• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Razor Sword

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
What did you think of the Razor Sword in Majora's Mask? It did twice as much damage as the Kokiri Sword did. You had to pay the smiths 100 rupees to upgrade your Kokiri Sword to the Razor Sword:

RazorSword.jpg

The bad thing about this sword is that it will convert back to the Kokiri Sword in 200 swings.

I never really used this sword at all. I upgraded my sword and played for awhile, and I didn't know that the Razor Sword converted back. Eventually I saved and shut off my system, came back, and it was gone. I thought it was a glitch, and learned on the internet that it disintegrates after a while. That was about the end of it, and from then on I just made it into a gilded sword and forgot about it.

I liked the style of the Razor Sword though, I would have liked to have seen this sword be maybe 1.5x as strong as the Kokiri Sword, but permanent. Then have the Gilded Sword be a bit harder to get, and 2x as powerful.

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
the guilded sword had a really lame design (as did the mirror shield....well, maybe not lame in this case,...it was just plain stupid and ugly), but the razor blade...oh man that one kicked ***.....that should have been the strongest sword in the game....

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Yeah I agree. I'd like to see this blade back in a future game. Longer, more powerful, cooler looking.

I thought the Razor Sword was pretty darn cool, but of course, they couldn't allow you enough time to have fun with it. It wouldn't last long enough to go through a dungeon, and if you save, it disappears, so it's like "well, the Gilded Sword is better and you get to keep it". But still, the Razor Sword looked really cool, although I kind of wished the cross-guard wasn't round.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I really wish the Razor Sword didn't "disappear" after 200 or whatever swings. It's one of my favorite sword designs, and yet it was so worthless in the game. It should definitely be brought back in one of the future Zelda games.

the guilded sword had a really lame design (as did the mirror shield....well, maybe not lame in this case,...it was just plain stupid and ugly), but the razor blade...oh man that one kicked ***.....that should have been the strongest sword in the game....

I tend to dissagree. I thought the Mirror Shield was perfect for the game. Granted, it was pretty strange, but Majora's Mask was supposed to be strange, dark, weird, and mysterious. The Mirror Shield fit the game perfectly IMO. But that's just me.

Deku man

Just another nobody......
I hate that Razor sword Because it converts back into the kokiri sword after 200 swings
and i never won the goron race and got the powder so i just never wanted to waste money

Screwed up 100 not 200

Last edited:

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
I really wish the Razor Sword didn't "disappear" after 200 or whatever swings. It's one of my favorite sword designs, and yet it was so worthless in the game. It should definitely be brought back in one of the future Zelda games.

I tend to dissagree. I thought the Mirror Shield was perfect for the game. Granted, it was pretty strange, but Majora's Mask was supposed to be strange, dark, weird, and mysterious. The Mirror Shield fit the game perfectly IMO. But that's just me.

I know what you mean. I agree taht it sortf of fits this "strange world" that is termina, but have a boohoo kinda face in it, at least they should have added a little story to it. Maybe some spirit trapped inside or ...who knows....something.....but for no reason at all...haveing that ugly face.....doesn't work for me.....:)

Amelie

Air Dancer
I actually dont really care about the swords looks... I did like it for the damage and I used it all the time. It made the game a little easyer for me ^^

I think it would be neat to see it in a new Zelda game.. maybe without the 200 swing damage thingy ^^

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
I did like the Razor sword a lot, and its a shame you can barely get to use it in this game, because it was pretty sweet looking. But to be fair, Link can get the razor sword in SoulCalibur II, and its permanent in that game :P

B

Borric

yeah the razor blade was probaly the coolest sword in the zelda series as what i have seen, they should make a new game and with an upgraded version of it (meaning it was a bit longer, didn't break and you kept it) i did hate it when i figured out with my brother that the razor sword broke so annoyed

True. I never really liked the power od the Razor sword much. it was only double, and not really so much better becuaseo f that. and in my brothers MM game, i was 100 slashes before it broke. bleh. Although, the Razor sword itslef look really cool. Imagine the damage that could do if you rammed it in something, and then twisted....ouch. When you think of using it that way, it is good, but really, you use it just like a normal sword, and it looks cool, but is only oduble damage.

I would have found this sword better if it had been stronger, then again, it would cost more and take longer, no to mention that, oh, the fact that it would be OVER powered. Maybe it should have been 1.5 stronger, not 2 times the normal kokiri sword. I woner what the Kokirir would think of the Razor sword?

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I never liked the Razor sword cause I could only use it 100 times and I'm always using my sword against the wall then I realized that you could only use it 100 times and I got so mad:mad:.But then I was so glad that I got the Gilded sword after

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom