• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

MightyMario

The Vengeful Warrior | Drawn by Uwu_Oocoo2
This just goes to show Nintendo only cares about you if you're a jrpg weeb. This was announced in February of THIS YEAR. Meanwhile, the only BotW2 trailer we have is 3 years old and we have doubled the number of trailers for it since then. Amazing.
uh

Xenoblade has many fans so it would make sense to do this, considering the game launches next month.

BOTW2 was delayed until 2023 and they have said that they have nothing new to show currently.

so in conclusion, Nintendo does not care if you’re a jrpg guy and cares for all of the games it makes.

Remember, “Good things come to those who wait”.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
the game launches next month.
Exactly, that's only 5 months between announcement and release, we don't know how long they were working on it but I HEAVILY doubt it's longer than BotW2. Now BotW2 could just be the greatest game of all time and worth the wait, but it's certainly frustrating for it to be static for so long with no info whatsoever, while this jrpg doesn't even take half a year to launch after announcement.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Exactly, that's only 5 months between announcement and release, we don't know how long they were working on it but I HEAVILY doubt it's longer than BotW2. Now BotW2 could just be the greatest game of all time and worth the wait, but it's certainly frustrating for it to be static for so long with no info whatsoever, while this jrpg doesn't even take half a year to launch after announcement.
Oh, so you'd rather have Xenoblade 3 take up about 10 minutes of the Direct? BotW 2 got pushed back to next year so of course XC3 would be a priority in the meantime. It's a business decision that Nintendo made to keep it separate from the main fare, which is rumored to come out next week. Just be patient.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Oh, so you'd rather have Xenoblade 3 take up about 10 minutes of the Direct? BotW 2 got pushed back to next year so of course XC3 would be a priority in the meantime. It's a business decision that Nintendo made to keep it separate from the main fare, which is rumored to come out next week. Just be patient.
That's just the problem, the jrpg is priority, as usual.

Didn't realize I had to be looking forward to Xenoblade to be a Nintendo fan, I'll see myself out.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I would rather they stop making Xenoblade games entirely and focus more on franchises that tend to sell more than 2 million units.

They have yet to formally announce anything about a general direct. Until then, I will continue to complain about a the existence of a direct made specifically to talk about a game that both Nintendo and its fans insist is more popular than it actually is.

nintendo pretty much posts nonstop updates to their twitter with bios for xenoblade 3 characters, which has sort of already assumed the role of what a special direct would do for the game. we have a LOT of pre-release information for the game, so its not like a dedicated direct is particularly necessary to get hype going for it that isnt already. but yes, more gameplay will be nice to see for those interested of course, but nintendo is probably not getting more buyers from this direct. as mark said, it'll mostly be for people who are already sold on the game and/or have already preordered.

but if im not mistaken, nintendo used to announce dedicated directs like this after (or even during) a general direct, so the fan response is probably because there is no news of a general direct as of right now, apart from rumors. directs like this are better received when they're a follow up to general nintendo news, so those who wont tune into this direct dont feel so starved of information. --we dont just consume the directs to be pursuaded to get a game; we consume them to get new announcements and receive information for titles that are currently in development so we can learn more about where they are in that process.

nintendo as always just seems kind of disconnected from its customers and the lack of proper directs just feels like they've decided communication is not how they want to market games anymore.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
i would like to add that xenoblade most definitely has a large following, considering that 3's preorders knocked out their site from all the traffic. like just because not all of us here arent interested in it, doesnt mean that it hasnt become a large nintendo series of its own right.
Heavy traffic =/= large following. It just means that the following it does have is dedicated enough to preorder it. Looking at sales, Xenoblade isn’t even close to being one of Nintendos more popular franchises, nowhere near enough to warrant this kind of support at least.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
That's just the problem, the jrpg is priority, as usual.

Didn't realize I had to be looking forward to Xenoblade to be a Nintendo fan, I'll see myself out.
"The JRPG" is simply coming out sooner, just like when Splatoon 2, Smash Ultimate, and New Horizons got dedicated Directs. This is not the end of the world.

You don't have to be a fan, but nor do you have to talk down on it just because it isn't an interest to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom