• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild The "OHHHHH I could have done that" thread *can contain spoilers!*

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
So I was watching a youtube video about Giant Cores hidden in shrines locations. (yeah a mouth full, I know) and then I saw how the guy in the vid (Hyrule Dude) made his way to the shrine. In this case it's the shrine near Akkala ( the Ritaag Zumo Shrine that's hidden on the twister shaped beach or something). He grabbed the orb and instead of walking the whole way round, he used cryonis to create iceblocks and went all the way through the water. I already found and completed all shrines weeks ago so I don't have to do this anymore ( unless I create a new file), but I was like "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I COULD HAVE DONE THAT TOO INSTEAD OF GOING AROUND THE DAMN BEACH!"
So, the question is.....did anything happen to you like : geesh I could have done that/taken that path instead of what I did.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Ruta's ice blocks, I thought I had to shoot them, but on my 2nd play through I realised I could use cryonis break rune.
OMFG, same happened to me! When I had to fight Waterblidge Ganon and he was attacking me in the sec part, Mipha's spirit told me I could do something to block the attacks. Later on I realized I could and should have used cryonis to block his attacks. *facepalm*

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
So I was watching a youtube video about Giant Cores hidden in shrines locations. (yeah a mouth full, I know) and then I saw how the guy in the vid (Hyrule Dude) made his way to the shrine. In this case it's the shrine near Akkala ( the Ritaag Zumo Shrine that's hidden on the twister shaped beach or something). He grabbed the orb and instead of walking the whole way round, he used cryonis to create iceblocks and went all the way through the water. I already found and completed all shrines weeks ago so I don't have to do this anymore ( unless I create a new file), but I was like "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I COULD HAVE DONE THAT TOO INSTEAD OF GOING AROUND THE DAMN BEACH!"
So, the question is.....did anything happen to you like : geesh I could have done that/taken that path instead of what I did.

This particularly puzzle pissed me off as i couldn't seem to follow the path the damn lizalfos kept attacking while i was running with the orb, funny thing is though i threw the orb in the water and it popped up in the center of the spiral....... no clue what happened.

My "oh **** i coulda done that" moment is gonna be shield surfin, never knew how to do it turns out it's stupid easy. Another would be the discovery that in high heat you gain fire arrows from normal ones. Made me laugh when i shot a lizalfos and it burned to death.

{EDIT}

OMFG, same happened to me! When I had to fight Waterblidge Ganon and he was attacking me in the sec part, Mipha's spirit told me I could do something to block the attacks. later on I realized I could and should have used cryonis to block his attacks. *facepalm*

ARE YOU KIDDING ME.......... goddamn i never knew that.

OMFG, same happened to me! When I had to fight Waterblidge Ganon and he was attacking me in the sec part, Mipha's spirit told me I could do something to block the attacks. later on I realized I could and should have used cryonis to block his attacks. *facepalm*

*raises hand* yep, exactly this for me too. I've seen so many other people use arrows too, i felt so dumb when i realised i could have used cryonis but i'm so glad i'm not the only one.

I also wish i'd figured out the ice arrow-fire sword combo earlier.

I also wish i'd paid attention to the map. I approached Rito village from Hebra, so i legit climbed the big stone pillar (with one stamina wheel, which was difficult) and then glided into Rito Village.... I DIDNT KNOW THERE WAS A BRIDGE ON THE OTHER SIDE!!! Climbing that pillar took ages!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
This particularly puzzle pissed me off as i couldn't seem to follow the path the damn lizalfos kept attacking while i was running with the orb, funny thing is though i threw the orb in the water and it popped up in the center of the spiral....... no clue what happened.

My "oh **** i coulda done that" moment is gonna be shield surfin, never knew how to do it turns out it's stupid easy. Another would be the discovery that in high heat you gain fire arrows from normal ones. Made me laugh when i shot a lizalfos and it burned to death.

{EDIT}

ARE YOU KIDDING ME.......... goddamn i never knew that.
I feel your pain!

Another "oh god...**** " moment was when I jumped on a treestump to get to a korko seed somewhere in the Hebra mountains. I didn't understand why I couldn't get that stupid thing. And then I found out I had to use shield surfing. Gosh, brain fart!

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
There are especially two shrines where I really made a complicated solutions because I missed a key bit that made the solution much simpler. One was the shrine near the stable south of Lake Hylia. I completely missed that you could blast the rocks the door was attached to, so let's just say I found another more time consuming solution. Same with another shrine where a switch tilted the contraption 90 degrees. I missed that the switch could be activated with an arrow, so I used bombs, which made the orb fly out and I had to use cryonis and really tricky positioning to get the orb into the right spot, lol Did manage it, but there was a major "Doh" moment when I found out how that shrine really could have been solved, lol.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
A rather recent one, the korok seeds requiring you to throw rocks in i've found if you use cryonis on the water near them where the rock will land, the rock will skate in easily ^^

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
A rather recent one, the korok seeds requiring you to throw rocks in i've found if you use cryonis on the water near them where the rock will land, the rock will skate in easily ^^
Some of them actually can't be done without doing that, unless you're a godly stasis-bowler (which I am not). The More You Know!

He grabbed the orb and instead of walking the whole way round, he used cryonis to create iceblocks and went all the way through the water.
I often do this for the korok seed puzzles where you have to throw the rock into the middle of the circle of stones in the water. Most of the time you jsut don't have enough throw reach to make the distance with the rock throw. Using stasis on the rock is so hit an miss but using Cryonis so the rock can roll over the ice blocks and land easily in the circle of stones in the water makes it so much easier.

(It seems others here do this as well)

I also realised that every single test of strength shrine has pillars you can kite the guardian around. But there is none? Then you make them with cryonis or raise one with magnesis. It's not required to win but it helps make the battles easier.

I realised letting Hinox wake up to fight them is not the best way to deal with them. Took a while to work this out. What I do now is put on full sneak gear and sneak up behind them and get right behind it while it's still sleeping. Then I swap to a fat 2h weapon and full barbarian gear and whilrlwind it hard. Most of the time it dies before it can wake up fully. If it wakes up fully, it's severely weakened and few hits kill it.

Cheat on the Eventide island challenge and bring in fat weapons and bows.

Last edited:
Probably a bunch I'm forgetting but, burning the thorns on Hateno Tower. It was my third tower, excluding the Great Plateau, and I didn't come to the realization could could set fire to thorns yet. Thought it was too convenient to work, so when fire arrows crossed my mind, I dismissed it. Had to climb.

Mipha's Grace on Eventide. I completely forgot I had it somehow, probably because I was stripped of the rest of my inventory so I never really thought to enable it. I failed Eventide twice, and maybe my odds would have been better if I remembered ****in Mipha's Grace.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I often do this for the korok seed puzzles where you have to throw the rock into the middle of the circle of stones in the water. Most of the time you jsut don't have enough throw reach to make the distance with the rock throw. Using stasis on the rock is so hit an miss but using Cryonis so the rock can roll over the ice blocks and land easily in the circle of stones in the water makes it so much easier.

(It seems others here do this as well)

I also realised that every single test of strength shrine has pillars you can kite the guardian around. But there is none? Then you make them with cryonis or raise one with magnesis. It's not required to win but it helps make the battles easier.

I realised letting Hinox wake up to fight them is not the best way to deal with them. Took a while to work this out. What I do now is put on full sneak gear and sneak up behind them and get right behind it while it's still sleeping. Then I swap to a fat 2h weapon and full barbarian gear and whilrlwind it hard. Most of the time it dies before it can wake up fully. If it wakes up fully, it's severely weakened and few hits kill it.

Cheat on the Eventide island challenge and bring in fat weapons and bows.

in regards to your second one, if you're good at the flurry rushes let it spin to you, you can flurry rush it at that point. Also when it does the spinning laser, you get wind paraglide over it and downward thrust, extra hits ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom