• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask The Octo Shooting Gallery

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
I always try and memorize where the correct ones are. If you do it enough times you should hopefully start to memorize where to shoot, and then be able to anticipate where the next octo will be.

Okay, I was going to try and write down where each was on a notebook or something and then have it numbered. The problem is my aiming as well. I have the gamecube controller but the aiming is still emulated as if it was an N64 game it seems. I wish they would make a 3ds re-make or even just a re-release with the aiming controls. I need advice on aiming as well, because I need to be get 2 more heart pieces.

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
Yeah the aiming is such a pain. I have the virtual console version and play with a gamecube controller, and the aiming is hard. I always seem to aim too high or too low, even though it looks like it's centered. :S

H

Hughes

I found the solution to this about 3 days ago. each wave of octos stays up for 5 seconds. start from the left hand side corner. draw your bow and shoot them from left to right. instead of jumping all over the screen. dont worry about adjusting your aim up and down. just left to right. it saves time and its way less of a hassle

I found the solution to this about 3 days ago. each wave of octos stays up for 5 seconds. start from the left hand side corner. draw your bow and shoot them from left to right. instead of jumping all over the screen. dont worry about adjusting your aim up and down. just left to right. it saves time and its way less of a hassle

This is pretty much what I do. I always go from left to right. After some repetition you eventually just memorize where the red octoroks will pop up, and it's easy sailing from there. :D This minigame is easily my favorite shooting game in all of the Zelda series. Annoying, yes, but once you get decent at it, it becomes so much fun. >:]

I got it last night... Finally. :) Got 42 points. Ridiculous. First I can't get 40 and then, bam, I just get 42. Weird. ><;

But practice helpt alot! ;) Now on to the one in the woods... In my memory that one was even harder to beat... :dry:

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
That one seriously takes some practice. I do it by trial and error, and memorize where the right ones to shoot are.

I suggest trying over and over again that way you can memorize it eventually just because you played it so much. I also suggest looking at the video guide here. Caleb Simpson does an excellent job of giving tips.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
For me, this is the hardest mini-game in the entire Zelda series. I HATE trying to get that heart piece; as it takes me like 50+ tries to get it every time I play MM. My only advice to you is memorize it perfectly, practice your joystick work, and stick with it.

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
To beat the game I usually go in this order: middle, left, right. It is a pretty hard mini game and I believe it's only rival is the other shooting gallery in the swamp area. I found this particular game more difficult while using the classic controller those analogs are super sensitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom