• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The One That Pulled You In

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I'm sure this is probably 60% of the answers, but Ocarina of Time. ALttP was my first game, but OoT really, really reeled me in. I love ALttP, but OoT was like my life when it came out haha

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I was introduced to Zelda when I was like 4 or 5 years old with the Legend of Zelda on NES. It was my brothers game but It was just a game to us at the time, nothing too big. Since that was the only game I knew of, that was Zelda, until Wind Waker, I missed out on knowing about the other games like Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and the Oracle games. A big part of that would probably be because I was introduced to the first Zelda game in 1999 or 2000 meaning it was very late and I was too young to have any knowledge of video games, besides they were fun to play. It was until Wind Waker that I was older and understood things a lot more. My brother knew about Ocarina of Time on N64 but never got it because we weren't really big on Zelda. Then on the Gamecube he saw Wind Waker and was reading news on it, and seeing pictures and videos on IGN and then we fell in love. Now we actually looked up games on the internet and had more knowledge on games instead of going to the store and looking at covers of video games to see which one looks cool and get it, like we use to. He went to Gamestop and pre-ordered it and got a Ocarina if Time for free by mistake on Gamecube because he pre-ordered Wind Waker.(He was one of the lucky ones that got it free with the pre-order) Now he had a Zelda game to try out while he waits for Wind Waker. When he played and passed it and we knew it was a master piece and really interesing and memorable. So I never really played the games except the first one on NES, (which is long gone along with the NES) but I was still a fan and always watched my brother play because I never owned a console until 2004 all I had was a Gameboy Advance and later an SP and DS. So in 2005 I saw a cool commercial of Minish Cap and got my first ever Zelda game.

Last edited:

arkvoodle

Diabolical
To be completely truthful, A Link to the Past was the game that pulled me into the series and got me hooked.
The style of the game, the large overworld, the storyline, the temples...everything about it seemed amazing. Definitely the one that pulled me in and kept me playing.

As much as I will get slated for saying this the one that got me hooked was Wind Waker. I had played Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time but to me they aren't as deep as Zelda games than Wind Waker is. Although that is probably because I adore side quests which may explain why my favourites are Wind Waker and Majora's Mask.

I

Indridcold85

I know this is going to be cliche but the game that really drew me in was the original LoZ. I loved the map and the bosses were fun as opposed to the jump over the boss to get an ax. The puzzles were really awesome. I loved the save feature, the first nes game to offer it. And also who can forget 8 bit over world theme.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an interesting story. My dad had his old NES and he used to love to play the original. I used to watch him play and play along with him. Then My neighbor gave me a game he hated and said it sucked and he didnt want it anymore so i took it. This "sucky game" was OoT!!! I played through that and became addicted to xelda ever since!

KrazyKyuubi

OH SNAPPLE
Narnia...And sometimes Pocket Asian's box
The games that pulled me in were Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages. My brother had bought them and I watched him play constantly. When I saw Link riding around on Dimitri's back, I was like 'cute dinosaur thing! :O' So I started playing so I could swim around. Then I discovered the games actually had more to them than riding around on cute animals. That's how I started playing Zelda games...

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
The one that got me hooked was OoT. I never new a game could have so much story sam with MM. Wind Waker suprised me and got me rehooked into the series. I realized these weren't just games, but masterpieces.

Zelda_Duh

Hyrule's Princess
Mine would have to be WW. The first one I ever played was Zelda 2, and that got me hook. But WW sealed the deal.

Beeker

Wild Card
I think I've said it before, but I don't mind. The game that pulled me in is also my favourite-Twilight Princess.
While the first game I did play was OoT, I only got to Jabu-Jabu, I had no idea you had to give him a fish, so I gave up and quit the game.:sweat:

Then in '07 when I got my Wii, my sis got Twilight Princess, and it was the story and the world that pulled me in. I thought it was such an amazing place, and I still remember after when I first beat it and kept thinking about Hyrule. And now I''ve almost made my way back to each game in the series.

Nicole

luke is my wife
My first Zelda game was Wind Waker, which I recieved for.... My birthday, I believe, when I was 6. I got up to Gohma in Dragon Roost Cavern, who I couldn't beat at the time, and I left the series alone until the summer of 2008 when I rented Twilight Princess for GameCube at Blockbuster. I stayed up playing for hours until I had to return the game.

Now, GameCube games are gettin' pretty old, right, and the disc from Blockbuster ws pretty marked up... So I told the guy at the desk about the scratches, and he said he'd get it fixed. Well, I still don't think it's been fixed. I went on a grueling search across my whole county to find the game at various GameStops, etc. Until, finally, we found it. Now, we found it in October, a week or two before my birthday, and at this point, the game was still kinda expensive... So I was told we'd buy it, and I'd get it for my birthday. So it sat at my house for days, unplayed, until my mother finally cracked and let me open it early. THAT adventure is why TP means so much to me. That and the actual game experience.... XD

Well, actually, I got the Nintendo Power Collector's Special magazine, and it was Zelda themed. I also have a m
Mario themed 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom