• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Past Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
So during the past week I have been in Bloomington, Indiana at the Indiana University Summer Music Clinic. For all you band/orchestra members on here, I highly recommend it! It was a blast! I made so many new friends (and even had some romance). The IU campus is beautiful. There was swimming, a night at the Union (kind of like the college fun center), several amazing performances, and awesome teachers/counselors! Although I was really disappointed the ZD Marathon happened to be during the same week, I still made a lot of friends that like Zelda and Pokemon! It was awesome. It's basically like being in college for a week, which was awesome for me, considering I'll hopefully be going to the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music when I graduate high school. So basically this was a pointless post, but I think it is an amazing opportunity for musicians all over the world.

What you are detailing is a very important experience-Spending time on a college campus before actually enrolling in one. I actually took part in a program regarding medicine last summer. While some aspects certainly disappointed me, overall I found it be a rewarding social experience just as you claim yours was. It's great that you pursued and expanded your passions!

Nicole

luke is my wife
You were very lucky to have had the opportunity to partake in such an experience. My belief is to prepare yourself well for college - and spending a week on campus is a great way to do so. Congratulations!

However, a post like this is much better suited for a blog rather than a thread, so I'll be locking this thread. Feel free to tell all about your experience in a blog though. I'd love to hear more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom