• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The One That Pulled You In

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I actually kind of liked Spirit Tracks, but the one that got me obsessed was Twilight Princess. It was one of the best Zelda games, and I love everything about it; the story, the dungeons, and the characters. If I wouldn't have asked for it for my birthday, I would probably not be here.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
My first Zelda game was The Minish Cap, but the game that really made me a Zelda fan was the Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker. I was so sucked into the gameplay, and the story was amazing, after playing WW I was like "Yeah, I like the Legend of Zelda a lot!" So the WW really made my like it.

my first zelda game made me a fan!... I think... well, it was oot, prolly been playing it ever since I was 6 or 7

i played MC first, but the one that got me started was TP.

at first, i thought the zelda series was VERY overrated. i only thought this because when i played MC, i didn't like it very much, that, and the fact that people called it better than mario, which i thought was rediculous at the time. one day though, i rented TP only because a friend recommended it. i thought it was only ok, and i played until about halfway through the first dungeon, but i wasn't hooked by any means. a couple months later, i decided to rent it again. by the time i got to kakariko, i fell in love with the game, so i asked for it for my birthday that year and the rest is history...

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
The first Zelda I'd ever played was OoT and everything about it drew me in: the gameplay, the characters, the music, the story. I have to give credit to MM, my second Zelda, as well, since after playing that I got hooked.

Nye Pendragon

derparific
Ever since I was younger, we always had Zelda games. Ocarina of Time was my brothers' most played game out of the tons of games we had for our N64.
I got out of the Zelda franchise, though, because I wasn't really into video games up until a few years ago.
It wasn't until Twilight Princess, of course, that /I/ got into the series. Now I'm a huge fan of all the games, but Twilight Princess remains my favorite.
C:

Ocarina of Time. Played it at a friends and my Dad got it for me a few days/weeks later (hard to remember, time works weirdly when you're a kid). Best game ever!

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
The game that got me addicted to Zelda was porbably OoT. To be fair though the first Zelda game I ever completed was WW. In all honestly the first zelda game I ever played was the first one when I was really little, but I didn't even know what I was doing I was so young. So yah OoT got me addicted. I love that game.:D

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Could have sworn I'd replied to this post before, but apparently not.

The very first game I played was the original Legend of Zelda. In a sense, it was the one that "pulled me in" because it interested me enough to seek out the others. For that matter, one reason I got a Wii was because of the virtual console and how it had some of the older Mario/Zelda games (I was looking for those specifically.)

The one that really pulled me into fandom, however, was Twilight Princess. I enjoyed the experience so much I wanted to seek out other Zelda fans, which also had the advantage of sparing my best friend's inbox, who kindly put up with updates to a game she wasn't even playing.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Definitely aLttP. I played it together with my best friend and it took us almost 2 years to complete 100%, from 1994 to 1996 (we were 6-9 years old back then). It was the first game that I was so addicted to that I often played until late at night, maybe 3am, which was extremely late by kid standards :). But it wasn't until 2007 that I played OoT and MM, those two really pulled me in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom