• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art The Random Drawing Contest Week 19

The Random Drawing Contest Week 19

• Raindrop14

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De_krumpel

• Xinnamin

• Random Person

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Main Theme : The Legend of Zelda Series
Sub Theme : Ocarina of Time Meets Twilight Princess

Raindrop14

Carol2.jpeg

De-krumpel

attachment.php

Xinnamin

OoTmeetsTP.png

Random Person

the_grass_is_not_greener____by_randomperson1310-d3e9wyu.png

mandym287

rdc_18_entry___oot_meets_tp_by_parallel_universe23-d3e78w0.png

Voting ends 4/21/11.

Week 20 Main Theme : The Legend of Zelda Series
Sub Theme : Zelda meets insert superhero name here

Entries are due 4/24/11 by midnight.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I voted for Xinnamin's drawing. De-krumpel would be the runner up for me, but Xinn's drawing was really good and the message was very funny.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Haven't done one of these in a while, feels good to be back and drawing again. So...critique time =D

Raindrop14: Um...sorry, but I can't really tell what I'm looking at. Is that Colin and Navi? If I'm mistaken I apologize, it's a tad small. I suggest making it larger next time so we can see it more clearly :>

De-krumpel: Hilarious idea, truly, and the text in the last panel is brilliant. I also love the faces and expressions. There were a few places I think could have flowed better, like when young Link just suddenly popped in it's kinda hard to tell where he popped in from. Also, isn't the theme OoT meets TP, not MM? Or am I just missing something? :/

Random Person: I LOVE those expressions, especially TP Link's. Seriously. LOVE it. The idea is also brilliant and wonderfully executed. You still need to work on the shading though, in this case the direction of the light source. With TP Link Navi should be the light source, whereas you have it coming from the left. With OoT Link, you got the light source correct (from the right cus Midna should be in shadow), but the light source for the hat is...in disagreement it seems.
...I feel like I'm always picking on your shading XD

Mandym: Cute idea, Navi made me laugh XD And the coloring is really pretty. Reminds me of this one art style but I can't seem to put my finger on the name... However, I suggest you work on the expressions a bit. Link and Zelda kinda look like they are staring off blankly into space. A bit more motion or dynamic-ism (that is so not a word XD) and some emotion would make the image so much more lively.

I'mma vote for Random Person, because that face just kills me XD (and I like his idea and execution the best)

And a totally random side comment: Midna's helmet designs...AURGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...yeah

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
It puts a smile on my face to see so many entries! Now then, to critiquing!!!

Raindrop14 - I'm with Xin on this one, I couldn't really tell what I was looking at when I saw it. Perhaps if I had remember Collin I would have known but I didn't so.... I didn't.

De-krumple - I love this! The idea was simply fantastic and amusing. My favorite part is "MIDNA!!!... Not midna." That is hilarious. A little nitpicking now, you've made TP Link's hair a little too blond. Also, the theme you've chose leans more into Majora's Mask than ocarina of time.

Xin - Art made by Xin... do I need to say more XD. Anyways, once again Xin your art is fantastic. Literally, when I chose this theme, I sat down and said... "Hmmm... I know! I'll do a pic with Midna and Navi and Midna can be holding a fly swatter with her magic hand. *Thinks for a second* Naw, I'll do the sidekick exchange idea." So you can imagine my surprise when I got this entry. Because I thought that, the pic seems a little less original in my eyes but that's cause I already saw it in my head a couple of times. Also, Navi WATCH OUT!!!

Random Person - Your art sucks. I don't know why you keep entering.

Mandy - The art and idea are nice, though not my favorite. A couple of lines that should be straight are crooked and the outline seems to fade in some places. Zelda's skin is fine but Link's is a little pale. Try adding some pink to it. I also agree with Xin on the expressions. I do however like that you used the mirror shield which is a better indication of which Link we're looking at, and Navi's statement is very funny.

And Xin gets my vote yet again. One of these days I'll be able to vote for my own pic over hers, but until that time, I am forced to root for the enemy.... duh... I mean... competition :).

And a totally random side comment: Midna's helmet designs...AURGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...yeah

Yeah... I saw that and was like... sorry Midna, you're a shadow so you're not getting that much detail XD

OcarinaSword

Never Give up
wow this weeks were really good! my favorite was Random Person it made me laugh. Another one that was my favorite was xin (for short) that was another funny one i love them!

Jedizora

:right:
I had to vote for Random person. I just love how It was put out, and the differences between the two links. Tp link did get annoyed by the smallest things. At least In the beginning. So I could see him Getting incredably mad over the not-so-annyoing navi. I'm quite suprised he never gets annyoyed by minda. The others were also amazing. Although I can't tell what Raindrop14's is.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Congratulations to Xinnamin for winning with her entry
OoTmeetsTP.png

Your art will be featured on the main page, on Zelda Dungeon's Deviant Art account, and in the Zelda Art Lover's group.

Don't forget to submit the entries for next week folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom