• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Placements of Future Zelda Games

Anouma said Nintendo wouldn't reveal the timeline, then they did...

Now that Nintnedo are working on two new Zelda games following the release of the Hyrule Historia, do you think Nintendo will be quick to tell us where future games fit in the timeline or do you think they're going to let us ponder and try to work it out for ourselves again? (of course thats if it isn't blatantly obvious).

Would you even like to go back to theorising the placement of games within a canon timeline? Or now that the timeline has been revealed do you no longer care?

It's hard to predict what Nintendo will do since the company was so tight lipped on the franchise for so long and then bam out of nowhere announced the whole timeline in the Hyrule Historia. With the craziness of the company, I can only speak to myself obviously. Personally, I'd like for Nintendo to hold back on revealing the placement of future titles on the timeline. Theorizing over where a game fit was always part of the franchise magic for me and I would greatly like for those days to return. The reason it's a legend is due to the mystery surrounding series events. I'd like for things to stay that way.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
It's hard to predict what Nintendo will do since the company was so tight lipped on the franchise for so long and then bam out of nowhere announced the whole timeline in the Hyrule Historia. With the craziness of the company, I can only speak to myself obviously. Personally, I'd like for Nintendo to hold back on revealing the placement of future titles on the timeline. Theorizing over where a game fit was always part of the franchise magic for me and I would greatly like for those days to return. The reason it's a legend is due to the mystery surrounding series events. I'd like for things to stay that way.
Agreed. But if they do continue to update the timeline, I think that they would put some more games in the WW timeline branch or the TP timeline branch. These two are smaller than the other, and have plenty of room to expand. But this is Nintendo, so who knows. Maybe we will see a 4th branch? I hope not :P.

Maybe we will see a 4th branch? I hope not :P.

Ah, that'd suck, it'd be a nightmare if each of the three new branches began to split too. imagine in another 25 years time, The child and adult timeline will have split into to new separate timelines, maybe that is what nintendo is after, some kind of scary branching tree of Zelda. 3 is definitely enough,

I like that they gave us some time to try and figure out the timeline before giving us the real one. I don't mind that they spoiled it, at all. But for the next decade or so, I think they should keep us guessing about the timeline, then reveal it again. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom