• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Pirate's Bell

Anemos

Master of Chaos
In the Oracle of Seasons, when I finally found and polished the Rusty Bell into the Pirate's Bell, I couldn't help but notice the use of onomatopoeia.

You got the
Pirate's Bell!
GONG!

Something stuck out to me. At first, I couldn't think what it was, but upon replaying the Wind Waker, I remembered.

Piratesbell.gif

This is the Pirate's Bell, as it appears in Oracle of Seasons.

r90byg.jpg

This is the "bell" sounded by the pirates of the Wind Waker.

Interesting, is it not?

So, do all Zelda pirates simply like gong-like bells, or is there a legitimate connection?

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I think it's definitely an allusion to OoS, but not really anything more. Especially because the Oracle games are often placed on the CT and TWW is placed on the AT.

I think there is no connection. Especialy since they are on oppisite timelines.​

You know this how? I personally believe OoX can go in the child adult timeline. You can't state that for fact.

That's interesting. But perhaps it's common for Japanese pirates to use "bells" like that, which wouldn't really make it a reference to OoS, but just an inclusion of something that's common knowledge (at least in Japan). But that's just a guess on my part. I don't know anything about Japanese pirates (if they even exist for that matter, lol).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom