• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

Cool direct, i love the new style where they blitz through the headlines.

Nice to see the final Smash amiibo coming, can finally have Bayonetta.

Arms i'm still not sold on and i still dont want to pay to play Splatoon 2, though i do like the look of the Salmon Run mode.

Didnt expect Payday 2 on Switch or Fate/Extella i wont buy them but both are welcome and its good to get games that PS4 and Xbone have.

Biggest news for me was Kirby. I'm a massive Kirby fan, if Zelda didnt exist Kirby would be my number one jam. Im not too fussed on Team Clash Deluxe since i played that mode quite a lot already in Robobot.

The 3D Rumble expansion game is one i'll be getting, it was far too short in Robobot and it could be an exciting glimpse into Kirby's new 3D future.

The multiplayer game has me worried though. I HOPE we can play it single player too because i dont want their to be a Kirby game i'll revisit in a year or so and will be unable to play if others arent (like Tri Force Heroes).

This is Nintendo so im sure there'll be a single player option. However im still a bit disappointed that it wont be another core single player game like his last two.

Last edited:
New Nintendo Direct for Arms plus a few other random things.
All the different local times are in the images below.

Australia

18519992_10154924514764580_5178367796400421239_n.jpg

USA

o6KhFmX.jpg

UK

y1y6gdY.jpg

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I would not expect many new surprises for E3 this year. Just a lot of information for stuff we already know about. Mainly:

Mario Odyssey
Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Fire Emblem Warriors
Xenoblade 2
Skyrim
Splatoon 2
BotW DLC

There does not seem to much for for surprises unfortunately. We may get one or two, but it is best to keep expectations in check..

Nintendo doesn't like to announce games that are way down the line anymore, they announce things at the most 8 months in advance now. Which has it's ups and downs of course. But even so, I think even with no surprises in store, nobody can argue 2017 is going to be absolutely astounding for Nintendo fans. This is simply the best year we have had since even the Wii era.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Unless its Zelda. Hopefully BotW will be the last time they announce something thats still years away.
Zelda, Xenoblade X, Yoshi's Wooly World, and TMS#FE are actually the reasons why Nintendo moved to this format(Funny enough, these games were all announced in the exact same direct, and all of them didn't come until the end of the Wii U's life cycle).

Nintendo has announced a new Japanese Nintendo Direct, which will air on Wednesday, June 21st, at 8 PM local time. The Direct, which will be 14 minutes long, will be all about Dragon Quest XI.

W0eT8sr.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom