• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
joking about how predictable the directs are is more like making fun of nintendo than anything, to be fair. but if it also offends people who take nintendo directs/game announcements too seriously then thats kind of a different problem. and joking is generally the antidote to taking things too seriously so
I wouldn’t exactly call “being annoyed that Nintendo has been catering specifically to one demographic recently” the same thing as “taking things too seriously.” They’re the ones who hype up their directs, they’re the ones who know very well of their own popularity, its not unreasonable for someone to be annoyed over their obvious favoritism.

What is unreasonable is being an asshole towards someone who isn’t happy that so much of Nintendos output has been JRPGs recently. “How dare you not be happy that I got what I wanted” is an incredibly selfish take.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
So I remember taking Directs really seriously back when they started in...'06? Whenever it was, I remember the first one and how seriously I took them. I used to spend a lot of time gaming and thus, I had a large investment in the gaming industry. Now, I hardly play games at all (comparatively) so I can laugh when Directs fail spectacularly. Still, I get how hard it hits when you have a chunk of your life invested in gaming and a Direct disappoints. We could probably be understanding of people who have a lot of investment in gaming and those people could probably be understanding of those who take Directs with a lighter attitude. I'm excited for it, whatever happens.

people kind of clamouring for a direct the past couple months being like SEPTEMBERS THE MONTH like as if nintendo making a direct somehow gives them the power to have amazing anouncements, yeah thats taking it too seriously imo

cuz if they got nothing to share and they are probably only doing this direct cuz fans have been fixating on september always being a direct month to appease them, then the direct itself probably isnt gonna have much unless they scrape some stuff up at the last second

joking about it being nso stuff is pretty standard

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
believe or not the direct will likely not be just pandering to RPG weebs so yall likely overreacting anyway
Statistically, that's what's been happening this year lol

Granted I've already got plenty of games on my list so I don't need them announcing yet another game I have to play at the moment

I just want to feel like something was made for me :(

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
people kind of clamouring for a direct the past couple months being like SEPTEMBERS THE MONTH like as if nintendo making a direct somehow gives them the power to have amazing anouncements, yeah thats taking it too seriously imo

cuz if they got nothing to share and they are probably only doing this direct cuz fans have been fixating on september always being a direct month to appease them, then the direct itself probably isnt gonna have much unless they scrape some stuff up at the last second

joking about it being nso stuff is pretty standard
Ok, but that doesn’t mean fill it with the same stuff as the past 3 directs, that just means show us what you do have. If Nintendo makes a habit and doesn’t adhere to it thats on them, not the fans.

Statistically, that's what's been happening this year lol
That’s what’s been happening for the past few years.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
Didn't realize there was this thread.

So... I guess I will just copy my statement I made on my own thread here I guess?

---

So... BotW2 was delayed to Spring of 2023.
This can mean one of two things -

1 - BotW2 is not yet ready and a delay had to be made in order to finish development (doubtful) and that means we get no new Zelda game this year, breaking the yearly-zelda-release streak we have had for quite a while.

or

2 - Another Zelda game that was being developed is complete and being set to launch in Q4 of 2022, so BotW2 was delayed in order to not compete with sales for the holiday season for this other game.

I personally think it is option No.2.
But the question is, what kind of game would we be getting?
  • A brand new game for the timeline built in the classic top-down style or the OoT/WW/TP/SS 3D formula?
  • Another Hyrule Warriors game, canon or otherwise?
  • A new remaster game?
  • A re-release of an already existing remaster onto the switch?
  • Another Tingle spin-off game or a gimmick game like Link's Crossbow Training.

What do you guys think?

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Didn't realize there was this thread.

So... I guess I will just copy my statement I made on my own thread here I guess?

---

So... BotW2 was delayed to Spring of 2023.
This can mean one of two things -

1 - BotW2 is not yet ready and a delay had to be made in order to finish development (doubtful) and that means we get no new Zelda game this year, breaking the yearly-zelda-release streak we have had for quite a while.

or

2 - Another Zelda game that was being developed is complete and being set to launch in Q4 of 2022, so BotW2 was delayed in order to not compete with sales for the holiday season for this other game.

I personally think it is option No.2.
But the question is, what kind of game would we be getting?
  • A brand new game for the timeline built in the classic top-down style or the OoT/WW/TP/SS 3D formula?
  • Another Hyrule Warriors game, canon or otherwise?
  • A new remaster game?
  • A re-release of an already existing remaster onto the switch?
  • Another Tingle spin-off game or a gimmick game like Link's Crossbow Training.

What do you guys think?
I mean, we all keep complaining that "oh we haven't gotten the new Zelda yet". But... it's not like the Zelda franchise has been asleep. If you stop and think about it, since botw 2's announcement we've gotten the Link's Awakening remake, Skyward Sword HD, and a completely NEW game in the form of Age of Calamity which was under direct supervision of the Zelda team. So no new mainline titles yet, but they've been actually giving us stuff while they're in the process of making that. To assume we'll get anything else is a bit of a stretch. I pity the Donkey Kong Fandom, they haven't had a game in a while and there are no confirmed plans for a new title. At least let 'em have a port of DK64, Ninty...

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I mean, we all keep complaining that "oh we haven't gotten the new Zelda yet". But... it's not like the Zelda franchise has been asleep. If you stop and think about it, since botw 2's announcement we've gotten the Link's Awakening remake, Skyward Sword HD, and a completely NEW game in the form of Age of Calamity which was under direct supervision of the Zelda team. So no new mainline titles yet, but they've been actually giving us stuff while they're in the process of making that. To assume we'll get anything else is a bit of a stretch. I pity the Donkey Kong Fandom, they haven't had a game in a while and there are no confirmed plans for a new title. At least let 'em have a port of DK64, Ninty...
I'll hand you Age of Calamity...somewhat, but those other games do little for me b/c I already played them in some form in the past, even if those are the best versions of those games
and at least the DK fandom actually has a retail game on the Switch

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
I pity the Donkey Kong Fandom, they haven't had a game in a while and there are no confirmed plans for a new title. At least let 'em have a port of DK64, Ninty...
ON GOD we need more DK love!
It surprises me really that Nintendo hasn't really shown much love to their other franchises tho.
Star Fox hasn't had anything on the Nintendo Switch yet outside of Starlink.
And of course we have to dust off F-Zero sometime. Frankly, I am surprised that Captain Falcon has not been added to Mario Kart as a guest racer.
ESPECIALLY given that Mute City was added as a racetrack in Mario Kart 8!!
maxresdefault.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom