• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
A new Nintendo Direct was announced on Nintendo of America's Twitter.

B7M5cBIIgAIEbJe.jpg

That's roughly 30 and a half hours from now. What are we expecting to be shown?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Zelda Wii U.

It's been 7 or so months since the first trailer and they have recently showed off a tiny bit of game play, which was more of a tease than anything. With Hyrule Warriors now finished and Smash Bros.out, I expect them to shift gears and hype the next Zelda. Of course I also expect some MM3D stuff as well.

Let's hope for the best.

I'm expecting this direct to mostly focus on games releasing during the first half of the year. There'll probably be trailers for Project S.T.E.A.M., Monster Hunter 4, and Majora's Mask for the 3DS. On the Wii U side, more Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Yoshi's Wooly World, Mario Party 10, and Splatoon footage will likely be shown. I also expect the first English trailer for X enoblade Blade Chronicles X, another trailer for Zelda Wii U, and a possible look at gameplay for Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei and/or Star Fox Wii U.

Hopefully they will reveal what the majoras mask dlc will contain. Also a release date for majoras mask 3ds. I think its like this, they release the Hyrule warriors dlc right after the direct..announce the majoras mask 3ds date to be released this february or march, with bundles and new 3ds bundles ect. Because then we will have half a year (probably a little more) to play that game before Zelda Wii U. Kinda makes sense since Hyrule Warriors was released almost half a year ago (when feb/march hits)...kinda like filler games untill the big one comes out in...Desember?

Fig

The Altruist
Really can't wait what Nintendo is going to show off in the direct. I have a pretty much solid thought on which games will be featured such as Majora's Mask 3D, Project S.T.E.A.M, Yoshi's Wolly World, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, etc. Apparently there is a 4chan leak going on and quite frankly I'm taking them with a grain of salt. That said it looks more concrete than all of the other leaks I've seen on Facebook, reddit, and all the other social media I'm in.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Can't wait for the new Fire Emblem. Just the other day I thought, due to codename STEAM, and 3ds sequel wasn't likely. Awakening brought me into the series and made me love it. May this new one take it further!

Also, Xenoblade is looking very good. When is it coming out!

Why can't amiibos have multiple game files? Can't the Wii U save the files for you? Wouldn't it be nice to just keep the amiibo files there so u don't have to scrap your old ones to start a new game. Shoots the whole amiibo concept in the foot when you think about it.

Also, release more Star Fox footage or I fear the game will just be a practical joke they played on us.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
When I first saw the trailer for the new Fire Emblem title, I genuinely thought that Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem was finally going to be a thing. Pleasantly surprised nonetheless, especially since now the decisions made in the game will actually have an greater impact on how the story is told.

Xenoblade Chronicles X continues to wow me endlessly, though I'm not expecting it to hit Western shores by this year. (Is it so wrong of me to want the US to fight for it again? To me, a lot of Xenoblade Chronicles' charm was from its British voice acting). Nice Direct this time around, though I'm still not quite sold on Splatoon yet.

The worst part of the latest Direct?
Nintendo entering the freemium market. I think that market is pure cancer. And Nintendo should have stayed fully away from it. The game in question is the pokemon puzzle game the mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom