• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Random Drawing Contest Round 24

The Random Drawing COntest Round 24

• Anubis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Djinn

• mandym287

• Random Person

• LANZZ

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Main Theme : The Legend of Zelda Series
Sub Theme : The Ninjas of Zelda

Anubis

shiek.png

Djinn

bulblinninjas.jpg

mandym287

dp8tv4.png

Random Person

getyourninjaonbyrandomp.png

LANZZ

ninjalinkbylanzlinkd3j4.png

Nice to see so many interesting entries for this theme. Remember, please leave comments as people would like to know why they were or were not voted for. Voting ends on 6/28/11.

Round 25 Main Theme : Ocarina of Time
Sub Theme : Hot Spot

(Draw Link in some kind of jam or trouble)

Entries are due 7/3/11 on midnight.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I vote for Djinn's. I love the japanese style about it. The smoke wisps, the sun beams in the background. The central image itself is also quite comical. I love the little moblin fallen over on the left. xD

Kirino

Tatakae
I vote for Djinn. I love the style. It's the best and most creative, and it has some humor.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Five entries, that is awesome. Critique time~

Anubis: The drawing itself is very nicely done. Pencil lineart and digital coloring, yes? It looks very nice and including the dagger was a very nice touch. The slanted composition is interesting too. The lighting however could be better. It looks like Sheik is standing in a dark room with a bright light coming from behind. With that kind of lighting, Sheik really should be bathed in shadow with intense lighting around the outline. That's just a composition issue though.

Djinn: Why did you not ever tell me you could draw like that? Seriously, I'm impressed, and the concept cracks me up XD I think the only thing I can really nitpick at here is the fact that the rendering could have been better and the shadows being cast on the ground don't match with the lighting (ie the poor fellow on the bottom left, that shadow around his hand should not be that big). But seriously, that is awesome.

mandym: I like the ninja outfit, Sheik looks like an actual ninja now XD The coloring also comes off as sort of pastel-like, especially at the face, and I've always been a big fan of that kind of coloring. Some nitpicky things though: the black lines around the hair look horribly out of place. I'm guessing that's the lineart, but with the general lineless look of the coloring, the lineart kind of comes out as bad rendering. Also, the left foot should be a bit lower since it's in the foreground, or right foot higher since it's in the background, either works. Perspective and all.

Random Person: I...seriously laughed at that, in a good way of course! Ninja Navi, that's just epic Xp Now I know you're getting tired of me ranting on about lighting but before I say anything, let me just say the lighting on the individual characters is just fine as is. What I'm gonna nitpick at here is that the light source doesn't match the background, since the light source is clearly to the right, but the background seems to have a light source at the center background...I'll shut up about lighting now XD

LANZZ: Epic pose. I approve. And the contrast between the dark figure and the bright Triforce is very nicely done. The background is a tad chaotic though; I'm not entirely sure what you were going for there, but that's just personal opinion. I like the triforces in the bg pattern though, nice touch. I think you should have upped the brightness a bit however, since even though I think the dark coloring works well with the ninja theme and bright Triforces, Link should at least be bright enough that you odn't have to squint to see the distinctions in color and where the lineart actually is.

My vote goes to Djinn (seriously dude, why did you never tell me you could draw like that, or am I just bad at paying attention? >_> )

Djinn's drawing has caught my attention, although im not a great artist i have to say his is the most creative. all the others have either link or sheik, even though sheik is like a ninja, i wouldn't say he/she is. but this isn't about just the idea its about the art, Random Person, your drawing is great and i loved the idea but i found Djinn's drawing better in my opinion.
Mandy the drawing is great, but it has little creativity, same with Anubis. i would love to see something unique when looking at sheik being a ninja, the sword is great but there has to be more
LANZZ, the drawing is good i have no complaints but it didn't quite catch my eye.

Im sorry if this is a little too harsh but it is the way i feel about these drawings. I know i cant draw worth crap and that is what makes me a hypocrite.

Anubis

The most inactive active
I like both Anubis's picture and Djinn's but I felt sorry for Anubis so I chose Anubis's picture.
Thanks... I guess? :x
Anubis: The drawing itself is very nicely done. Pencil lineart and digital coloring, yes? It looks very nice and including the dagger was a very nice touch. The slanted composition is interesting too. The lighting however could be better. It looks like Sheik is standing in a dark room with a bright light coming from behind. With that kind of lighting, Sheik really should be bathed in shadow with intense lighting around the outline. That's just a composition issue though.
Damn it! I knew I forgot something, thanks anyways. :p
Mandy the drawing is great, but it has little creativity, same with Anubis. i would love to see something unique when looking at sheik being a ninja, the sword is great but there has to be more
I just wanted to draw my image of Sheik entering the Temple of Time, didn't want to be creative at all. <3
But I got too lazy and just made a strong light crawl out of the opening and added a black background... :rolleyes:
In overall, I failed so hard that the word fail got a new meaning (atleast with the shading stuff :>).

I gave my vote to Djinn, that picture was epic. The shading beneath all of the characters was strange though, it didn't fit at all.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Anubis - I don't really have complaints about the art too much. It looks really good, especially the shine on Shiek's hair. You are, however, lacking in originality. Though it was pretty obvious that there would be some Shiek entries, try to stray away from the typical. Maybe draw Shiek with different style clothes or in a really cool pose. Great job on the art, now lets just amp up that creativity.

Djinn - Dude, seriously, when I saw this pic, a huge smile came across my face. You have artistic skills that could rival certain spice themed mods around here. But that's not what one me over. What one me over is the originality of your piece. Its so well themed and hilarious. On my own drawing, I focused more on comedy than art hoping to get the laughter vote, but it goes to you. I do agree that the shadows behind don't really match the characters. Also, I see some places where the color is not matched up with the outline. Still, minor details compared to how awesome this pic is.

Mandy - Love the idea you got going here. Your art style isn't my prticular favorite type, but that doesn't make it bad. Don't know if you did this on purpose, but Shiek's head seems a bit off proportion. If you did it on purpose, then it fits well with the pick.

Random Person - I thought I told you to stop entering these things. You suck. Your shading is never adequate and this time your art is more awful than usual.

LANZZ-Awesome job man. I like the dark coloring and the backgrounds you got. I also like the glowing of the triforce and the hidden triforces in the back. And changing the shape of the Master Sword to make it more ninja got you more points in my book. I noticed that on his belt you drew the outline for the triforce, but colored it in a different spot. Also, the triforces on Link have jagged edges. You might want to fix that.

Vote goes to Djinn. With ideas and art skill like that, I definitely hope you enter again.

Last edited:

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
My vote here goes to Djinn, as it was just pretty appealing and realistic to look at. Everyone had good drawings this time, but Djinn's just really stuck out. Good job!

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Congrats to Djinn for winning with his entry
bulblinninjas.jpg

Your pic will be displayed in ZD's Deviant Art Account and be featured in the Zelda Art Lovers Group.

Don't forget...
Round 25 Main Theme : Ocarina of Time
Sub Theme : Hot Spot

Entries due 7/3/11 at midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom