• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
I might actually get this port. This looks really cool compared to the main game. Glad to know Black Paint Bowser from Color Splash has returned in a non-papery form, lol. The "cat" theme is definitely a lot more weird, though. The whole "Junior teams up with the good guys" trope is honestly wearing a little thin at this point. It'd be cool if he was pretending to work with you and then backstabbed you later on. Bowser Jr. is not a hero.

If Bowser was to get to the giant Super Bell before Mario did... like, would he become Black Paint Meowser?

Fury mode is pretty much exactly what I thought it'd be. Busy work with occasional Bowser interference, kind of like The Pathless where the storms pop up and have you run like hell or get stuck in a boss fight.

Looks like just the one world and no extra characters.

Mmmm, not high on the list for me. It's cool but I can definitely wait.

Last edited:

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
I'm extremely disappointed by Fury Mode. There's a lot of cool stuff they could've done. Talk about wasted potential. Glad to know that Stamps'll be returning, and that they're adding in a snapshot mode like in Odyssey, but overall I just don't think I'll be getting this port. The original game was already pretty lackluster, and this doesn't really improve it.

Quin

Disaster Master
I expected bowsers fury to just be a new world with some hard stages or something, so even though its short, a free roaming area with platforming areas sound great to me, I'm hyped. I was already getting this port for the online and better perfomance anyway, the original is one of my favorite mario games ever.
Its still not amazing and probably still not worth 60 bucks again if you already own the original, but this sort of effort should go into all their ports. A funky kong easy mode is not enough.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I had already been hesitating about whether or not I'd pick it up, but knowing more about it now is enough for me to pass on it. I may consider it at some point if it ever goes on sale, but likely not even then. A bit of extra content isn't enough for me to repurchase a game I've already 100%'ed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom