• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Overall a decent direct. Nothing mind blowing which is fine. Overwatch, LA, and SNES are definitely cool. Banjo is a must for me. He seems not too complicated and looks fine. Stage looking fine. Everything else is meh so again not an amazing direct but not bad either

Snes at no extra cost is good, Banjo is fine, upgraded free to start Kirby game from 3DS, Luigi's Mansion 3 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions port (which i thought was a gamble of long odds) are all that interested me.

I was shocked at the amount of shadow drops.

Lol Pokemon still looks crap.

Wow, out of all the Nintendo Directs I've seen, this is probably the most painful, boring one to date. Nothing grabbed be with the exception of Banjo-Kazooie arriving tomorrow, More Smash DLC fighters planned, Pokémon Sword & Shield news and.... that's pretty much it (except maybe the release of Devil May Cry 2) Everything else I just rolled my eyes and turned the chair the other way. I got more enjoyement watching Sakurai's Banjo-Kazooie demonstration...

What was the whole point of the Link's Awakening segment? There was nothing shown that we didn't know about it so what was the point of showing it?

Who's Terry Bogard?! Like Joker, I've never heard of this character, but what's worse he's a retro character and I have no idea who he is....

I don't care about Overwatch, I don't care about Xenoblade Chronicles, and I certainly don't care about Animal Crossing.

As for the SNES Online thing, I am so sick of NES and SNES!! Yes they are classics and yes they are fun, but why can't we have something different like N64 and Gamecube games? Nowerdays thanks to the NES/SNES Mini, eShop, online programme etc. everyone has played NES/SNES. N64 and GCN are more retro at this point!!

Now to be fair I'm sure other people are excited about the info recieved today, theres bound to be, so I guess my little rant there was a bit selfish, but I just had to get that off my chest. There have been some boring Directs in the past, but this one with by far the most mind numbing of them all.

All of today's direct announcements.

Overwatch - 15 October

Luigi’s Mansion - 31 October

Super Kirby Clash - Now
Trials of Mana Remake - 24 April
Return of the Obra Dinn - 2019
Little Town Hero - 16 October
Banjo and Kazooie in Smash Bros U - Now
Terry Bogard announced for Smash Bros U - November
More DLC fighters in development
Link’s Awakening - 20 September
Link’s Awakening Amiibo - 20 September
Dragon Quest XI-S - 27 September
Tokyo Mirage Sessions Encore- 17th January
Deadly Premonition 2 - 2020
Deadly Premonition Origins - Now
Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Now
DOOM 64 - 22 November
Rogue Company - 2020
Pokemon Sword/Shield - 15 November
Super Nintendo games added to Nintendo online
Super Nintendo themed controller for Switch
Tetris 99 update - 5 September
Mario and Sonic at the Tokyo Olympic Games - 8 November
Daemon X Machina - New Demo - Now
Daemon X Machina - 13 September
Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast - 24 September
Witcher 3 - 15 October
Assassin’s Creed; The Rebel Collection - 6 December
Dauntless
Just Dance 2020 - 5 November
Grid Autosport - 19 September
Farming Simulator 2020 - 3 December
Ni No Kuni - 20 September
NBA 2K20 - 6 September
Call of Cthulhu - 8 October
The Outer Worlds - Soon
Devil may Cry 2 - 19 September
Vampyr - 29 October
Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 3 March
Xenoblade Chronicles - 2020

Gonna try out the Daemon Ex Machina demo to see how far along it has come since the first demo. A lot needed fixed IMO so we'll see how that goes. They must have some faith in it to put a demo out there.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The direct wasn't terribly exciting for me, but what else is new. I'm sad we didn't see Silksong or Rune Factory 4 Special. It did have some moments that made me really happy, though.

Don't care about Banjo or Terry, but that doesn't mean I won't try them, and I'm not mad about them being in either. I'm really stoked to see that more DLC fighters are on their way. Sakurai is too good to us. The poor man had eye bags in the Banjo showcase for pete's sake! Get some rest, Sakurai! Also Sans being a mii fighter is such a meme and I love it. I am totally grabbing that just for the music track, lol.

I wasn't expecting to see New Horizons in the direct, so I was very pleasantly surprised. It's probably my most anticipated game right now, next to BotW2 and RF5. It looks so good! I am so hungry for this game.

The Pokemon SwSh news was.... actually all good for once? Huh. How about that. Still probably won't buy it, though, honestly. I'm still really heartbroken over it.

That's about it. Don't really care about anything else they showed. (except for LA, but we already know that's coming very soon, so...)

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
you know its funny, when a direct was announced I was as excited as anyone, but right before I started to watch it I got to thinking.....they had a pretty good E3 and they mentioned about bringing up games we knew about, how much big stuff could there possibly be?

that right there got me to keep my expectations in check and I was exactly right, they pretty much showed what I expected them to show w/ very few surprises, as heart dropping as seeing the xenoblade remaster was, it's still a re-release of an older game, cool to see terry bogard but I'm not too crazy about him

I don't know, its just funny that it only took me a moment of thought to bring my hype levels down, so therefore, I didn't find this direct to be disappointing at all

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
After the direct was over I thought it was an amazing direct, but after a few hours I realized that the only thin that I really enjoyed about it was that more smash dlc is in the works.

Why on earth was overwatch their opening? I get it’s a popular game but it’s one that’s been out for years now, everyone who wants it probably already has it. They should’ve put xenoblade first and terry last, as those were easily the most hype parts of the direct.

Who the heck is terry? I’ve heard of the neo geo but only because of the Wii shop. Maybe he’s popular in South America but that’s still alienating the majority of people who play smash. The only people in other parts of the world who know about him are die-hard fighting game fans, so any other fighting game would’ve catered to them. Why not somebody from mortal kombat? Or maybe soul caliber? Heck even guilty gear is more popular than fatal fury or whatever. I’m not complaining by any means, I’m happy for anyone who isn’t another fire emblem rep, I just wonder why specifically a character from a game nobody has ever heard of.

I gotta admit, even though I hate the way Pokémon is turning out I like most of the new Pokémon. That bird is goofy and reminds me of Kevin from Up

Who the heck is terry?
King of Fighters was quite popular back in the 90s. There was quite a few of them. I'm just surprised Nintendo did not use KoF and said Fatal Fury instead.

Overall for me I think the direct was totally amazing. But in a non hype kind of way. Something for everyone there. That's the big takeaway here, as it's the first time in a long time that almost everyone was ok with the direct. Only the hard haters *****ed about the direct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom