• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Official Fire Emblem Fates Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81859
  • Start date

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
...wait there's grinding in fire emblem!?
is this an awakening thing? b/c unless we're talking about side chapters (which still matter),i haven't seen any grinding opportunities in the ones i've played [binding blade,blazing sword,& path of radiance]
You forget arena abuse.
and yes grinding is in FE8, 13, and 14 most prevalent. other games have the arena.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
oh thats a great point,though i generally don't screw around with the arena so that's why i forgot it
and idk what 13 and 14 are,8 was sacred stones though right
Fire Emblem 13 is Awakening, where there is grinding in the world map with Risen hordes that can be summoned by comleting levels and using Reeking boxes. 14 is Fates, where you can grind in My Castle (I think), but only in Birthright version (Hoshido side). And yes, FE 8 was Sacred Stones.
I used Arenas somewhat in Sacred Stones, but not that much, because I prefered the tower ( I forgot its name)

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Fire Emblem 13 is Awakening, where there is grinding in the world map with Risen hordes that can be summoned by comleting levels and using Reeking boxes. 14 is Fates, where you can grind in My Castle (I think), but only in Birthright version (Hoshido side). And yes, FE 8 was Sacred Stones.
I used Arenas somewhat in Sacred Stones, but not that much, because I prefered the tower ( I forgot its name)
I'm Birthright and Revelation it's the same thing as Awakening, where you go on the world map and fight hordes of enemies.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Alright! Tonight's the night the game releases!
I am going all digital for this baby.
Like I have said earlier, I'm starting with Birthright, going on to conquest, and then finally revelation. So I will definitely keep my thoughts posted about the game.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Birthright because I'm an unspeakable wuss about game difficulty, with the notable exception of Souls games. I'm a living contradiction.

It's a shame because I love the general vibe of Conquest - the character design, the more morally dubious nature of the story and character relationships, and honestly even just the box art - but I know that I'll just throw my 3DS against a wall if I try that one first. I've been replaying Awakening in preparation and still getting my butt served to me on a silver platter with a side of grey poupon.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Birthright because I'm an unspeakable wuss about game difficulty, with the notable exception of Souls games. I'm a living contradiction.

It's a shame because I love the general vibe of Conquest - the character design, the more morally dubious nature of the story and character relationships, and honestly even just the box art - but I know that I'll just throw my 3DS against a wall if I try that one first. I've been replaying Awakening in preparation and still getting my butt served to me on a silver platter with a side of grey poupon.
The game still has options for lower difficulty however if you like the story and characters.

Easy mode with casual difficulty still shouldn't be too difficult for you, and it still would provide a decent challenge though.

That's just some food for thought though :)

Garo

Boy Wonder
The game still has options for lower difficulty however if you like the story and characters.

Easy mode with casual difficulty still shouldn't be too difficult for you, and it still would provide a decent challenge though.

That's just some food for thought though :)

I guess I should clarify - though I'm never opposed to Easy difficulty settings in games, the one thing I usually will oppose is non-permadeath modes when permadeath is an option. So while I'll play both games eventually and play them on Normal or whatever the lowest difficulty is, I'm definitely playing Classic and not even considering Casual or Phoenix Mode unless I absolutely have to.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
ima hold out on the game until i beat path of radiance...........and awakening which i have yet to start
by then i should be able to save a few dollars by getting the game used

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Conquest is a huge fukken pain in the ass. Chapter 8 Hard Classic is harder than anything Awakening threw at me on LUNATIC mode.

D

Deleted member 14134

zLro6VE.jpg

My leaves are ready.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Okay, so I had about maybe an hour of the game. I am currently on Chapter 5.

First impressions:
Jeez, this game is downright beautiful. The story is pretty good so far as well.

I'm not impressed by the music yet... But that is the case for all Fire Emblem games. The music always gets progressively better.

Characters are extremely likable, relatable, and lovable. They are really well designed, well acted, and well written as well.

There is a ton of depth in this game. Just from the first real map this is clearly apparent. It clearly shows how much strategy is going to count, unlike Awakening. Everything is very well done!

Also, the game feels really good. The transitions themselves from battles just feels so good. It just does, all the little flourishes really help make this game stand out.

So far, I'm extremely impressed with the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom