• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

I am definitely hoping for a longer Zelda trailer this time around with just over 3 months until release. Hopefully Nintendo announces something Mario related too to coincide with the release of the movie. Also, fingers crossed that Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp finally gets a new release date.

Reactions: Dio

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
With this being Zelda's anniversary month and TotK being less than 100 days out, there's gotta be something here. We need like a solid 20 minutes of those 40 to be on TotK please and thanks. Alternatively, what if there's no TotK and then at the very end of the direct we get a teaser that says we get a full TotK-focused direct on the Zelda anniversary date? That would also be acceptable.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
There’s no way that they’re not going to at least mention TotK.

Just a throwaway thought, but seeing as how there was a 4 year gap between Samus Returns and Dread and its been over a year since then, I can potentially see them announcing a new 2D remake to hold us over if we don’t get any Prime 4 news. I could go for a Super Metroid remake, even if I doubt that I’d like it as much as the original.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
darn it, I'm not ready for new games

I think the only big notable thing I expect is Metroid Prime 4, it's been far too long and I don't think it's unreasonable at all to expect to see something at this point, even if they're aiming for a 2024 release, just show something

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
I am really hoping for ToTK news even if its a trailer and then an announcement that its going to get its own direct with more information or at least maybe a preorder link for the digital release and maybe some preorder bonuses (i doubt there will be but one can hope.) I can't imagine them not saying something about Zelda. Its really the only game I'm hyperfocused on, I'd love for them to announce the possibility of adding gamecube games to the Nintendo Expansion pass. I doubt that will be happening though.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I expect for them to show a new trailer and announce ToTK's delay. Please understand.

Would be good to get some TP and WWHD whilst we wait. Would also love to see a 3D mario announcement as well Odyssey 2 please, though I don't really expect it.

According to my cheap crystal ball, we'll be getting more of a story trailer this time while the gameplay is reserved for a future TotK focused direct. It will mostly just give us the gist of the plot, a few shots of the changes made to the overworld, and end with a little surprise like a returning past character or a voiced line from Ganon.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
My TotK predictions:

• TotK gets shown at the end of the Direct
  • A story focused trailer is shown, but with gameplay sprinkled in to give us an overall gist of what to expect out of this game
  • Box art is revealed, assuming they don't keep the same box art they showed in September
  • Price revealed, pre-orders officially open, they also announce a pricier collector's edition
  • TotK Switch OLED is also showcased
  • More info, such as official promo art and supplemental info will be announced on social media in the months leading up to May 12th. So after today, they will go full swing on TotK promotion.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Literally the best Direct in years. Maybe even the best direct ever.

-Layton alone made my year. The artstyle alone looks weird, but whatever I just need it now.

-Metroid Prime remaster looks amazing, and it’s releasing so soon. Hopefully we can get the other two soon.

-Layton is back

-I didn’t even pay attention to the TotK trailer, but I know it didn’t really address anything I wanted to know. Whatever, I’ll buy it anyway.

-Professor Layton

-Pikmin 4 I don’t plan on buying it, but it’s nice that it got some love this direct.

-Laytooooooonnnnn

-ghost trick is a game I definitely plan on trying.

-once again, new Professor Layton game.

-the added consoles to NSO is certainly tempting, but I’m still on the fence about putting my faith back into it. Also the game selection was really weird.

-The Direct reminded me of a puzzle.

-New characters in MK8DX, pretty cool.

-I need more info on that Layton game.

Anyway, 20/10 I loved it. Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going to go watch the Layton reveal on repeat for the next few days.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Most people probably aren't as hyped for this as I am but I'm so happy they're making a new Fantasy Life game. Fantasy Life was basically my childhood, I've played it over a hundred times. The building mechanics do kind of feel like an acnh rip-off but I DON'T CARE because I love acnh too. I'm so excited to see how it comes out and if characters like Butterfly and Noelia come back.

I was extremely satisfied with this Direct.

We got big trailers for Zelda, Metroid, Mario Kart, Pikmin, Kirby, Splatoon, and Advance Wars plus GB and GBA games on NSO.

Honestly, between Ganondorf's voice acting and the amazing scene of Link trying to rescue Zelda, the Metroid Prime shadow drop, new characters confirmed for Mario Kart, and a new release date for Advance Wars, I am so freaking stoked. I also think everyone who has never played the GBA version of SMB3 should check out the eReader levels. They are so creative. I think this Direct confirms that the Switch will have a long lifespan.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The only games I really cared about in this one were Fantasy Life and Tears of the Kingdom. I am SO happy Fantasy Life isn't dead anymore! Finally it's revived from that horrible attempt at a sequel that was the Japanese only mobile kingdom builder that literally no one liked that basically killed the series. This one looks like an actual proper follow up game. It looked like the character Dragonslayer could be seen in the trailer so there must be some connection to Reveria. I'm excited.

Tears of the Kingdom was completely mindblowing and I'm still flipping out. I'll organize my thoughts better later. BUT HOLY COW!!!!

EDIT: oh yeah almost forgot Oracles on NSO and Minish Cap on NSO+ which is the first thing that makes me heavily consider upgrading.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
One of the best directs that has come out from the past few years, and a good amount of exciting new and upcoming announcements

I’m very excited for the Metroid Prime remaster most of all, I’ve waited for the Prime series to come to the Switch for so long, and this remaster looks better than I expected. Making me all the more anticipated for Metroid Prime 4

Ghost Trick coming to the Switch is also nice, and I hope more will be playing it since it’s a game I think deserves more love and attention. The new Layton game is also a cool announcement, and Blanc still looks interesting to me.

And TotK stuff looked great, the vehicles look like they’ll be fun and the atmosphere and over world still all look good. Disappointing that there wasn’t a lot they showcased again, but still, it’s nice we got a new trailer

All in all it was a very good direct and a great showcase

Last edited:

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
METROID PRIME REMASTER !!!!

Not Metroid Prime 4 but it is something else I was hoping to see !
Perhaps this remaster is supposed to showcase what we will expecting from the new engine so far for MP4?

Can't wait to get home and add it to my Switch's library.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom