• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

Kirino

Tatakae
f4q6CUO.png

Nothings funnier than being an asshole towards people who just want a reason to be excited, what are you talking about?
I thought it was funny myself

it even made me a bit more excited at the prospect of an announcement about a new mainline FE game

no part of that is "being an asshole"
at most, it is just harmless fun

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
i dont even think the joke has anything to do with the titles the person decided to joke about

the joke to me is how nintendo will probably spend more than half the direct talking about only a couple of things cuz they probably dont actually have much to announce
They have a ton that they can announce though. If they can announce and release Xenoblade 3 in the time that they did then theres no reason to think that they won’t be able to announce a new entry in one of the many franchises that they’ve been neglecting for years for a holiday release.

It’s pretty obvious to me that the joke is over the fact that so many people are tired of the constant Xenoblade announcements and wouldn’t view FE as much of an improvement.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Either the person making the joke enjoys JRPGs and is making fun of people that get salty when those gain more love/attention than series from other genres; or the OP is the complete opposite, saying it as to throw a jab at Nintendo to show their low expectations due to the excessive amount of JRPGs revealed.

Considering this joke can be read in two completely opposing ways it's kinda on you to read it as them being "assholes", which even so it's a bit excessive since it's a very harmless joke. Not sure what you mean by them not seeing Fire Emblem as much of an improvement either, it was just mentioned because it's also an anime styled RPG that gets lots of random hate.

joking about how predictable the directs are is more like making fun of nintendo than anything, to be fair. but if it also offends people who take nintendo directs/game announcements too seriously then thats kind of a different problem. and joking is generally the antidote to taking things too seriously so

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
And you think this is ok?
In this scenario, if someone enjoys Xenoblades or JPRGs in general, and they finally get releases they enjoy, I don't see why some people need to be such killjoys and aggressively complain about that. Let those be happy with what they're getting.

Just because a person didn't get a reveal or news of something they wanted that doesn't mean they should go around hating on those who did. I don't think dealing with these haters with this sort of harmless humor is wrong.

When Byleth was added in smash the hate was so strong people reviewbombed stuff, harassed aggressively other members, and even sent death threats to the developers. Someone being sassy and cheeky about wanting more stuff they like shouldn't even be comparable to the hate sheep behavior that happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom