• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda The PAPER Legend of Zelda?

D

Dante Darkmane

On the 3DS, of course. The more I think about this the greater the concept seems.

Your thoughts? :)

As in Paper Mario? Sure but it would obviously have to be a spinoff, not a main game. Speaking of creative ideas, why not a Zelda game made of yarn (as in Kirby's Epic Yarn,which I honestly have no idea why I'm proposing for personally the game was way too easy and sluggish) or as 3D Dot Game Heroes proposed, blocks or specifically LEGO pieces, that is obviously if a negotiation between the two company's is reached.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I don't see why not? As long as it has the thrill of exploration that I love in Zelda games, I'm all for it .As long as it doesn't have turn based battles

Imagine Link using an Item or article of clothing to rotate the world from 2d to 3d at will. You can have epic fights using different points of view. Maybe a sidescroller, or a 2d person in a 3d world. The idea has potential. :D
I Loved the Paper Mario series so Maybe this is why I approve :D

D

Dante Darkmane

I'd imagine that it would be a paper top-down view like A Link to the Past. Since it's a paper game it wouldn't be canon and, like Paper Mario, would be delightfully hilarious. I'd imagine there would be a lot of throwbacks to previous Zeldas so Link would most likely have a fairy companion, maybe even navi, and I could see several instances where side-scrolling AoL style could be involved.

Paper Ganondorf would have some hilarious dialogue.

No. I don't think so, it would kinda ruin the zelda feeling.. it just wouldn't feel the same. But, it may work. I just have a feeling it wouldn't be the same..

No. I don't think so, it would kinda ruin the zelda feeling.. it just wouldn't feel the same. But, it may work. I just have a feeling it wouldn't be the same..

I agree with this comment. It might work. But Mario is a sort of different adventure type of game than Zelda. And as well I think it would not be the same and it would take away from the whole persona that the story has.

This is actually quite an interesting Idea, It would just be funny if this happened. But like A_LINK_IN_TIME said, It would have to be a spin-off game because it would just be confusing if Nintendo tried to put it in the "Timeline".

D

Dante Darkmane

I think a great way to make this fit into the overall Zelda series is that once you beat the game, the paper characters freeze in place and the camera pans out, revealing the whole game was really Neko the pirate from windwaker with another picture book (Similar to the one he uses to tell the story of Wind Waker at the beginning of PH.)

That would be a fun game :D

^ Now THAT would be interesting. However, like said before, it would have to be a spin-off game because fitting it into the story line would not make much sense. I was kind of disappointed in Nintendo with WW on the GameCube after OoT and MM on the previous platform. Loved the story, but mostly just with the graphics. Why couldn't they have upped their game with graphics on a new system?? *shakes head* Not as nearly as impressed.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
When I first saw this I almost immediately thought of the strange hand thing that always wants paper. That would be interesting because you could pretty much grab anything and be like "Here's Ganondorf. He's paper." If they do that, let's just hope it doesn't take Link down there by accident.

I have no idea, never played paper Mario but I don't really like the idea as some game aspects can't really fit in there then. -.-

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
while your at it, make a zelda game like the Baldur's gate games that you have a party in and everything. It wouldn't be a main game, but it could be fun. Maybe a total war game too.

So.. it was pretty much be a Final Fantasy game with "paper" Zelda graphics.. It would be semi-turn based combat?

BTW I love the Paper Mario games... you actually get to play a story set within the Mushroom Kingdom.. and get to know some characters and their personality.. something not really done in all the other Mario games.

I would buy a Paper Zelda game... but yeah as a spin-off title.

I think it would need to be a spin-off as well, it would be different from the normal, but still probably be fun. With Zelda there could be so many new types of puzzles due to the 3D part :P. But I agree with Night Owl about it not having turned based battle! Also what Dante posted, that's a cool idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom