• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Rant Thread

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Okay so i was busy typing this rant which became too long for facebook about various things and I thought hey, why don't we have a thread where we can rant about stuff? I know that the thread about things which annoy us exists, but I feel like sometimes everyone could do with a place they can go to just freely complain about things in life which get up their nose.

Before that though, please read: this is not intended as something where if someone complains about something, someone who disagrees is going to argue with them because that will just get out of control. I'm not saying don't respond to people but I mean, be respectful of people's rights to be annoyed by stuff.

P.s. If this is in the wrong section feel free to move it. It is supposed to be relatively light-hearted though, even though it is going to get undoubtedly heated!

Okay so here goes for me, some thoughts I had whilst scrolling my facebook timeline:

1) Nobody cares about your fashion choices. Having your own style and stuff is cool and I admire you for it, but you can't deliberately draw attention to yourself and then act all hard done by when people look twice. What the hell do you want then? Oh I get it you want everybody to tell you how brave and wonderful you are and how great you look...

2) It doesn't matter who has kids and who doesn't and what age they are/were when they had them. We are not kids anymore, we're grown adults, if someone is happy then they don't owe you an explanation, whether they're happy because they have an active social life or they're happy because they have babies, neither of those people have the right to look down on the other.

3) On the subject of kids, we don't need to know every time your baby blinks or breathes, it's ****ing boring. Save the updates about them for when something actually, you know, happens. Fair enough you're happy and excited but guess what, the 600 friends on your list don't give a rats bum.

4) Keep your religion to yourself. If atheists posted 100 times a day about how you all believe in a bunch of nonsense magical crap we would be called 'offensive' and 'close minded' but its ok for you to ram your personal choices down everyone elses throat and condemn us for it, tell us we're going to hell if we don't type amen on a photo of a disabled child, eff off please

5.) Not one person cares about what you're eating for dinner.

6.) Vegans, go home. Stop being so high and mighty, congratulations on your diet which is gonna make you ill from lack of key vitamins which supplements just won't do for long term. Save the animals, right maybe they love you but no human does. :)

Dan

6.) Vegans, go home. Stop being so high and mighty, congratulations on your diet which is gonna make you ill from lack of key vitamins which supplements just won't do for long term. Save the animals, right maybe they love you but no human does. :)

Ouch bit harsh. I hate the riders of the high horse just as much as anyone else but could we please stop this misconception that vegans don't get their key vitamins and walk around the place ill. I know plenty of vegans that have loving family and friends and are not half dead due to their diet. I'm guessing this post is partly in jest anyway.

My rant is could people stop being so silly when it comes to crossing the road, do Not go suicide on me.

My rant is could people stop being so silly when it comes to crossing the road, do Not go suicide on me.

So there is this one crosswalk I have to use to cross the highway separating the road I live on from my community college campus. The people in the turning lane do not give a single **** about any pedestrians crossing the street. It's really frustrating to deal with, and I do admit, I'm scared that one day I will get hit by a car because of some careless drive not watching where they're going. I've had many close calls as it is, and I kind of wish the police presence around that area was a bit higher. Cars don't own the roads. :x

Dan

So there is this one crosswalk I have to use to cross the highway separating the road I live on from my community college campus. The people in the turning lane do not give a single **** about any pedestrians crossing the street. It's really frustrating to deal with, and I do admit, I'm scared that one day I will get hit by a car because of some careless drive not watching where they're going. I've had many close calls as it is, and I kind of wish the police presence around that area was a bit higher. Cars don't own the roads. :x

Yikes that sounds terrible! Here in England at least in my area it seems to be the other way round. Pedestrians own the roads here and they don't appear to take **** from a ton of metal heading their way. All drivers here are nice guys perhaps.

Yikes that sounds terrible! Here in England at least in my area it seems to be the other way round. Pedestrians own the roads here and they don't appear to take **** from a ton of metal heading their way. All drivers here are nice guys perhaps.

The bus that nearly ran me over in London a few years ago disagrees. Good point about the vegan thing though.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

People walk straight into the road here face down looking at their phone. Not bothering to check if any car is coming. They know they'll be compensated if they are hit.

Reactions: Dan

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
4) Keep your religion to yourself. If atheists posted 100 times a day about how you all believe in a bunch of nonsense magical crap we would be called 'offensive' and 'close minded' but its ok for you to ram your personal choices down everyone elses throat and condemn us for it, tell us we're going to hell if we don't type amen on a photo of a disabled child, eff off please

5.) Not one person cares about what you're eating for dinner.

The fact that a rant thread exists just makes my day:D
Now to rant about things!
I don't mind religious, or atheist people. It's when they start getting all in your face about it is when it becomes a problem. Like myself, I do believe in God, and Jesus, so I'm something along the lines of a Christian, but not exactly, anyway that's how I am, and if someone says they don't believe in God, I don't get up in their face like, OH MEH GERD YOU MURST BELIEVES IN JEBUS!!!!:reggie:" I'm just like, "Ok."
As long as their beliefs aren't totally out of line, or hurting anyone, it's fine in my opinion.

I hate it when people post what they're eating, and other nonsense like that. Who on this Earth cares about your dinner? "
tumblr_mahqziIsx31qg0l2to1_500.gif

As I said with religion. I don't mind vegetarians, and vegans, I don't get why they want to live that way, but just as long as they don't act all high and mighty about it, it's cool.
Then there's the US presidential elections! Can you believe people honestly think Ted Cruz is the Zodiac Killer. It's the most ridiculous thing. I think it started out as a joke, but then people do as people do, and now some people think Ted Cruz is the zodiac killer.
As for the other candidates, Trump seems like the guy who'll get things done, but he might also start something no one wants. Hillary to me just doesn't feel right. She doesn't seem like she could be president. Bernie is ok, not the best, but decent. Carson, and Bush just seem like weak leaders. I will admit, I don't know much about any candidate.
Also all these NEW GROUND BREAKING STUDIES! annoy me, such as the ones where, "Oh eggs are bad for you, oh they're good for you now. Oop they're bad again." I'm over here thinking ,"make up your mind!" Now I just look at the nutrition facts, and think, "Do I need these things? yes? eat it, no? don't eat it." I bet I could count the things that don't give you cancer on one hand! (Not really, but you know what I mean.)
Also, I love to draw, and I'm alright at it. Then I see this guy over here who draws a photo realistic tiger, or something, and I'm like, "WHAT SORCERY IS THIS!!!!!!!"
mario_logo.png
Also, I'm never thought of this until Game Grumps brought it up, Why is Mario's mustache, and eyebrows black, while his hair is brown!?" Personally I don't mind it, but it is interesting to think about.
Well that's all I can think of to rant about for now anyway.

Donald Trump is holding a rally at my university tomorrow, and one of my professors keeps bringing up that we should protest the event. I am not really a fan of professors trying to force their political ideologies onto students or even strongly encouraging them to think in a certain way. Even my middle school teachers had enough tact not to openly talk about what presidential candidate they were supporting in 2008. I wish people would actually try to have a substantive debate about the particular policies of a candidate instead of screaming about how bad they all are without giving any reason why. I had a nice Shoutbox discussion with several members last night about why Trump would or wouldn't be a better president than Hillary, and if his views were pandering to the Republican base or if he had shifted from a liberal to a far right standpoint. WhIle no consensus was reached, it was a pretty informative discussion nonetheless. The political gridlock we see in the United States now is a result of decades of both major political parties trying to advance their own agenda without negotiation. I hope people can learn to be a little more open-minded in a year that carries not only a lot of political implications for the United States but also the world.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Donald Trump is holding a rally at my university tomorrow, and one of my professors keeps bringing up that we should protest the event. I am not really a fan of professors trying to force their political ideologies onto students or even strongly encouraging them to think in a certain way. Even my middle school teachers had enough tact not to openly talk about what presidential candidate they were supporting in 2008. I wish people would actually try to have a substantive debate about the particular policies of a candidate instead of screaming about how bad they all are without giving any reason why. I had a nice Shoutbox discussion with several members last night about why Trump would or wouldn't be a better president than Hillary, and if his views were pandering to the Republican base or if he had shifted from a liberal to a far right standpoint. WhIle no consensus was reached, it was a pretty informative discussion nonetheless. The political gridlock we see in the United States now is a result of decades of both major political parties trying to advance their own agenda without negotiation. I hope people can learn to be a little more open-minded in a year that carries not only a lot of political implications for the United States but also the world.
Here's a neat idea America, how about working TOGETHER to improve the country. No? ok have fun with soon to be 19 trillion$ in debt, military in places not needed, or wanted, and other various issues.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I didn't know you went to school in Chicago.... Wow. What a small world. You have probably seen my girlfriend, and you wouldn't even know it! ;)

The fact that a rant thread exists just makes my day:D
Now to rant about things!
I don't mind religious, or atheist people. It's when they start getting all in your face about it is when it becomes a problem. Like myself, I do believe in God, and Jesus, so I'm something along the lines of a Christian, but not exactly, anyway that's how I am, and if someone says they don't believe in God, I don't get up in their face like, OH MEH GERD YOU MURST BELIEVES IN JEBUS!!!!:reggie:" I'm just like, "Ok."
As long as their beliefs aren't totally out of line, or hurting anyone, it's fine in my opinion.

I hate it when people post what they're eating, and other nonsense like that. Who on this Earth cares about your dinner? "
tumblr_mahqziIsx31qg0l2to1_500.gif

As I said with religion. I don't mind vegetarians, and vegans, I don't get why they want to live that way, but just as long as they don't act all high and mighty about it, it's cool.
Then there's the US presidential elections! Can you believe people honestly think Ted Cruz is the Zodiac Killer. It's the most ridiculous thing. I think it started out as a joke, but then people do as people do, and now some people think Ted Cruz is the zodiac killer.
As for the other candidates, Trump seems like the guy who'll get things done, but he might also start something no one wants. Hillary to me just doesn't feel right. She doesn't seem like she could be president. Bernie is ok, not the best, but decent. Carson, and Bush just seem like weak leaders. I will admit, I don't know much about any candidate.
Also all these NEW GROUND BREAKING STUDIES! annoy me, such as the ones where, "Oh eggs are bad for you, oh they're good for you now. Oop they're bad again." I'm over here thinking ,"make up your mind!" Now I just look at the nutrition facts, and think, "Do I need these things? yes? eat it, no? don't eat it." I bet I could count the things that don't give you cancer on one hand! (Not really, but you know what I mean.)
Also, I love to draw, and I'm alright at it. Then I see this guy over here who draws a photo realistic tiger, or something, and I'm like, "WHAT SORCERY IS THIS!!!!!!!"
mario_logo.png
Also, I'm never thought of this until Game Grumps brought it up, Why is Mario's mustache, and eyebrows black, while his hair is brown!?" Personally I don't mind it, but it is interesting to think about.
Well that's all I can think of to rant about for now anyway.
Wait, Cruz is the Zodiac Killer? What? Like, Zodiac killer was killing before he was born.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Frickin' woman who pulls up at the drive in at the liquor store I work at, yes we have a drive up, and expects exemplary service. Did she ring the bell to alert us that she was there? No. Was she within a distance that I could deliver her damn boose to her? Barely. Did she have to complain to me, who had a smile on his face since I started interacting with her, about us acting slightly annoyed by how she used the drive in? In my opinion: no.

I agree that religion should be kept to one's self and not forced upon another, but you act like tumblr, reddit, and 4chan atheists don't already do that.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
My JROTC instructor said my group wasn't ready to do our presentation because two students were absent! They weren't just absent, though, they were busy doing state testing, a test that you LITERALLY cannot miss. So instead of being reasonable and saying, "Oh, we'll just do presentations next class!", the instructor decides to TAKE TEN POINTS OFF OUR GRADE! Those ten points matter, especially when HE has plans for our next two classes so we will most likely not be able to do presentations then either. So, the maximum I can get on this project is going to end up being a 70%.

Not only that, but he went on to insult my leadership skills (basically the main focus of the class) because I "didn't prepare for this". Like, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?! There was no way for those two students to be there! I'm so freakin mad, I worked my ass of to make sure the project was done (because, you know, EVERYONE loves to help with group projects) and it pisses me off that he just ignored the very legitimate reasons that not everyone was present.

I am very upset by this...:kawaii:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom