• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Original Hero-TetraForce-FierceDeity

Calebmoore

Power Games Inc.
I just want to say that this isn't a theory on one topic, but instead multiple topics that coincide with each other. It all starts with Demise, Hylia, and her chosen hero. Now the chosen hero is commonly assumed to be the first Link. However I don't believe this. Instead I believe that the first hero is in fact the fierce deity. I first noticed this after replying Majora's mask. I began to ponder over who the fierce deity really was. I then looked back at Hyrule Historia and noticed that in the manga the "initial" Link seemed to be a prisoner of sorts. I started to think that this could be the first clue. It shows that this Link isn't exactly a "hero" completely. That could be what would lead him to become a fierce and evil god. But, as we all know, the manga isn't cannon, potentially ruling this out. Well, sort of. You see I still believe that it was the first chosen hero that became the fierce deity. I just don't think it was Link. Here's where things get a little stretched. I believe that there was initially a tetra force consisting of, courage, wisdom, power, and time. I believe this due to the mention of the goddess of time in Majora's Mask. The fierce deity was just a man that was chosen by the goddess to stop Demise. He eventually seals him away using the Tetra force, but not before demise casts his curse of reincarnation on him. Hylia offers one wish to him in which he asks for eternal life. If he cannot die, then he cannot be reincarnated. So using the tetra force he strikes down the goddess of time in order to take her place and become immortal. This explains why he has a triforce symbol on his chest. The reason they never mention a tetra force in the history is because, well, how would you feel knowing there was an evil God able to control time running around. It was best kept a secret. To escape Hylia, and also keep demise at bay, he uses is new power to traverse time and defeat every incarnation of demise. He eventually meets Majora. Majors sees that the fierce deity is evil and this is why he calls link "the bad guy". Majoras is sealed away and not soon after so is fierce deity. So there's one thing left to discuss. Link. His part is quite simple. Skyward sword link is the first link. He eventually obtains the triforce instead of the tetra force because Hylia knows that the entire tetra force drives men insane where as link can control the triforce. He goes back in time causing a split in the time line similar to ocarina of time. The time line of links birth and the time line where demise dies instead of being sealed away for hundreds of years. In the world where demise dies, he curses link causing the indefinite reincarnation cycle. Where as in the original time that link was born in, demise never would've cast a curse on him. Meaning there would've only been one Link. Anyways that's it for now, thank you guys so much for taking the time to read this. I love making theories and if you guys have any ideas or comments about this one please let me know!

That actually sounds legitimate enough. Given how the manga depicts a period before Skyward Sword and since it's in the official document rather than as a comic book, I'd say that the manga is a credible source in this case. I won't say that it's necessarily true and all, but it nonetheless is a very interesting theory, so thanks. ^_<

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
The Goddess of Time menetioned in Majora's Mask has always just been a diety in my mind, kind of like Hylia from Skyward Sword. I don't think this Goddess of Time is the 4th goddess to the three which created the Triforce. The Tetra-force is just a flawed theory which will never be canon (I hope). It would ruin established canon if it was implemented making all the current canon games flawed in their plots - copies of Hyrule Historia may as well be burned because it's explanation of the entire series would no longer be true.

He goes back in time causing a split in the time line similar to ocarina of time. The time line of links birth and the time line where demise dies instead of being sealed away for hundreds of years. In the world where demise dies, he curses link causing the indefinite reincarnation cycle. Where as in the original time that link was born in, demise never would've cast a curse on him. Meaning there would've only been one Link. Anyways that's it for now, thank you guys so much for taking the time to read this. I love making theories and if you guys have any ideas or comments about this one please let me know!
He didn't cause a split, there isn't another timestream branching from Skyward Sword - the physic of the time travel in the game wouldn't allow it. Instead of paradoxes, altered realities should have happened. Link kills Demise using the Triforce in the present. Ghirahim suprise attacks in the Sealed Temple and takes Zelda through the Gate of Time into the past. In that past era he uses Zelda to revive Demise, Link battles him and defeats him, in theory this is a grandfather paradox, by Link killing Demise in the past he's eradicated the one central person that the entire quest of the game was centered around (without Demise Ghirahim would have no reason to create his tornado to bring Zelda to the surface, if Zelda didn't fall to the surface Link would have no reason to go on his quest to save her which leads him to eventually need to obtain the Triforce, plus, without Demise there would be no point for the Triforce). A seperate timestream shouldn't happened, instead the event should have eradicated everyone and placing them into a new reality would no knowledge of what they did.

Also I just wanted to point out, I never viewed Fierce Diety as a bad mask, while it says it has dark power Majora's Mask is the real evil mask in my opinion.

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
The game never even hints at a previous hero (except perhaps for Fi's "But there are other legends, long hidden away from memory, that are intertwined with this tale."). Every mention of the "chosen hero" refers to SS-Link.

You've probably figured it out by now, haven't you, [Link]?

You are the chosen hero, and I, Zelda...

I am the goddess reborn as a mortal.

You might be thinking of this quote:

You know, they say that the goddess gave the Sailcloth to her chosen hero long ago.

Of course, the one you're holding isn't the same one. I've been working hard to finish making this Sailcloth in time to give it to today's champion. I'm really glad I got to give it to you, [Link]. Make sure you take good care of it, OK?
This one is ironic because of time travel causing some of the current events to become part of an ancient legend. It actually is the same exact Sailcloth, presenting a causal loop/bootstrap paradox: Zelda made the Sailcloth because it was part of a tradition, and the tradition was started by her making that same Sailcloth.

Then, since she gave it to SS-Link, the "chosen hero" in this tradition is indeed him.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
The game never even hints at a previous hero (except perhaps for Fi's "But there are other legends, long hidden away from memory, that are intertwined with this tale."). Every mention of the "chosen hero" refers to SS-Link.

You might be thinking of this quote:

This one is ironic because of time travel causing some of the current events to become part of an ancient legend. It actually is the same exact Sailcloth, presenting a causal loop/bootstrap paradox: Zelda made the Sailcloth because it was part of a tradition, and the tradition was started by her making that same Sailcloth.

Then, since she gave it to SS-Link, the "chosen hero" in this tradition is indeed him.
To add here, remember the paradox surrounding the windmill guy in OoT? Link learns the song of storms from the man as an adult - the man tells Link he learned it from a child. Later in the game Link must play the song in front of the man as a child to gain access to the well so it turns out that Link was that child. This is yet another example of the type of paradox which Locke has linked.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom