• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

I also love that the next update to Starlink basically turns the game into more Star Fox than Starlink.
It might as well as almost no-one bought it on PS4 and XB1. ALso all the Switch folks bought it specificallyfor Fox. Might as well give the customers what they want.

My opinions on what interested me in the direct.
  • Mario Maker 2 - Day one purchase for me. It seems everything we wanted plus more is being added. My favourite announcement of the direct. Very hyped for this.
  • BoxBoy - I will probably get this on a cheap e-shop sale when my backlog is done. At $20, I'd but a nice puzzle like game. I'm not paying more for it though.
  • The Captain Toad, Starlink and Smash Bros U new content is always welcome and makes those games even better.
  • Bloodstained - Not my thing but it's about time it was finally released. The fans of it have been waiting too long. It looks alright, nothing spectacular but I am sure the fans will find lots of fun there.
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2 - This looks to almost superseed the original. Not really my thing but it looks really good. I can easily recommend it.
  • Dragon Quest XI - S - I will probably double dip there, as I did also get it on PS4. It's a great game. Even if the info given about it in the direct was all over the shop. Just look up the opening cutscene that plays before the title screen on the PS4 version and watch all of that. That will better hype up any Dragon Quest fan. Square Enix did say this was coming to Switch years ago so this was a matter of when, not if. I think it's a must buy for Dragon Quest and RPG fans who like turn based games.
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses - I am on the fence about this. Apart from the collectors edition mess that Nintendo is too %$^& stupid to stop doing over and over, the game looks solid. It does not look like the best Fire Emblem game ever but it should be quite fun. I might get it, not 100% sure yet as I've never been a Fire Emblem fan. I'm still on the fence.
  • Astral Chain - That looks pretty good. It gave me a Xenoblade Chronicles X vibe. I certainly do want to know more information about this. I am interested.
  • Link's Awakening remake - Weird choice for a remake. Weirder still that it uses the ALBW aesthetic. I'll probably get it as the core game is not bad. A fun game. Not the best Zelda game ever but not the worst ever either.

European information

At 17:00 CET on 20/03, tune into @NintendoAmerica's #Nindies Showcase for about 30 minutes of info on indie games coming to #NintendoSwitch. #IndieHighlights

North America information

uPE1iS0.jpg

Here's a list of every game mentioned on the Nindies showcase with dates.

Cuphead - 18 April 2019
Overland - 2019
My Friend Pedro - June 2019
Neo Cab - 2019
The Red Lantern - 2019
Darkwood - May 2019
Katana Zero - 18 April 2019
RAD - 2019
Creature in the Well - 2019
Bloodroots - 2019
Pine - August 2019
Super Crate Box - April 2019