• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Oral History of Doris

Misty

Ronin
@Brian Frost: Get yoself respondin'

There were only two things worse than being a high school student, and both of them took place in a high school. One was being a lunch lady, and the other was being a seasoned lunch lady.

On the first day of her first year as a lunch lady, Sally found herself awoken by what seemed to be some deep, internal voice of reason and direction from a nightmare of a man in a suit laughing crazily before disappearing behind an office door. Shaking off this strange dream and voice, she got dressed and went to work.

Brian Frost

JPEG DEATH
After the recent meme ban at North New Downsdale South, the students and faculty alike have been incredibly politically charged. There is no revolution, yet, but I fear the students may go for the weakest links first.
Me? I am a humble janitor, and I've been working at NNDSHS for a few years now, after dropping out of the gender studies program at Downsdale community college. My name is Sal Fleck, and I have no other skills, so if I really want to keep my job, I can't go against the school administration.
That said, a meme ban? I can't get behind that! I love that sad frog, and that unicycle frog, and even the humongous guy or whatever. Although through my gender studies work, I've learned that memes are FAIRLY problematic, I can't help but chuckle at a good meme! I'm only human, and these kids; they're kids!
I fear that if I stand up for my values and go for the administration, I'll be fired, and have to get by through gigs with my System of a Down cover band "Sporax." But if I don't, the students might kill me with my own broom. Janitors aren't taught self defense, and neither are gender studies majors, so all I really know how to do is mop, complain and play the bass.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom