• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The only thing I wanted to see was AoC DLC. I got that and sooooo much more that I didn't even think to ask for.

The teaser for the MH Rise expansion came far sooner than I expected. I'm hype.

First time a Kirby game made me wanna play it but idk. still on the fence, but still interested.

N64 and Genesis collection might be worth it for me.

Smash reveal of a smash reveal. Oct 5th hype.

New ACNH content is always welcome. Nice to see Brewster finally arriving.

Deltarune Chapter 2 free update! I literally just started my replay of ch 1, too. Didn't expect it to come this fast.

Bayonetta 3 looks pretty crazy. I'm excited for it.

I'm honestly kind of shocked there was no Pokemon news. But whatever. This direct was fantastic. So much goodies.

EDIT: forgot about Rune Factory 5 in all the chaos on the other stuff, lol. Yet another thing to be excited for!

Last edited:

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Open world Kirby looks cool, and glad to see they're actually doing N64 Online. I'm not too fussed about the new plan because $20/year is really good for any subscribtion service. Gonna be cool to have KotOR on Switch if I ever decide to play it. I'd call this a 3.5 star Direct

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The new online membership plan is one of the scammiest things I've seen Nintendo do in a long time. Imagine paying extra to play old games that probably won't even have online multiplayer.

Using up direct time to announce future directs is such a waste.

Kirby looks neat, pretty much the only thing I cared for. Aside from the 5 seconds of AoC dlc they showed.

Can I have my 40 minutes back?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Hyped for N64 Online, can't wait to play Ocarina of Time on Switch, and eventually Majora's Mask.

Bayo 3 was a long time coming, so I'm glad that finally got shown. I'm not too excited for it though because I have not played the other games in the series, but I'd like to.

I need to rewatch the Kirby trailer but if what I'm picking up is right, it is open world? Sounds pretty cool.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
It was an 'aight Direct.

3D Kirby actually looks heccin fun.

MH Rise expansion is nice. About time they announced new content.

Chocobo cart is cute.

AoC DLC actually looks interesting enough now.

N64 online is nice, but I'm curious as to what the pricing will be.

Anything else I already knew about, so...

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
There was a lot of stuff here that was interesting, but not a lot that was new. Most of it was ports or games we already knew about.

The new Kirby game was the only actual “new game announcement” I can think of, and it was easily the highlight of the direct.

the only other stuff that interested me was the KotOR port, the N64 Online, and maybe Castlevania. Even the N64 Online was kinda lame since they’re probably charging extra for an add on to a service that was already way overpriced.

Overall, 6/10 Direct. I’ve seen better, I’ve seen worse. There was definitely stuff for some people here, it’s just that I wasn’t one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom