• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The One That Pulled You In

C

Camisado

My boyfriend at the time was a massive Zelda fan, and one day I watched him playing through Ocarina of Time and thought wow, this is pretty cool. My first Zelda game however was A Link To The Past (GBA version)...although the one that I really really really loved was Wind Waker. No, I'm serious. xD

And since then I've managed to get hold of all the mainstream games in one way or another. There is no series I have better dedicated myself to. xD

When I started playing video games, my first system was Nintendo 64, and we had many games, my dad was a huge gamer, so he had tons of games, once I was old enough to play, I played OoT, at the time I was 6, and I sucked at the game, so I watched my dad play, OoT is the game that got me hooked, it's also the first Zelda game that I played, and is also my favorite Zelda game.

Z

ZFAN2009

The first Zelda that got me into the series and made me a big Zelda fan was A Link to the Past for the Super Nintendo. that game was sooo awesome and it still is to this day. :)

K

Kat :3

Link's Awakening was my first Zelda love, the Oracle series came shortly after.

And that is awkward because it sounds as though the game impregnated me and I gave birth to the Oracle series.

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
Well, Twilight Princess made me become obsessed. I became a fan because of Ocarina of Time and then played all of the games after that. But Twilight Princess made me a true fan because I really appreciated everything about the series after I played it.

OoT. It was the first game I played on my N64 back in third grade.[I had the pritty gold cart too omg]. It's also the first one that made me the big Link big fangirl I am today. I was eight when I played it for the first time.
...That was just about 11 years ago. Geez I feel old.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
The first one I played IS the one that got me into the series, so Wind Waker.
Well, I did play Ocarina of Time first when I was real little, but back then I had no idea what the game was called, all I knew is that it was some kid running around in a forest.

L

linksfuturewife

I first watched my brother playing zelda when I was about 4 or 5. but at that time, I thought it was just another one of those stupid "boy games", butwhen i was about.... 9, when I got my DS, my brother gave me Phantom Hourglass. I really loved the game, and have now completed it 9 !/2 times. (I would've completed it more, but I've lost it twice & had to get new ones) XD anyways, my brother then gave me his N64 and copy of Ocarina of Time. Truth be told, I still haven't completed it. :)

I first watched my brother playing zelda when I was about 4 or 5. but at that time, I thought it was just another one of those stupid "boy games", butwhen i was about.... 9, when I got my DS, my brother gave me Phantom Hourglass. I really loved the game, and have now completed it 9 !/2 times. (I would've completed it more, but I've lost it twice & had to get new ones) XD anyways, my brother then gave me his N64 and copy of Ocarina of Time. Truth be told, I still haven't completed it. :)
I didn't complete OoT my first time either. Actually, the farthest I've ever gotten is the Water Temple.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
Well the one that pulled me in was Oot, I got for my 8th birthday, I had gotten a gamecube special edition that came with the zelda anthology disk. After everyone left in loaded it up and was amazed they had loaded these games on the disk, so I scanned through the menu looking for which one to play and the Oot picture caught my eye. So I pressed the a button and started playing it the graphics looked really cool to me but remeber that was the first game I have ever played. Anyway I played it and liked it the adventure aspect and the swords and sheild and the combat was cool I like it alot. Afterwards I stopped playing it and started playing Mm I like it to and it appealed to me even more until that night when I had to go to bed. But ever since then I have always loved the zelda series and that is why I love Oot so much. I like this thread I never though I would tell people about how I came to love the series but every minute playing a zelda game is like being the richest guy in the world.:D;):nerd:

Aki Graham

Secret Finder
It was MM when I was 6, and the whole deepness of the game (yes, I knew deepness and how to identify it back then) they hooked me. I played it on my perfect version of the Collectors Edition and I got to Ikana Canyon and immediately FELL IN LOVE. I then played OoT, and the pure nostalgia of it made my head spin. Though I hadn't played it before, I loved it for being the prequel of MM. Last month, my parents told me that they used to be Zelda fans before I was born. Of course, they admitted this once I was playing ALttP on the Virtual Console, which they owned the original. Ever since, I have planned out on how to collect every Zelda game.

Last edited:
A Link to the Past.

It might have been the first one I played, but it really did hook me in. I adored Link and Zelda so much! I loved how you had to go save the Princess and how you could go anywhere you wanted. When I first played, I didn't really understand how to do the dungeons that well. I was about seven before I could understand how the game really worked. It was the first one I played through and beat. I still remember how my hands trembled when I was fighting Ganon. When you're that young, it all seems like a big deal, you know?

ALttP really did bring me into the series. It was made of pure awesome. <3

My first game and the one that got me addicted are the same thing - the original Legend of Zelda, NES version.

Strangely enough, this was only last summer :P (You get desperate for things to do when you're sick in bed for two weeks.) I had actually purchased the game years ago and finally got around to playing it.

I remember a convo with my then-boyfriend regarding it, too:
me: Why didn't anyone ever tell me how much this game rocks?
him: [laughs] Wait until you play Ocarina of Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom