goron or Zora mask.

S

Shounenbat

I would love to see him return! Imagine what might be revealed about him! What if his will starts to overpower Link's?

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
No. I would not like to see him return.

Yeah, he looked cool and all, but that's not a good enough reason to bring him back. Instead, they could just make Link's design cooler than ever before. Beam attack? Still not a good enough reason to bring him back. Instead, bring the beam attack back in the next console title. That would be awesome.

Fierce Deity Link was the result of a mask transformation, not a separate entity entirely.... just a body of a warrior, yet still Link's own mind. Complicated, but there wasn't enough backstory, and his screen time was minimal. He was pretty much the "ultimate weapon" to obtain... kinda like other games do. While we may wonder where exactly the mask came from, there just isn't enough there to warrant bringing him back.

Instead, it'd be better to reuse the parts of him that were awesomesauce (armor, big sword, beam attack) in a new game. Perhaps obtain similar armor through a quest. Maybe be able to upgrade the sword again. Something like that. But bringing back a transformation that had very little screentime? Not worth it, at least not in my opinion. He was very cool, but I'd like to be able to play with his skills as Link in a new game instead of recycle a semi-character.

Last edited:

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
As long as you didn't play as him throughout the game because it would make it too easy. I wouldn't want a boss taking only two hits to kill. That would be very boring to me. I wouldn't want to get the mask or ability to become him at the end though either because you would have to have this whole time limit thing that was in Mask. One character I would like to have a return appearance is Wolf Link from TP.

P

Paramorefreak

Even though Fierce Diety Link was cool and rewarding for going through the hassle of collecting so many masks, I don't believe I want to see a return of him. In my opinion, he was too powerful. It took, what, three seconds to beat Majora? Puh-lease, that's hardly any fun.

Yes, his attacks and looks were total badassery, but they could do so much more than bringing back a minimal character that was only a mask and powered Link up. My opinio, again: Midna > Fierce Diety Link. I would rather have her back than him. Oh yeah.

Shnappy

derp
Um, why not.

Onilink was pretty awesome, and it was especially fun when you used glitches to use him outside of boss battles, so you could fool around in clock town and other places.

What would I like to see him as? I think that it would be cool to have him as an antagonist, as Angelkid said. At some point, post MM, some naughty little boy could find himself the mask, and he could become Onilink and use his power in a diabolic and destructive way. Link, being the hero, will have to stop him, and it would be kind of a cool final boss fight, to be against a more powerful version of yourself. We could even make that another mask game, but some might say it would be a copy of MM, with the masks, and the antagonist being someone made powerful by a mask and misusing its power.

You could also use it while being the protagonist, too. I don't know who the villain would be, or what he would be trying to do or how he was trying to do it. But Link could use the Fierce Deity Mask, as maybe he'd have kept it, and saved it for a time like what would be in the game, where there is trouble in Termina or the other world he is currently in. There could also be some twists, too, like, the mask has been damaged, and through the process of clearing dungeons, it regains more of it's true power.

Nintendo could do a lot of things with this. There's even a fan game, Onilink begins, is what I think it is called, that brings Onilink back, but not through the Fierce Deity Mask. I think it's just one of the many things Nintendo can do with a plot on a Zelda game, and I think it would make a pretty decent game.

I'd love to see Fierce Diety Link return, I want him to be the main antagonist of a game. I think it'd be really interesting to put him up against Link and see who comes up tops.

Buddy, ya' gotta read this. It's a sick uber awesome totally killer fanfic made by myself, though my name there is Zelda311, not zeldaduderox.

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
Fierce Deity Link left me with a lot of questions, so yes, I'd like to see him back.

There was so little story around that mask, that I felt it was that kind of final item used to make your replaying easier(and indeed it was).

I'd love yo see him as a villain. He had such a raw power...

But oh, well. Hope Nintendo thinks about that idea.

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
He just doesn't seem like a character that should be brought back. I thought he was awesome, and MM is my favorite game, but I think that leaving him shrouded in Mystery would be better. If he were to come back, especially as a magor antagonist, it would essentially be the story of MM again and I would rather Nintendo developed new games.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
I wish they would make a new zelda game that would take place after Majora's Mask. Link is going back through the forest to Hyrule and the mask starts to glow. The mask goes on him and turns him into FD Link. Then he would be taken to a parrarall (however you spell it) world, where he must go through several dungeons. The mask will not come off until he beats all of them, only then will he find out how to get it off. He will unlock more of the mystery every time he would complete one. Finally, the mask comes off, and Link must fight the Fierce Deity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom