• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Outrage: Terminian Counterpart Theory

I am just angered how everyone accepts the Terminian Counterpart theory as absolutly true without providing evidence or proof of any kind. I do not even see how this could be considered a theory. A guess maybe, a theory, now way. Parralel Worlds are worlds that do not intersect or worlds that are not ment to intersect. That has no connection to bizaro people. Just because this outrageos theory is socialy accepted does not mean that this theory is true or even possible. People argue that Aonuma stated that it explains a lot of character devlopment, Hello! He ment Skull Kid and Link! T -T' People only except this theory because they like this theory, not because they think it is possible or true. As far as I see it, there is no proof to this and this theory will most likely be contradicted if they make MM3DS. This thread is to state what I think of this theory, not to discuss its truth, which it has none of.

How is it outrageous? It makes sense, and it's been confirmed. You say that we only believe it because we like it, but the truth is that you just don't believe it because YOU don't like it. It's so widely believed because it's confirmed. Only a fool doesn't believe what is confirmed.

It is has been confirmed? Give me evidence. And do not just say some quote here show me a screenshot or a official website, or a place ingame. And as I said, this thead is not meant for me to convince you nor is it for your to convince me.
If you don't want me to give you a quote or show you a screenshot, official website, or something in game, then what evidence CAN I give you?! You want me to give you evidence, but you don't let me give it to you! I believe it's been confirmed by the developers, as I remember reading a quote before. I would find the quote for you, but you won't take it, anyway, so why bother?

It is has been confirmed? Give me evidence. And do not just say some quote here show me a screenshot or a official website, or a place ingame. And as I said, this thead is not meant for me to convince you nor is it for your to convince me.
Why don't you give us evidence that its not true? I mean, you are the one explaining it to us. We can't really see your point without valid evidence as to why you think this theory is wrong. Also, in all honesty, I cannot understand what you're trying to say in the first post.

Sorry, you misread what I said. I said I did not want you to post a quote here, what I did want is you to post an official website, a screenshot, or something ingame.
Oh, sorry about that. Anyway, I did find the source, and it comes from the game manual itself. I believe it was also stated by the developers before, but this is what I was able to find:
"This is a kind of parallel world that is similar yet different from the land of Hyrule, which was the setting for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time." (Majora's Mask manual, pg. 6)
I know it's not what you want, but I don't have a scan of the manual to show you.

Vibed

must read before he posts
The word land can have different meanings, it can mean the actual land or the people in it.

Merriam Webster said:
4 : the people of a country <the land rose in rebellion>

You seem to be choosing what to believe and are being ignorant and biased. And while the Quote and Manual evidence looks like pretty good evidence, you are avoiding to present evidence. I don't see how either side of the argument will win if certain words are controversial.>.>

So I'd still like to see real proof from you, Ember.

McBlizzy

Happy Mask Salesgirl
Where did the bizaro world come from? It's Parallel so it could be like the other side of Hyrule.

A Perpendicular world would be like Hyrule and the Twilight Realm because they cross into each other and affect each other.

I'm sorry but you have no evidence to counter prove your non Parallel Theory, and not accepting evidence proving the Parallel Theory is wrong is just ignorant.

Geography includes more than land (If you've taken Socials 11 you'll know) Geography includes the people and places in the land too. And the LAND of Hyrule may not be meant to be taken so specifically. I could have meant Hyrule as a whole.

I like to think of it like taking Hyrule and flipping it upside down. It's a different dimension with a different landscape and lots of the same people, therefore making it similar, yet different.

I just wanted to point something out, Ember Incubus, about something you said in a similar thread: about how none of the characters had the same name, and that Skull Kid isn't a name it's a race.
I thought it wouldn't fit the topic to reply there, so I'm replying here.

First point: quite a few characters from OoT (Hyrule) share the names of their Terminian counterparts, such as the Twinrova Sisters Koume and Kotake (if I spelled them right), Biggoron, Dampe, the Composer Brothers Sharp and Flat, Guru Guru, Kaepora Gaebora, Link's Goron Counterpart (even though he's much older), and most of the other characters that don't have the same name specifically are so simply because they are not named in the game.

Second Point: Skull Kid is his actual name, a nickname given to him because of the Skull Mask he wears that Link gives him during the trading sequence. That part isn't as important, but i just wanted to bring that up. His "race" is referred to as an imp, the only two pieces of evidence of this I can think of off the top of my head is in Anju's Grandmother's Story in MM and in guides to OoT trading sequence, both call him an imp.

EDIT: Here's the exact quote I'm replying to:

What are you talking about?! > .>' Nobody in the game has the same name except Link and Skull Kid, but that is because Skull Kid is a race and not a person. Nobody in the game had the same name. Also, just like the three goddesses creating the world in OoT, it isn't real visuals, it is something to help you visualise the game. And the NPCs were put their out of lazieness to make new character models. Admit it, people only want the terminian counterpart theory because they like the sound of it. There is no proof what so ever that they were the same characters.

Sorry it's in a mixed up order.

Last edited:

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
A bizarro world (or opposite world) isn't what we're(or at least I'm) trying to say here, as that means a dissimilar people/world take for example the movie Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shambala, after the main character Edward Elric is thrown through "the gate" he finds a boy that looks very similar to his brother but is instead a propulsion engineer in Nazi Germany instead of an alchemist like in Ed's world. As for the sentence immediately after "This is a kind..." "Termina is a mysterious place, and the people Link meets there look vaguely familiar at first glance." you could say that this is a little in-joke about the character models but it also highlights that Temina's inhabitants are like their Hylian counterparts even if they aren't exactly the same. Land may just as easily mean the physical place, the country (and by extension the society), or both.

Kybyrian

Second Point: Skull Kid is his actual name, a nickname given to him because of the Skull Mask he wears that Link gives him during the trading sequence. That part isn't as important, but i just wanted to bring that up. His "race" is referred to as an imp, the only two pieces of evidence of this I can think of off the top of my head is in Anju's Grandmother's Story in MM and in guides to OoT trading sequence, both call him an imp.

I'm sure that Zelda Wiki always has something to back themselves up, so I'm going to go ahead and say this here. Zelda Wiki refers to Skull Kid as a race, not a specific name. The Skull Kid are what become of children lost in the woods.

Anyway, Ember, I fail to see why you continue to ramble on about this theory being incorrect, when you haven't shown us anything to disprove it. We've given you evidence on how it could be possible, and you throw the definitions of words at us. I think you should back up what you're saying a bit, because we certainly have.

I would just like to point out a few things. There are three skull kids in OoT, Daurina's name is not the same as Goro-Link's name, and Earth and the World of Alchemy do share a bizaro-relationship, Termina and Hyrule do not.

Please read my posts thoroughly before trying to blast them. Apparently Zelda Wiki contradicts my second statement about Skull Kid being a race, So I may be wrong there, even though that is the least important of the two points. However, I wasn't talking about Darunia, I was talking about LINK'S GORON COUNTERPART, as in, the Goron named after Link. Even if you had proven that Darunia is in fact different than the Goron named Link in MM, you still haven't explained the EIGHT other characters that do in fact have the exact same name as their Hyrulian counterparts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom