• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

I liked the environment aesthetic, but I don't like the character models. Bowser's voice actor was good, I liked Kamek; Mario doesn't look or sound like Mario which is a weird choice.

I need HBO to make a Zelda series and this entire "Nintendo makes films now" experiment will be worth it.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I liked the environment aesthetic, but I don't like the character models. Bowser's voice actor was good, I liked Kamek; Mario doesn't look or sound like Mario which is a weird choice.

I need HBO to make a Zelda series and this entire "Nintendo makes films now" experiment will be worth it.
Given that Nintendo has partnered with Universal, a Zelda series would likely be produced by Illumination. I say nay, but it's possible I'm just wrong. The first go-around of Zelda cartoons was at least fun.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Lame. Not as lame as I'd figured but still lame. Illumination's CG is boring, their animation is lazy, they feel cheap and overproduced all at the same time. This movie looks like their best work yet visually and it still smells of Illumination. Dispise Jack Black. He's not the absolute worst actor but he comes off like he's much more talented than he is or ever was. As soon as Bowser walked out, looking all hardcore, I told my wife, "Aaand they undercut it with a joke." *cue anticlimactic snowball tossing* I'm so sick of the self-aware, mcu-pith, disingenuous dreck Hollywood's been feeding us for the past score of years. The Super Mario Bros movie will make money and probably won't be utter trash but it's obviously aimed at the lowest common denominator.
You certainly have a valid point here overall, but I feel like a movie about a video game is an ok place to have that sort of thing, but the oversaturation is the problem

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
There is no possible combination of words to adequately describe how excited I am for this. I've literally been waiting for this my whole life and I even did a drawing of the penguins an hour after seeing the teaser.

I don't care what you say, who you are, or what you think, you cannot spoil or ruin this for me. I will be there on opening day and I will love it. : D

My reactions to each character's voice.

Mario: Well... he's at least trying to sound different from his usual "Chris Pratt" voice. He's not successful, and I wish they would cast someone else, but he is trying, I'll give him that much.
Bowser: Honestly pretty good! Jack Black manages to be humorous, yet also intimidating, just like Bowser.
Luigi: I wish we could have heard more other than shrieks and screams, it's hard to get a read on his voice.
Toad: I was not expecting to like his voice as much as I do. It's like a mixture of Toad's voice from the games and The Super Mario Bros. Super Show. RIP to Keegan's vocal chords though.

Tentatively hopeful, but I'll probably wait until other people have seen it first, and gauge the reactions from there to determine whether or not I'll see it.

Every game from the direct just so you have a list of them

Venba - 2023
Goodbye World - November
Have a Nice Death - 22 March
Aka - 15 December
Pepper Grinder - 2023
Coffee Talk - Episode 2 - 2023
One - 9 March
Desta - 2023
A Space for the Unbound - 19 January
Dordogne - 2023
Botany Manor - 2023