• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The "Ocarina of Time" Time Paradox Theory

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
:)The Ocarina of Time's Time Paradox Theory:)
my theory of the Ocarina of Time's time paradox is as accurate as I can possibly make it.

As we all know, in Ocarina of Time, (Spoiler for anyone who HASNT beaten OoT yet) Zelda sends Link back in time with the Ocarina of Time so Link can relive his childhood that Zelda took away from him (because he was kept in the Temple of Light for 7 years). And by her sending Link back, creates the time paradox I am writing about. Basically, there are 2 different timelines with this. First, I'll start with the Child Link timeline.

So, Link is sent back in time, and now all that has happened (AKa: the Imprisoning War), is now over. Link then goes to Zelda to warn her about Ganondorf's evil plans (which is shown by the ending screen of OoT), and Ganondorf is stopped. Ganondorf is then sent to the excution grounds, where the Sages attempt to kill him, but is unsucessful. Thus, they banish Ganondorf to the Twilight Realm. Meanwhile, Link searches for Navi, who left him at the end of OoT. Eventually, he is attacked by Skull Kid, starting the events in Majora's Mask. MM has nothing really that would alter the timeline in anyway, but some of his weapons to come back in later games. (you'll see in a bit.) Centuries later, another hero is supposed to stop the evil that has befallen on Hyrule, thus being the time of Twilight Princess. Eventually, you'll meet a character, the Heroes Shade (in my story "Dark Link's Rising", i nickname him "Annju", a name from MM), this character teaches you the 8 "hidden skills". The Heroes Shade looks much like a Stalfos. He also has the Gilded sword from MM and the Mirror shield from MM. I believe that when the Link from OoT/MM went out searching for Navi after defeating Majora, he died in the Lost Woods (when a Hylian enters the lost woods, they die if they become lost). And also, the last words he speaks to you is "...do not falter, my child". Most believe that he's calling the Link from TP "child" as in his student. But i belive that the Heroes Shade is referring to TP Link as his SON. This makes sense, but i believe The Heroes Shade is more like the Great Great Grandfather of TP Link. And i believe the mother/great great grandmother was Malon from Lon Lon Ranch. Why? Because she worked at a ranch, and the Link from TP is a rancher. And TP Link also has Epona. It makes sense. Then, Ganondorf the human is killed, but the monster Ganon is still alive. Centuries after Twilight Princess, Four Swords Adventures (FSA) begins, in which Ganon is revived and so is Vaati. Ganon is then killed and is sealed in the Four Sword. This now ends the child timeline.

The adult timeline! Yay!
In the adult timeline, OoT Link seals Ganondorf away in the Sacred Realm. Centuries later, Ganondorf breaks from his seal. And to stop Ganondorf from taking over Hyrule, and since there is no hero to stop him, the three godesses -Farore, Nayru, and Din- flood all of Hyrule. This then starts the events of the Wind Waker. Link defeats Ganondorf, the Master Sword has turned Ganondorf into stone, and drowns in the depths of the Great Sea, killing Ganondorf forever. Later, Phanthom Hourglass begins. This being the direct sequel to WW. Eventually, we get to Spirit Tracks, which then ends the Adult Timeline.

Thank you for reading my theory of the Ocarina of Time Time Paradox. I will be posting other Zelda theories every so often. Thanks for reading. :)

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
This is not a theory anymore... it has been confirmed by Nintendo in the Hyrule Historia. And your theory is almost identical to a quite popular one called the "Split timeline theory."

Yeah nintendo has said this theory to be true on many occasions and is constantly trying to be put together in where all games belong in the timeline.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
00186.jpg

sheildcomparison.png
MM_Mirror_Shield.png

swordcomparison.png
images

The Heroes Shade looks much like a Stalfos. He also has the Gilded sword from MM and the Mirror shield from MM.
I challenge you to make these claims again.

Then, Ganondorf the human is killed, but the monster Ganon is still alive. Centuries after Twilight Princess, Four Swords Adventures (FSA) begins, in which Ganon is revived and so is Vaati. Ganon is then killed and is sealed in the Four Sword. This now ends the child timeline.
FSA-Ganondorf is a different person. A reincarnation of OoT-Ganondorf. Ganondorf isn't killed in FSA, only sealed.

Pretty much everything else is confirmed by the HH.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I believe that when the Link from OoT/MM went out searching for Navi after defeating Majora, he died in the Lost Woods (when a Hylian enters the lost woods, they die if they become lost). And also, the last words he speaks to you is "...do not falter, my child". Most believe that he's calling the Link from TP "child" as in his student. But i belive that the Heroes Shade is referring to TP Link as his SON. This makes sense, but i believe The Heroes Shade is more like the Great Great Grandfather of TP Link. And i believe the mother/great great grandmother was Malon from Lon Lon Ranch. Why? Because she worked at a ranch, and the Link from TP is a rancher. And TP Link also has Epona. It makes sense.

Maybe I'm not understanding something correctly, but Link dying in the Lost Woods and him having a child with Malon doesn't seem to add up. I don't think it is far fetched to think that the Heroes Shade guy is TP Link's ancestor. But it looks like you're saying that after defeating Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time, Link (who is still a child) goes and has a baby with Malon and leaves Hyrule? And then has the adventure in Clock Town, goes back into the woods and dies. I don't think Link was having any babies right after defeating Ganondorf in the Child Timeline. =P Just seems a bit inconsistent.

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
I have not read the Hyrule Historia, nor have I truely reviewed my "theory" thoroughly. I am sorry if any of my statements seemed idiotic. I find some of the mistakes that you have all pointed out rather stupid of me to have overlooked. Sme might call you "haterz", but i thank you. Now that I know of my mistakes, i can remember what my problems were and not make the same mistakes again. I thank you all. Oddly, im not the "optimistic" kinda guy, but im lookin' on the lighter side of your complaints. Thanks again! :)

Your order is the same as the one in Hyrule Historia, except you don't have the 3rd branch and the games before OOT.

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
By "third branch" you mean the "Hero is Defeated" section on the timeline? This is not a full timeline theory. This is my theory of the Child/Adult timelines.

Smoore

The Rational Theist
Maybe I'm not understanding something correctly, but Link dying in the Lost Woods and him having a child with Malon doesn't seem to add up. I don't think it is far fetched to think that the Heroes Shade guy is TP Link's ancestor. But it looks like you're saying that after defeating Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time, Link (who is still a child) goes and has a baby with Malon and leaves Hyrule? And then has the adventure in Clock Town, goes back into the woods and dies. I don't think Link was having any babies right after defeating Ganondorf in the Child Timeline. =P Just seems a bit inconsistent.

I'm not sure what iDarkLink meant, but I think it goes like this.

Link returns to the past. He goes searching for Navi but ends up getting lost instead. Then he saves Termina and returns to Hyrule. He grows up, marries Malon, and they move south into the Lost Woods area to found Ordon Village. Think of it as Link returning to his homeland, but the Kokiri would be gone or fading into the forest because the Deku Tree is dead. Now I don't think the Hero's Shade is a Stalfos, but I do think that it becomes a wolf because Link's spirit is that of a beast of the forest.

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
Yes, Smoore, that is what I meant. Besides the everything after the Ordon Village part. :lol: I sent Hylian Hobbit a message about what I meant. Thanks for posting that so others understand.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Link then goes to Zelda to warn her about Ganondorf's evil plans (which is shown by the ending screen of OoT), and Ganondorf is stopped. Ganondorf is then sent to the excution grounds, where the Sages attempt to kill him, but is unsucessful. Thus, they banish Ganondorf to the Twilight Realm. Meanwhile, Link searches for Navi, who left him at the end of OoT. Eventually, he is attacked by Skull Kid, starting the events in Majora's Mask.

Ganondorf is confirmed to be executed many years after link leaves Hyrule not immediately before MM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom