• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Random Drawing Contest Round 39

The Random Drawing Contest Round 39

• Ryoga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Majora's Cat

• Random Person

• Siniru

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
RDC FAQ

Okay guys, before we get started I got some news. I am now the head whatchamawhosits of ZD deviant art account, thus I can now start featuring the winners once again on the site. From now on, if you have one, please send your deviant art account link along with your entry. If you do not have a deviant art account, your entry will be posted in Zelda Dungeon's account but you will still receive credit. Please note that entry into RDC means that winners will be posted on the deviant art page. If you have won in the past but don't want to be posted, then I will make an exception, but after this contest it will be automatic. If you have won in the past and have a deviant art account and your pic is not posted in the ZD's account, please send me the link to your pic.

RDC Winners
Now lets get this thing started!

Main Theme: The Legend of Zelda Series
Sub Theme: Worst Item Evar!

Ryoga

Invisible+Clothes+001.jpg

Majora's Cat

scan0131w.jpg

Random Person

niceearrings.png

Siniru

a12sux.gif

Voting Ends 8/15/12

Round 40 Main Theme: The Legend of Zelda Series
Sub Theme: Party

Entries due 8/19/12.

Last edited:

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Oh, I forgot to enter this! D;

Well, anyway, I thought they were all funny, but I'd have to go with Ryoga's. Link's face is so funny. :3

Ryoga
I wish the resolution was a bit bigger like your previous pieces. :< But from what I can see of it, I'm guessing we're talking the Hero's New Clothes from The Wind Waker? Haha, yeah. If you hadn't misspelled clothes... xP I do love the detail on Navi's wings. Very neat.

Majora's Cat
I am in love with your hatching and cross-hatching. I have always found pen and ink styles very intriguing and you know how to pull it off quite well. Because they show values without hues, your subtle use of colors in certain spots accents the piece nicely. LOVE!~

Random Person
Teehee... I snickered at this. The proportions are still a little weird, but it's not extremely whack. And Zelda's eyes... Lol'd. Though Zelda's grammar is... killing me. Dx "I know a dress that would go perfectly with them!" y u use adjective to modify a verb. ADVERB ADVERB eeek *dies*

Siniru
Rocks! <3 Your art style is very cute, and the colors, vivid... but I'm not sure why it is all GIF-like. Though the speckles on the color palette do add a neat effect to them. Your showing of highlights and shading are pretty good--the exception being a shadow above Link's belt. The proportions could also use a little work. --Why are they winking? [Ooh, Rage Italic is a pretty font]

--Majora's Cat gets my vote.

T

TheAmazingLink

aww... I bet im too late...

I spent so much time but then forgot the deadline, and i made a really cool one too... DX

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Can I do a 25th anniversary kinda thing? Just asking.

I often get this type of question, I should probably put it in the FAQ. You can draw WHATEVER you want as long as...

1) It's PG13 with no foul language or explicit themes.
2) You're not trolling.

Themes are for the audience to judge you on, not for me to approve your drawing. If you have an idea and you think it fits the theme, no need to ask. Draw and submit.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I often get this type of question, I should probably put it in the FAQ. You can draw WHATEVER you want as long as...

1) It's PG13 with no foul language or explicit themes.
2) You're not trolling.

Themes are for the audience to judge you on, not for me to approve your drawing. If you have an idea and you think it fits the theme, no need to ask. Draw and submit.

Okay,thanks.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
Question...it says Voting ends the 15, but entries are due the 19....this makes no sense....how can someone vote for something if it's posted after the voting time? Or is it too late to make an entry for this competition?

EDIT: ALIT helped me out....I'm stupid :P

Last edited:
I've always been a fan of dynamic color in drawing. Ryoga's and MC's are interesting in execution however appear a bit bland to my eyes. Siniru's is well drawn but pales in comparison to the detail permeating every facet of RP's piece. From the text to the sparkle in Zelda's eyes to Link's facepalm the detail present is tremendous. My vote goes to the community competition leader himself.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Ryoga
Nicely done, however a little plain. Your art is fine, but there's nothing about the concept that makes me laugh. Also, the "e" in your "clothes" is invisible.

Majora's Cat
Artwise, rupee. Not my preference of style, but I can appreciate it. Cross hatching is in the right spots, colors match each other's style, detail is great. I do notice that Midna is a smidgen chubby,but I don't know if you did that on purpose.
Concept wise, is good. Its not the best, but still understandable if you've played Twilight Princess.

Random Person
...You already know...

Siniru
Again, the art style is fine, just not my preference. A slightly simplistic style, and the shading is in appropriate places.

Your concept is where this piece loses me. I don't really find it that funny.

Majora's Cat is getting my vote this time. Nice job everyone. (Except you Random Person)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom