• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The One Thing You Can't Live Without

Nicole

luke is my wife
What is one item you think you can't live without? Not a person, but an actual item. It could be electronic or not. Whatever you feel you "need" in your life.

I, for one, need my iPod. I love music with a passion, so I'm constantly listening to songs on my iPod. It's portable and lightweight as well, so I can bring my music whever I go, which you can't always do with a radio. I also listen to calming music on my iPod before I go to bed. It helps me wind down and fall asleep faster.

Now, I'm not talking about things you have a physical dependence on. Simply whatever toy or gadget you love, and would be extremely bored without. Tell about it!

C

Cobalt

Sad as it is, I'm one of those people who feels lost without his phone. With phone technology what it is today, I can access almost anything thru the internet; my bank, my work site, facebook, twitter, almost anything. Without it, I feel separated from society. It's really handy to have around, but my depending on it is almost sad. And I'm cool with that.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
My music collection. I have over 300 CD's (I'm in the dark ages, no iPod) and can always listen to music no matter what I'm doing. If I'm relaxing or going to bed, I listen to music until I fall asleep. If I'm watching TV but nothing is really on, it's always entertaining to put on music and watch how good or bad it syncs up with what's showing on the TV screen. If I have company, I almost always have music on as a good background/white noise. If I'm doing cleaning, listening to music makes it less of a 'chore.' If I am reflecting on things, I have music that can apply to whatever mood I may be in.

So yeah, I pretty much can't imagine life without my music :)

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
I always (and I really mean always) have two pencils (not necessarily the same two, but I always have two) in my pocket. I tried carrying around a little sketchbook, but I'm just not a sketchbook person. I can usually find something I can draw on, though, such as concert programs or maps and flyers at Universal (I'm seriously not kidding.) One time when I was at the orthodontist and I had nothing to do, I tore off a form for karate classes and started drawing on that. So yeah. I would say my music collection or my iPod, because, like you, I can't live without music. But, I don't have much of a music collection and I hardly ever use my iPod. Most of the time I just pull up grooveshark or iTunes, or if I'm not at home, I whistle. So I guess I could say my mouth, but I think that would qualify as something that I have a physical dependence on.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

It's not really an object per se, but I'd feel very lost without music. It's a beautiful aspect of nearly everything I love. Perhaps you could say iPod for this, but ironically enough I recently lost my iPod. XD It's all good, though, because at about the same time I bought my 3DS and now I use that to listen to music. ^^ That's primarily just while walking around, though. I wouldn't sit at home listening to my iPod or my 3DS, I'd listen to music on the computer, where YouTube allows me much greater access to a wider variety of music. I also get to sing in church, which is very nice. :)

It would be my computer consoles.

I have spent hundreds of quid getting them.

When i say computers i mean old games consoles like the Super nintendo Spectrum etc.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I cannot live without a good old pencil and paper.

There is so many things that are in my head that I want to write down and draw down, so I would feel completely lost in the world without it. Once an inspiration comes to my head, I have to drop it down on a piece of paper.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
My music.

I've been twisted and turned and became entwined with my favorite music. I nee dto have it by my side in any situation so I can cheer myself up and feel myself get better and stronger. I could live without the ipod, cause that's the player, all I need are the files and I'l just get any player, whether it be a DSi, or a normal MP3 Player.

I definitely can't live without my laptop.

It has everything on it; my games, my music, my pictures, and it has internet so I can get on Zelda Dungeon.
Also other stuff like photoshop which is fun to mess around in.

F

FCBdaz

Well i walked down town without my phone the other day and could have swore my arm had fell off lol

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
My notebook. It's like opening a huge pathway to endless oppertunities, my own world and creations that may or may not go untold. I write so many stories, diary entries, poems, songs, scripts, roleplays and anything else I can think of. It has memories, drawings and so many ideas. Along with my own world. I am also like you, SoL, I always have to listen to music. But you said one thing...so my notebook.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
My iTouch. I refuse to read now because I listen to music on it when I can--such as going on trips to town or cleaning around the house. I also like browsing my apps and playing on them. It's so much more fun than flipping through a magazine in a waiting room with a bunch of people staring at you as the pages crinkle in the wind. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom