• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

Nintendo Direct happening soon.

An #IndieWorld showcase livestream is headed your way! Tune in 17/03 at 5pm (UK time) to check out about 20 minutes of information on indie games coming to #NintendoSwitch.

z99mj4b.jpg

Tune in tomorrow, March 17 at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET for a new #IndieWorld Showcase livestream feat. roughly 20 minutes of info on indie games coming to #NintendoSwitch!

3dS1ssC.jpg

Fans: Can we have a Direct?
Nintendo: Sure. *Pokemon Direct*

Fans: Thanks but can we have an actual Direct?
Nintendo: No problem. *Smash Direct*

Fans: Okay. Thanks again but can we have a proper Direct?
Nintendo: Of course you can. *Animal Crossing Direct*

Fans: Ugh. Yeah, but can we have a Direct with a range of games?
Nintendo: Totally. *Indie Direct*

Fans: Oh for fffffffffff....

Nintendo: We gave you 4 directs and the customers are still not happy. I don't know what more we can do. (Shuntaro Furukawa - sad face :( )

I quite enjoy indie games so I'm cool with this. There's a good chance for some shadow drops and there are a few games I'm waiting to hear more about, so it could be good.

We also got Cadence of Hyrule out of an indie Direct. So let's hope for an Overcooked Kirby crossover <3

I quite enjoy indie games so I'm cool with this.
I second this. I have a decent number of indie games on the Switch so far. So hearing more about them is great. Also it means they don't get overshadowed by the major developer games in their directs.

I do think there will be at least one "major announcement". Well at least what Nintendo calls major . . . but each person individually might or might not care about it. Cadence was that game a while back and last indie direct it was Axiom Verge 2 if I remember correctly. I wonder what the "big" indie game will be this time.

Wasn't there a rumor/leak that claimed an indie Direct would happen this month followed by a normal Direct the following week? It seems like the stars are aligning here so I'm excited even though I'm not super huge into indies.

Wasn't there a rumor/leak that claimed an indie Direct would happen this month followed by a normal Direct the following week? It seems like the stars are aligning here so I'm excited even though I'm not super huge into indies.
Yes there was.

The dates they guessed were
Indie Direct - 18th March
Standard Direct - 26th March.

So far they are 50% correct. their 18th is close enough to the real date. It's also literally the 18th for me (3am though) - thanks timezones :D

All the games from the Indie World Direct.

Blue Fire
Baldo
I am Dead
Bark
Cynaide and Happiness - Freakpocalypse
Summer in Mara
Quantum League
The Good Life
The Last Campfire
PixelJunk Eden 2
Faeria - 2020
Eldest Souls
Blair Witch
Sky
Sky Racket
Superliminal
Wingspan
Dicey Dungeons
Bounty Battle
Moving Out
Exit the Gungeon - Shadow Drop

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend

EUCbrKJUcAMPUgW

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Aside from the lame smash announcement there really wasn’t much here that interested me. Still I’m just glad they finally put something out there.

Every game talked about in the direct.

Xenoblade Chronicles
Bioshock Collection
Borderlands - Legendary Collection
X-Com 2 - Collection
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - DLC
Shinsekai - Into The Depths
Animal Crossing - updates
Good Job
Catherine: Full Body
Ring Fit Adventure - update
King’s Bounty 2
Super Smash Bros - New Character from Arms
ARMS - free trial
Bravely Default 2
Clubhouse Classics - 51
Ninjala
Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy
Episode 1 Racer
Panzer Dragoon Remake
Trials of Mana
Fuser
Elder Scrolls - Blades
Warhammer 40000 - Mechanicus
Vigor
Burnout Paradise - Remastered
Saints Row 4 - ReElected
The Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel 3
Mr Driller DrillLand
Minecraft Dungeons
Pokemon Sword and Shield DLC

Bravely Default 2 looks cool, but can't say I'm hyped about anything else. I never played Arms and I don't really care for the designs so I'm kind of disappointed that it's coming to Smash. Star Wares Episode I Racer is pretty fun, though. This is probably the closest we'll get to Nintendo announcing a new F-Zero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom