• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Top 3 announcements for me:
3: Earthbound on Switch is nice, I'll get a chance to play that sometime.
2: Kirby looking dope, especially the car thing :eyes::eyes:
1: PORTAL ON THE SWITCH HECK YES

Honorable mention to Coconut Mall on MK8DX, still don't plan on getting it anytime, but cool to see it get some recognition

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
>Three Houses Warriors
>Mario Strikers
>Klonoa Collection
>MK8DX DLC

Not to mention Kirby, Triangle Strategy, and Advance Wars, which have already been announced, of course.

Very good Direct. Strong first half of 2022, if you ask me.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
They somehow keep managing to make each direct more and more disappointing.

Another Warriors game… woo hoo…
A ton of RPGs… yay…

I’m sick and tired of the most exciting things in these directs for anyone who isn’t completely obsessed with RPGs being ports of really old games.

Sure, Mario Kart DLC is really cool, but it’s not exactly something I’m jumping up in down for, same with Strikers.

In the past year of directs, there has been exactly one new game thats from a series I actively care about, and a handful of entries in franchises that I kinda like. I don’t need every direct to be full of my favorite games and nothing else, but could it kill them to have a little more than just 1 Mario sports game and a ton of anime RPGs?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
SmartSelect_20220209-170549_Discord.jpg

When I tell you I made the loudest and ugliest laugh when my joke prediction from exactly a year ago came true literally in the first second of the direct.... absolutely amazing. Nothing in recent memory compares to the euphoria of that moment.

And unironically the new fe warriors was the only game from that direct I'm set on buying. Kirby has my interest but I'm not a Kirby fan. I've only partially played a game on NES Online, and from my outside perspective it just looks like Super Mario Odyssey but with Kirby instead of Mario. Interested, but not set. I am happy for the xeno hoes for getting their new game, tho. I got a lot of xeno hoes in my friend group. Good for them.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
biggest things for me

xenoblade 3
klonoa phantasy reverie
mario strikers battle league
mario kart 8 DLC
chrono cross (and maybe front mission and live a live)
fire emblem warriors

a lot of solid stuff here, love to see old series return

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I'm just like
Not a weeaboo
Anime art styles give me conniptions, the dialogue is always bad, and it's always just over the top and exaggerated in everything
Sure it's a Japanese company but they have a worldwide market to pander to. So it's moreso that too many people like weeb crap and so all these old jrpg franchises getting revisits leaves less stuff for me
I'm jealous of the people who went into this and got rpg after rpg from games they played as kids cause I'm just not into it man

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
This was really exciting, a step up in terms of Directs, at least to me

I’ve always really liked the Kirby series, and the new Kirby game looks very promising and fun

Earthbound I’ve wanted to play for a while, so I’ll definitely play it now on the Switch

Mario Kart DLC is great, plus…

51BEAE02-E01F-4281-AE5A-8D70E84CC512.jpeg

Yes! Coconut Mall is Mario Kart 8 now! As a Mario Kart Wii lover, I’m really excited about this

Overall, this was really good, better than expected

Last edited:
I'm becoming increasingly less interested in Triangle Strategy when og octopath traveler Live A Live is being remastered with the same look. Nothing quite sends a message that these games are all carpon copies of each other like Square Enix recycling identical visuals. I don't think I've been this turned off by a game artstyle since Cuphead.

I like j/rpgs, but I look for ones that are unique/stand out. So...

Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the direct. Three Houses Warriors will be nice to nullify the amount of Fates fanservice in the first Warriors game, at least. Maybe it'll examine the fact that Those Who Slither manipulated Edelgard and Dimitri, and have them realize this?

Also Mariokart dlc looks great :eyes:

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I'm becoming increasingly less interested in Triangle Strategy when og octopath traveler Live A Live is being remastered with the same look. Nothing quite sends a message that these games are all carpon copies of each other like Square Enix recycling identical visuals.
you’re telling me that they aren’t all the same damn game being shown over and over again?

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Mario Kart DLC is great, kind of annoying you have to pay for it though
The most hilarious thing about this to me is that mk8dx already comes with dlc stapled on free and 48 new courses is more than any other Mario kart game previously
Why on earth would it ever be free?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom