• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Old One from Demon Souls & the Legend of Zelda series

When I saw this entity, in Demon Souls (a game obviously influenced by the Legend of Zelda series), I couldn't help but think of classic Legend of Zelda moments like going inside both The Great Deku Tree and the belly of Lord Jabu Jabu.

I felt the need to share this recognition of gaming similarities and lore / fantasy world building because I feel like it represents the Legend of Zelda series epic influence on the video game medium as an artform.

Here's a link to a picture of the massive scale of the Great Deku Tree / Lord Jabu Jabu --esque ''Old One''

And here's an interesting article on maybe the mythological aspects of the entity.

(Note: To any moderators, forgive me if I've placed this in the wrong forum but I didn't think it was just "general gaming" because of the connection to the Legend of Zelda series that I try to lay out in my post. Sorry for any inconvenience.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom