• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

Really solid Nintendo Direct.

I think the third party offerings were especially strong this time around. The Bioshock Collection as well as the collection for Borderlands are really big third party games. I know a lot of people will be excited for Catherine: Full Body too. As for me, I've been really looking forward to Panzer Dragoon so I'm excited to finally be able to play it today. And Burnout on the go is something I've missed since the PSP days. I'll definitely be picking up Burnout Paradise Remastered when that comes out.

On the first party front, I'll probably check out Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition eventually but I'm not super hyped for it. I'm probably one of the only people excited for the Arms fighter in Smash. I think they have potential for a really unique moveset and Arms has some amazing music. It'll probably be Spring Man or Ribbon Girl but I see Min Min as a dark horse due to her popularity. Ending on the Pokémon Sword and Shield DLC was a little anticlimactic but I'll be playing that in June.

I hope Min Min is the ARMS rep but other than that there was nothing of interest here for me at all.

Don't care about Xenoblade and Sword and Shield sucked hard enough for me not to consider the DLC or future titles.

I don't enjoy 2K games and nothing else caught my eye.

I'm actually fine with that considering I don't have any money right now to afford new games anyway.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Here's my takes:

Xenoblade Chronicles - Didn't like it despite putting around 50 hours into it. I'm happy for the fans though because it really does look as quite the improvement.
Bioshock Collection - Bioshock Infinite is a glorious game, and playing it in handheld will certainly be an experience.
Borderlands - Legendary Collection - Eh.
X-Com 2 - Collection - Meh
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - DLC - Skip
Shinsekai - Into The Depths - Hmm..
Animal Crossing - updates - I'm in for this, being in a huge Animal Crossing fervor right now. Egg hunt looked like so much fun. Just wondering how it's gonna work for me as a time traveller.
Good Job - Looked messy and confusing as heck.
Catherine: Full Body - Skip
Ring Fit Adventure - update - Gotta say this impressed me. Cool and fun-looking.
King’s Bounty 2 - Skip
Super Smash Bros - New Character from Arms - YES! So into this.
ARMS - free trial - Yeo!
Bravely Default 2 - I'm surprisingly intrigued. Definitely gonna try out the demo!
Clubhouse Classics - 51 - This looks like absolute disaster.
Ninjala - Not into it
Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy - Eh.
Episode 1 Racer - A huge surprise, but meh.
Panzer Dragoon Remake - Cool with a shadow drop, but skip.
Trials of Mana - Not for me
Fuser - Nope
Elder Scrolls - Blades - lol
Warhammer 40000 - Mechanicus - nix
Vigor - nepp
Burnout Paradise - Remastered - Never got into this series
Saints Row 4 - ReElected - nja.
The Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel 3 - ne
Mr Driller DrillLand - Nope
Minecraft Dungeons - Nix
Pokemon Sword and Shield DLC - Nada

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Xenoblade - pretty cool. Not interested in it myself but it does look nice. Art books are always a great addition.

BioShock - oh yes please! I love this series. Can't wait to replay it all.
Borderlands - Nice. I miiight get it maybe not.

Shinsekai into the depths - Looks cool enough not for me but very nice

Animal Crossing - NO MORE DUPES LOL. Egg day will be fun

Now Hiring - o-oh...We can pretend to have a job while corona goes on looool. This really makes me laugh. It looks like some silly fun.

King's Bounty 2 - Looks kinda interesting so it'll go on my wishlist. Probably won't get it right away.

Smash Bros - No surprise an ARMS rep gets in. Hopefully it's a good addition

Bravely Default 2 - meh (Zelda is that you?) I never care for games with random encounters save for some obvious exceptions but Ido feel infinitely more powerful when I have a job.

Club House Games - A nice addition just to have something easy to pass the time. I might get this one.

Really surprised they have Saints Row on a FAMILY FRIENDLY NINTENDO. Though they have been trying to play catch up.
Everything not mentioned is meh...

This whole direct feels like Nintendo playing catch up, and while not much of it I'll be buying, there was some neat looking games coming soon so overall a good direct. BioShock is a must have for me and maybe King's Bounty. Might get that Now Hiring game too lol
We can now shut up about where's the directs till E3 :P

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
It was so long since the last direct that I started to get my hopes up for something crazy. There’s some stuff that’ll be cool. I might pick up Xenoblade and I’ve always wanted to play Bioshock! I think it’s confirmed that BOTW 2 isn’t this year, not that I thought it would be. Solid direct, nothing huge.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I'm glad that Catherine: Full Body is finally making its way to Switch. While it doesn't make up for the betrayal of not bringing the Vita version to the US, it'll be super cool to have it on a portable console. I just wish it released a couple months ago, because I finally relented and purchased it for the PS4.

Quin

Disaster Master
The best thing about this direct for me is the 51 club games. Loved the DS game, this will be comfy.
Other than that a bad direct for me. Xenoblade is an amazing game and all and if you never played it, go for it, but I already beat it twice, one playtrough only like a year ago. Its a pretty hard pill to swallow as you can easiliy clock in 100 hours, so meh. I also think the new one looks worse so I see no reason to get this.
Ports of games I already have on PC do nothing for me, I don't care much for arms so I don't care much for the character either and pokemon SnS are bad games so yeah, seems like until E3 Nintendo has nothing for me. Thats fine I guess, there are enough other games coming out, and this month already gave me 6 games to play so I'll manage.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
It literally has a picture of their twitter post about it.
I was actually surprised that it was such a weak console both wrt specs as well as security.
Doesn't make me overwhelmed or anything. Still a "good news tm" for us :)

Pokemon Smile
Pokemon Cafe Mix
New Pokemon Snap
New content for Pokemon Sword and Shield

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom