• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Also looking forward to anything splatoon naturally, and the warp pipes being functional in animal crossing really gives me more options for my island so I'm super ready for that too

Obviously there was a ton of fluff in the direct but there always is... I watched it live this time because my brother in law came over, normally I just watch the good parts later
Imo it's harder to be disappointed when all you're watching is like 4 or 5 announcements that you really like

OH and can we please talk about those beautiful blue joycons yeah?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Rex getting sidelined in Smash...again:
DhTyFakWsAAnKUT

Here's a list of everything mentioned in the Direct for your information

Smash Bros - New Character - Pyra/Mythra
Fall Guys - Knockout - 2021
Outer Wilds - 2021
Famicom Detective Club The Missing Heir - May 14
Famicom Detective Club - The Girl Who Stands Behind - May 14
Samurai Warriors 5
Legend of Mana - June 24
Monster Hunter Rise - March 26
Mario Golf Super Rush - June 25
Tales From The Borderlands - March 24
Capcom Arcade Stadium - Now
Stubbs the Zombie - March 16
No More Heroes 3 - August 27
Neon White - 2021
DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power - June 4
Plants Vs Zombies - Battle for Neighbourville
Miitopia - May 21
Animal Crossing - Mario themed items - February 25 (items available from March 1)
Project Triangle Strategy - 2022
Star Wars Hunters- 2021
Knockout City - May 21
World’s End Club - May 28
Hades - On cart March 19
Ninja Gaiden Master Collection - June 10
Age of Calamity - Expansion Pass - Now
Bravely Default 2 - February 26
Ghosts N Goblins Resurrection - February 25
SaGa Frontier Ramastered - April 15
Apex Legends - March 9
Skyward Sword HD - July 16
Skyward Sword - Joycon
Splatoon 3

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
It pretty much had everything I was expecting, minus pokemon, which will likely have its own announcement soon since the anniversary is coming up. I was expecting a new smash fighter, AoC DLC, and SSHD... unfortunately, though I'm going to get it, SSHD barely interests me since the game looked terrible before and still looks terrible now (in terms of graphics, at least, I don't hate the game as a whole), another new swordfighter in smash is disappointing, and they didn't even show any of the actual new AoC content. It's Zelda's 35th this year and they have yet to even acknowledge it or Metroid's.

The highlight for me was Project Triangle Strategy. I haven't played Octopath Traveler yet but still have tons of time to. I love tactical gameplay and I love the game's style so I'm excited to try it. I downloaded the demo and will likely play it later today.

Everything else was a lot of nothing. Except Splatoon 3 of course, though since I haven't actually played Splatoon it didn't do much for me - I do recognize that for many people that probably made the direct and I totally get it.

Overall, the direct was fairly lackluster for me, especially for the first full direct in a year and a half. Disappointed, to say the least, though I haven't not been disappointed in a direct in a very long time and it was admittedly better than most of the others. I just hope Nintendo steps it up a bit soon since they don't have much lined up for this year that's noteworthy at this point.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Splatoon 3 took me by EXTREME surprise. I openly denied the possibility of there being another game in the series until the next system, and I've never been more happy to be wrong.

Skyward Sword HD has me hyped, obviously. I probably won't get the Joy Con though. I hope the other 3D Zelda games come to the Switch too.

Age of Calamity DLC is cool, I'll definitely be getting it. I still haven't got close to 100%, and this will add even more longevity to the game for me.

Pyra and Mythra in Smash is fine. I try not to put too much thought in to Smash speculation these days, just be happy for the fans and move on.

That's pretty much all the stuff I'm interested in. Mario Golf looks good (especially that mode where you get to race other players), but I'm not sure if I'll get it. Fall Guys might be worth looking in to as well.

Quin

Disaster Master
pretty bad direct all in all. I'll keep my eyes open for the famicom detective games, but thats kinda it.

Last edited:
Tune-in on 3/4 at 6am PT for an in-depth look at the new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC fighter, Pyra/Mythra, with Director Masahiro Sakurai. He will also reveal the fighter’s release date!
The presentation will be roughly 35 minutes long, and there will be no further new fighter announcements.

t3qisAx.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom