• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Pokemon Trading Card Game.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Ever walk into a store and see a pack of Pokemon cards for sale?
I have.
I've played the Pokemon Trading Card game for such a long time now, I've got quite the collection.
I had the $500 Charizard card until a horrible filthy terrible (theycangodieinahole) person stole it from me.
I have over 600 cards and 40-50 EX/Lvl X cards.
I love my collection very much, but I stopped playing the Card game once my mom told me she wouldn't buy me cards anymore.

So I'll make this short and simple.
Have you played the Trading Card game?
First card? Favorite card? Favorite series? Have any Japanese cards?

Let's discuss!
(I've yet to see a thread like this, so if there is one please let me know!)

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I used to collect Pokemon cards. I have many of the 1st generation cards when the cards first started being released. I never had the Holo-1st edition Charizard card though. I have some 2nd and 3rd generation cards, no generation 4 cards. And some generation 5 cards. I don't collect them anymore because if I do I will feel the overwhelming urge to collect all of them and I can't afford to buy a ton of Booster packs, or collector Tins.

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
I started collecting Pokemon cards when my cousins gave me all of their old cards. There were around 500 cards from the base sets. Most weren't in the best condition because they were owned by 10 year old boys :P There were a decent amount of rare cards and some 1st edition ones.

Then I began collecting cards from the EX set - Ruby and Sapphire onwards. I have a good amount of cards from those sets. I never bought any from Diamond and Pearl sets mostly because I didn't like the Pokemon from Sinnoh and they became difficult to find in stores. I have a lot of cards from the Heart Soul set and have almost completed the Undaunted set. I also have a few Black and White cards.

I've got around 2000 cards now. I like both collecting and playing the game. I have a few custom decks and would probably enter competitions if any were held in Australia :P
So yeah that's my story for the TCG. These days I can't walk past a store that sells Pokemon cards without buying at least one pack xD

The people at target always look at me weirdly when I buy Pokemon cards...
:3

univpark

Heart of Steel
I have about 500 cards or so. I began collecting in 3rd grade (This is when I got into PKMN) and my first card was a prize for getting good grades. From my teacher. Almost all my cards are 3rd or 4th Gen, because I kinda stopped buying after that...

However, I do like playing the actual game, even if my deck isn't that good. It's a lot of fun at my local league.

My favorite card? Well...I like the various Empoleon ones, for artwork the Majestic Dawn one, and for power the Dark Explorers one. I also like the Glaceon cards.(Specifically the two from aforementioned sets)

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I have tons, but im thinking of selling them. I have the three first edition legendary birds in pretty good nick, so they should fetch a pretty penny!
I don't have a fave card, or worst one tbh, but I do really love an absol that kicks mighty butt! It's Absol G and if you attach a particular Galactics machine then you get to OHKO the opponent for one darkness energy that goes into your hand!

Fig

The Altruist
Ever walk into a store and see a pack of Pokemon cards for sale?
I have.
I've played the Pokemon Trading Card game for such a long time now, I've got quite the collection.
I had the $500 Charizard card until a horrible filthy terrible (theycangodieinahole) person stole it from me.
I have over 600 cards and 40-50 EX/Lvl X cards.
I love my collection very much, but I stopped playing the Card game once my mom told me she wouldn't buy me cards anymore.

So I'll make this short and simple.
Have you played the Trading Card game?
First card? Favorite card? Favorite series? Have any Japanese cards?

Let's discuss!
(I've yet to see a thread like this, so if there is one please let me know!)

I still have all of my Pokémon cards honey! I'm always collecting the brand new tin sets and booster packs! I always feel like a kid buying Pokémon cards!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom