• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Ik this isn't exactly part of Ninty direct, but since we're getting movie details in a half hour here's some promo art

Also I swear, if I hear anyone after this second trailer complaining again that Mario "just sounds like Chris Platt" I'm gonna start complaining that movie Bowser doesn't sound like Bowser from Mario Sunshine lol.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
image.png

"Brooklyn Heights" in the background. Mario from Brooklyn is canon babey!!!!

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
It looks better than the first trailer, but I’m still in the “cautiously optimistic” mindset here. I like that they’re bringing in Mario Kart to the mix, and the talk of galaxies is making me hopeful for a Rosalina cameo, but theres still a lot that can go wrong here.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

This sums up my thoughts perfectly.

But also, this looks freaking amazing!!!
Chris Pratt is doing a much better job this time and I can actually feel the emotion in mario for once. His little 'wahoo' at the end was adorable. Love luigi's va, every time I watched it I laughed at the part where's he's like, "y-yay". They've expanded the world with all the different galaxy places and it looks awesome. (Galaxies = Rosalina???)
The beginning reminds me of Smash, and then they had Mario Kart and Rainbow Road at the end. <3
The tanooki suit was a nice add-in, and the field of fireflowers is so pretty.

Screenshot 2022-11-29 4.44.11 PM.png
^ this is awesome. Peach is awesome. I love her. I love this.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
People are going to complain wayyy too much about Crisp Rat's Mario voice, which is sorta valid but people are gonna complain about it instead of how cool everything else looked. Some generic Illumination vibes in some parts, but overall this looks really freaking fun.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I am here for the Super Show references. Hopefully they can keep the spirit of that if they try to reference it in the movie.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
People are going to complain wayyy too much about Crisp Rat's Mario voice, which is sorta valid but people are gonna complain about it instead of how cool everything else looked. Some generic Illumination vibes in some parts, but overall this looks really freaking fun.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I am here for the Super Show references. Hopefully they can keep the spirit of that if they try to reference it in the movie.

I mostly see it as an issue of Chris Pratt being cast for name recognition instead of searching for a voice actor who can do the voice better. At last Jack Black is putting effort in.

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
This sums up my thoughts perfectly.

But also, this looks freaking amazing!!!
Chris Pratt is doing a much better job this time and I can actually feel the emotion in mario for once. His little 'wahoo' at the end was adorable. Love luigi's va, every time I watched it I laughed at the part where's he's like, "y-yay". They've expanded the world with all the different galaxy places and it looks awesome. (Galaxies = Rosalina???)
The beginning reminds me of Smash, and then they had Mario Kart and Rainbow Road at the end. <3
The tanooki suit was a nice add-in, and the field of fireflowers is so pretty.

View attachment 68887
^ this is awesome. Peach is awesome. I love her. I love this.
I'm not overreacting, you're overreacting!

I guarantee you that if Rosalina isn't in this even as a cameo, she's going to be important in the inevitable sequel. (Although they didn't announce a voice actor for Rosalina with the rest of the cast and yet they mentioned who the voice actor for Foreman Spike was, literally one of the most forgettable "Mario" characters in existence.)

That outfit is her motorcycle uniform from Mario Kart, which was a very nice touch.

Also did anyone else notice that the audience during the opening scene was entirely Kongs?

AND WE GOT SHY GUYS. AND YOSHIS.

I repeat:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom