• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

Nintendo really need FE Warriors to help sell a main FE game to those outside Japan. I am a perfect exemple of this. FE is not something I have gotten into. I will probably get FE Warriors because I think all of the different Warriors games and Warriors styled games are great. I am a fan of them. Learning about the FE IP through TMS firstly and now through FE Warriors will be a great step in the direction to having us more accepting of FE games in general and we might just go and buy them.

I don't hate FE, I just never got into it. FE Warriors could be a good starting point for us all. Of cause FE Warriors is nothing like an FE game but it'll introduce you to the characters and some of the lore at least.

Information from the Fire Emblem Direct.

• Fire Emblem Echoes on 3DS a new game, remake of an old old NES game.
  • Fire Emblem on Switch - No official title yet.
  • Fire Emblem Warriors for Switch and 3DS out later this year
  • Fire Emblem Heroes for iOS (and Android later) - Out Feb 17.
  • Fire Emblem amiibo - two new ones out 17th May

Nothing Limited Edition was talked about.

Fire Emblem Heroes
https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/

Fire Emblem Echoes
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-of-valentia-3ds

3upkPOC.jpg

Amiibo

No word yet if you can get them separately.

ybfkcwF.jpg

Information from the Fire Emblem Direct.

• Fire Emblem Echoes on 3DS a new game, remake of an old old NES game.
  • Fire Emblem on Switch - No official title yet.
  • Fire Emblem Warriors for Switch and 3DS out later this year
  • Fire Emblem Heroes for iOS (and Android later) - Out Feb 17.
  • Fire Emblem amiibo - two new ones out 17th May

Nothing Limited Edition was talked about.

Fire Emblem Heroes
https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/

Fire Emblem Echoes
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-of-valentia-3ds

3upkPOC.jpg

Amiibo

No word yet if you can get them separately.

ybfkcwF.jpg

4 titles in the space of a year. Not bad at all.

Last edited:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...day_one_nintendo_switch_system_update_will_do

Like many modern consoles, the Nintendo Switch is due to receive a sizeable day one system update just prior to launch.

We've now got solid details on what this update will bring, the most important of which is access to the eShop. Without the update, you won't be able to purchase games or even browse the eShop itself.

Other network and online features will also be enabled, such online gameplay, image sharing via social media and the linking of Nintendo Accounts. If you don't have a Nintendo Account yet, you'll be able to request instructions via email on how to create one via the Switch itself.

The update will also turn on the ability to connect to public hotspots which require you to visit a web page to sign-in or have some other form of authentication - the Switch lacks the web browser required to normally access these hotspots.

Nintendo expects the update to launch just before the arrival of the Switch itself, so it should be live the moment you turn on your shiny new console on March 3rd. It will download in the background and will "install quickly" to ensure that it "doesn't disrupt gameplay".

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I honestly hope Nintendo focuses a bulk of the Switch part on Arms. The original Splatoon got so much good exposure from its Nintendo Direct. With Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8 also available on Wii U, albeit in inferior forms, I hope Nintendo shows off what a game tailor made for Switch can do.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I really hope that they will announce when Virtual Console will be coming to Switch. Once I get a Switch this month, I can't wait to be playing some Ol' Nintendo classics on the go. Especially since I already played Zelda on Wii U

My realistic expectations:

1. Arms Trailer with new characters, weapons, and game modes.
2. New maps and a new game mode revealed for Splatoon 2.
3. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Trailer and promotion of Alm and Celica Amiibo.
4. Pikmin 3DS Title, Trailer, and Release Date.
5. Ever Oasis Trailer and Release Date.
6. Lady Layton Western Release Date.
7. Virtual Console announced for Switch with some NES and SNES games (Gamecube saved for E3).
8. One new Switch game (Pikmin 4?)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I just wanna know release dates for the spring Switch games on my wish list. The closest thing we have to a date is May for RiME. I want more than "spring" for the other games projected to come out in spring. "Spring" could mean tomorrow or the beginning of June for crying out loud. Hopefully they'll release that info finally in the direct.

My realistic expectations:

1. Arms Trailer with new characters, weapons, and game modes.
2. New maps and a new game mode revealed for Splatoon 2.
3. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Trailer and promotion of Alm and Celica Amiibo.
4. Pikmin 3DS Title, Trailer, and Release Date.
5. Ever Oasis Trailer and Release Date.
6. Lady Layton Western Release Date.
7. Virtual Console announced for Switch with some NES and SNES games (Gamecube saved for E3).
8. One new Switch game (Pikmin 4?)

Wow, at a push i'd stop at four, very optimistic.

This is a direct i wont be staying up to watch.
Im probably not going to pick up Splatoon 2 with Nintendo going pay to play, a single player campaign like last time wont be enough with how expensive the game will be minus the online.

Arms... i dont care about that one either. I may give it a go when the price comes right down or lend it from a friend if a friend even buys it. If not then the closest thing i'll get to playing Arms is playing as Ribbon Girl in Smash bros Switch (it'll happen).

Outside of Splatoon2 and Arms (whatever the news is about these two, unless its incredible, doesnt hype or interest me) i expect to maybe see a Fire Emblem Echoes final trailer maybe with a male and female Corrin amiibo drop but thats it.

I'd like to see a new 3ds Kirby game but that wont happen.

Arms, Splatoon 2, very likely Fire Emblem Echoes and no more.

Prove me wrong Nintendo.

Very good direct. The 3DS is going to have an amazing summer with Ever Oasis, Hey! Pikmin, and the downloadable Kirby game while Monster Hunter Stories and the retail Kirby multiplayer game will round out the year well. The 3DS is a joy for Kirby fans just as it is for Zelda and Fire Emblem fans.

Really liked MinMin in Arms. I think the ability to use her legs threw everyone for a loop and her raman arms are pretty cool. The 2 on 2 mode was also a neat surprise. Too bad the game releases so late on June 16th. That's really pushing the edge of spring.

I was already sold on Splatoon 2 before, but the new Salmon mode looks refreshing. I've enjoyed horde modes in Halo and Gears so I'm looking forward to this one. July 21st was a huge surprise. I thought Splatoon 2 was certain for August. I know when I'll be making the switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom