• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I expect:

- smash dlc fighter reveal (this ones obvious because they literally name-dropped smash in the twitter post lol)
- age of calamity dlc
- another monster hunter rise trailer
- info on the next animal crossing title update
- zelda 35th news
- a bunch of indies
- another dumb pokemon spin off that no one asked for like the league of legends style one
- alternatively, diamond and pearl remakes that look just as bad and soulless as sword and shield

I hope:

- botw 2 trailer (not getting my hopes *all the way* up but still hopeful regardless.)
- silksong release date
- ys 9 release date (we only know its in the summer right now)

Would be nice:

- rune factory 5 western release date (not really expecting this because its initial release date in japan is listed as summer, so western release likely wont be in the first half of this year)
- monster hunter stories 2 release date
- bayonetta 3 trailer
- something new for astral chain (since nintendo recently fully claimed it as their own ip)

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I'm glad I'll get a chance to try Miitopia, and SSHD is nice as well. Also glad it's not until July, I've got plenty of time to play some of my other planned games.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
No BotW 2 news was expected but it was still hilarious that Aonuma memed about it. "i know many of you are excited to see botw 2. well we dont have it today. (:" that was hysterical

- Pyra and Mythra look more fun than the other 3 in this pack so thats cool. was funny that they bait and switched rex lol
- new trailer for MHRise was fantastic. Extremely hyped.
- Miitopia is cool to see come to the Switch but I probably won't double dip unless they add new classes. I hate most of the classes. Gimme more RPG-like ones dangit.
- ACNH Mario update does nothing for me
- AOC DLC YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
- Skyward Sword HD is a must for me. it looks exactly the same as on the wii so thats kinda :/ for a supposed HD version and they didnt say if they added anything to it besides button controls. but i will still buy it.

That was everything that caught my attention. MHRise, AoC DLC, and SSHD are the best things from it. Pretty happy.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
This direct was just kinda ok.

Pyra and Whosit are such lame additions, even more so than sephiroth. At least sephiroth is an iconic gaming villain. Tweedledee and Tweedledum over here are just so meh.

Miitopia was pretty cool, but I’m not sure if I’ll double dip it.

Mario Golf is always nice.

AoC was garbage so I’m definitely not getting the DLC.

SSHD is the only thing I’m definitely buying. I’m glad we at least got that, though I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed that we didn’t get a little more for Zelda.

Splatoon 3 and NMH 3 are neat I guess, but I have absolutely no interest in them whatsoever.

Overall 6/10 direct. I’ve seen better, and the fact that this was the first direct in 1 1/2 years doesnt help.

Gotta say, I'm extremely excited for Skyward Sword HD and Age of Calamity DLC, but...

1. Pyra/Mythra actually makes me angry. Their designs are so quintessentially "anime girl who doesn't wear enough clothes." I know a lot of people like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but I really, really don't like them/don't want them in Smash.
2. Zelda got snubbed here. It's the 35th anniversary in four days, and they didn't even say it out loud. I can get not having Breath of the Wild 2 news, but I was hoping for collections: Switch really, really needs Ocarina, Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess on the system. However, I still have hope...
3. I didn't even find anything (save for the Octopath Traveler sequel) at all interesting. Call me a die hard or whatever, but I want more of the hardcore stuff: Zelda, Metroid, heck, I'd be happy for some more of those Dark Souls ports. What we were given just didn't do it for me.

That all being said, I still have hope for some better news coming soon. I think we might get a surprise Mini Direct for Zelda on Sunday, with some collections. Mario got a huge anniversary, and if Zelda doesn't get one, than Nintendo has blown it, big time. Mario's nice, but I think there are more people in the world who genuinely care about Zelda than people who genuinely care about Mario.

Finally, I am really, really happy about Skyward Sword HD. I've wanted to play it for years, but never had the chance, and the option to play it without motion controls is a welcome change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom