• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
ADVANCE WARS HYYYYYPE

Love when they give some love to forgotten franchises, even if it is just a remake. It looks quite nice too.

Tbh that was the highlight for me. I know there was stuff for everyone to be excited about, but none of it really piqued my interest except Mario Party and the BotW2 trailer didn't show much.

Overall much better than the last Nintendo Direct, though I'm disappointed they're not doing more to celebrate Zelda's 35th. The Game & Watch looks like a neat collectible though.

Was disappointed that we didn't see Mario Kart 9 and we basically got confirmation of no Zelda Wii U ports. On the other hand, Metroid is a day one purchase for me. Mario Party looks promising and I was incredibly happy to see Advanced Wars.

I'll have to wait and see how Kakarot performs on Switch.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Nothing that had me going "ZOMG DAY 1 PURCHASE LESGO," but there were some gems. That racing game, cruising iirc, looked good, as did the Mario party classics thing. Metroid Dread looked cool, and a Guardians of the Galaxy game night be fun.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Nothing exciting in the announcements for me. The Mario Party game looks cool but not for full price. Would have rather them ported the old ones. BotW2 didn't look too interesting to me. Maybe because I've never finished BotW (I don't hate it but not super into it). But BotW2 looks to be about the same with some extra stuff.

Was hoping for some more info on Splatoon 3.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Well. That was both amazing and disappointing at the same time.

I am completely indifferent to the tekken fighter. I guess he’s an important enough character to be in smash, but we’ve already gotten 3 other fighting game characters in ultimate alone.

By far the highlight was Metroid dread, seeing as how the last 2D Metroid was fusion on the GBA. I am super excited for them to bring back this title.

Warioware was a neat announcement. I’m glad we’re finally getting one for switch. It’s nothing I’m absolutely stoked for or anything, but I’ll probably get it.

My prediction was actually correct about Mario Party. It seems like they figured out why the Top 100 failed so badly.

Advance Wars and fatal frame were neat announcements, but really nothing more to me.

And then there was Zelda…. I’m at a loss for words as to how underwhelming the Zelda segment was. Only 4 things were talked about.

We literally got no news on SSHD, which sucks.

We had some vague details on AoC DLC which I’m not even gonna bother with because of how crap the base game is.

The Zelda Game and Watch is neat, but kinda expected. I find it super weird that Links Awakening is being put on it considering the remake just came out a few years ago. It’s easily the best announcement of the 4 though, which is really saying something.

The new BotW 2 trailer told us literally nothing about the game aside from the setting and a couple new mechanics. It literally just looks like BotW again, and I’m losing hope that they actually did anything to address the numerous flaws the first game had. They didn’t even show us a title. Just a release year that I could’ve told you before the direct.

By far the worst part is the fact that they basically said that there’s not gonna be ports of WWHD or TPHD, as that’s pretty much the one thing I really wanted.

The fact that this direct was the highlight of E3 is really telling of how not great this year was. It’s far from their worst direct ever, in fact it was actually quite good compared to the last 2 big directs, but good lord this is a severe drop in quality from their E3 2018 and 2019 directs.

I do not think there was a huge wow moment in this Nintendo Direct . . . but it was solid. Something for everyone. So overall it was a job well done.
2nd best event at E3 this year in my opinion.
For me the games from it that I am interested in:

WarioWare
Astria Ascending
Metroid Dread
SMT5
BotW2

Overall I think everyone is interested in the specific games / genres that interests them and that's fine.

MW7

And then there was Zelda…. I’m at a loss for words as to how underwhelming the Zelda segment was. Only 4 things were talked about.

We literally got no news on SSHD, which sucks.

We had some vague details on AoC DLC which I’m not even gonna bother with because of how crap the base game is.

The Zelda Game and Watch is neat, but kinda expected. I find it super weird that Links Awakening is being put on it considering the remake just came out a few years ago. It’s easily the best announcement of the 4 though, which is really saying something.

The new BotW 2 trailer told us literally nothing about the game aside from the setting and a couple new mechanics. It literally just looks like BotW again, and I’m losing hope that they actually did anything to address the numerous flaws the first game had. They didn’t even show us a title. Just a release year that I could’ve told you before the direct.

By far the worst part is the fact that they basically said that there’s not gonna be ports of WWHD or TPHD, as that’s pretty much the one thing I really wanted.
I felt the same way except I assume that I am more positive on BOTW 2 (BOTW does have flaws though) and wasn't aware the Zelda Game and Watch was expected. I had entirely blocked out the fact that Mario had one for its anniversary and assumed anniversary meant a compilation like Super Mario 3d All Stars. I have no idea what they are doing porting plenty of other Wii U games and not WWHD or TPHD. It's hard to comprehend how the Switch is 4 years old, and there's still no way to play OoT, MM, WW, TP, and SS on it and only one of those five is known to be coming. For reference the Wii released in North America on November 19, 2006 and Ocarina of Time was available on the virtual console 3 months later on February 26, 2007.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom