• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Arcadia

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
Picture it.
It is 2033.
Fifty years have passed since the release of the Nintendo Famicom back in 1983 that helped launch videogames into being a household entertainment experience.

What is the best way for Nintendo to celebrate this anniversary?

I dreamed up of the solution to this query.

The Nintendo Arcadia.

Imagine it.
A perfect Nintendo system to celebrate 50 years of Nintendo's successes in the entertainment industry.
A system capable of being inserted with every cartridge and disc that Nintendo has had beforehand in order to play them all on one singular system?
A Famicom/NES cartridge slot.
A Super Famicom/SNES cartridge slot.
A GameBoy/GBC/GBA cartridge slot.
A N64 cartridge slot.
A DS/3DS cartridge slot.
A Switch cartridge slot.
A disc drive to read GameCube, Wii, and Wii-U game titles.

Imagine having a console such as this, one where you can play ALL of Nintendo's games if you have them in your possession?
A system wherein you can play Wii-U and DS/3DS games with the assistance of a Nintendo Switch synced with the system to be the lower screen?

All while having this be the next major system of the Nintendo lineup by offering either another disc-medium or a nother cartridge medium to input physical games or just simply download digitally once again.

All this came to me in a dream and I am publishing it here before my brain forgets about it.

Whaddya guys think?
Wouldn't it be awesome if Nintendo did this for the 50th Anniversary release of their flagship entertainment system?

RamboBambiBambo

I aim to dream.

And who knows, an anonymous proposal to Nintendo's executives a decade early might get them started on production.

After all, it would be one heck of a way to celebrate 50 years of mainstream Nintendo systems.

And not to mention, the console name of "Arcadia" is just perfect.
"An entire arcade, all in one system."

Gorozoron

wild ride
Hmm could happen...

Picture this scenario.

-2033, Spaget, 24, Nintendo HQ HD.-

invert.png

-Shigeru "Nintendookie" Miyamoto awakens from his stasis chamber in year 2033 which Jon Arbuckle of IGN Explained confirmed he owns in modern times details in this famitsu article
invert.png

He wanders the ruined halls
1672188700361.jpeg
He speaks to the immortal Douglas
5ZUoIpq.gif

Miyamoto sends prayers with the prays the sends the prayers
He asks how with in himself the asks the the douglas Immortal
"

Picture it.
It is 2033.
Fifty years have passed since the release of the Nintendo Famicom back in 1983 that helped launch videogames into being a household entertainment experience.

The Nintendo Arcadia.
miyamoto shigeru sega dreamcast states!

Imagine it.
A perfect Nintendo system to celebrate 50 years of Nintendo's successes in the entertainment industry.
A system capable of being inserted with every cartridge and disc that Nintendo has had beforehand in order to play them all on one singular system?
A N64 cartridge slot.
A DS/3DS cartridge slot.
A Switch cartridge slot.

Imagine having a console such as this, one where you can play ALL of Nintendo's games if you have them in your possession?
A system wherein you can play Wii-U and DS/3DS games with the assistance of a Nintendo Switch synced with the system to be the lower screen?

All while having this be the next major system of the Nintendo lineup by offering either another disc-medium or a nother cartridge medium to input physical games or just simply download digitally once again.

All this came to me in a dream and I am publishing it here.

Sonic the Miyamoto expresses.!

ass then!

hate to break it to you
at best a company like hyperkin might make a retron version of something like this in maybe 70 years from now, if even that

doug undertale sans bowser retorts!

Aonuma ****ing dies.
CI_News_AonumaPhotographyArticle_05_image912w.jpg

unrealistic tho

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Picture it.
It is 2033.

The Nintendo Arcadia.

Imagine it.
A N64 cartridge slot.
A DS/3DS cartridge slot.
A Switch cartridge slot.

All this came to me in a dream and I am publishing it here before my brain forgets about it.

Whaddya guys think?
Wouldn't it be awesome if Nintendo did this for the 50th Anniversary release of their flagship entertainment system?

Probably not. That'd be a lot of ports built into one piece of plastic and a complicated controller to boot. You'd somehow have to make DS and 3DS games playable without touch screens. Considering Nintendo's track record I think we should be grateful for any sort of backwards compatibility. :eyes:

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
it would be incredibly cost ineffective to create such a complex system, besides who would even want it aside from collectors?
And who knows, an anonymous proposal to Nintendo's executives a decade early might get them started on production.
are you suggesting they're going to make this thing if you tell them about it? cus even if it was a slightly feasible idea nintendo doesnt take suggestions for copyright reasons.

RamboBambiBambo

nintendo doesnt take suggestions for copyright reasons.
Who said anything about suggestions?

Step 1 - Build the prototype and proof of concept.

Step 2 - Donate the prototype to Nintendo.

Step 3 - Wait another year or two as they upgrade the prototype into full-production models.

Step 4 - Buy a Nintendo Arcadia and know that you were influential in its development.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Who said anything about suggestions?

Step 1 - Build the prototype and proof of concept.

Step 2 - Donate the prototype to Nintendo.

Step 3 - Wait another year or two as they upgrade the prototype into full-production models.

Step 4 - Buy a Nintendo Arcadia and know that you were influential in its development.
so youre saying youre capable of developing what would probably be the most complex console in existence, hardware wise?
even if anyone could do it, nintendo taking something made by someone else for free and selling it would immediately put them at risk of being sued. if you sold it to them maybe, but they cant use anything donated, and besides it would be near impossible for even someone who knew what they were doing to make it.

RamboBambiBambo

nintendo taking something made by someone else for free and selling it would immediately put them at risk of being sued. if you sold it to them maybe, but they cant use anything donated
I did say that I would donate my project. Which would be announced loudly to the world.
But then again you do have a point.
Perhaps I should sell it to them for the cost it took for me to develop such a console? Parts and materials wise?

so youre saying youre capable of developing what would probably be the most complex console in existence, hardware wise?
Yes.

Just need to stop working 12 hour shifts so I can spend more time on R&D for the engineering of its hardware and 3D printing its prototype shell. To simplify the project, all I would be doing is making a powerful enough system to smoothly run the most demanding of Nintendo's games and then having it basically be a physical emulator by having it read the product key and file types of all Nintendo published cartridges and discs and run their programs.

THE TOUGH PART would be making it sync-up with a Nintendo Switch to run as a Wii-U and DS/3DS lower-screen so the TV can be the upper screen on said games. But then again, by selling the prototype model and design production notes to Nintendo for little money would mean that they would have more time and resources than I to throw at that problem.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Yes.

Just need to stop working 12 hour shifts so I can spend more time on R&D for the engineering of its hardware and 3D printing its prototype shell. To simplify the project, all I would be doing is making a powerful enough system to smoothly run the most demanding of Nintendo's games and then having it basically be a physical emulator by having it read the product key and file types of all Nintendo published cartridges and discs and run their programs.

THE TOUGH PART would be making it sync-up with a Nintendo Switch to run as a Wii-U and DS/3DS lower-screen so the TV can be the upper screen on said games. But then again, by selling the prototype model and design production notes to Nintendo for little money would mean that they would have more time and resources than I to throw at that problem.
if you're confident in your abilities you should quit your job and use all of your time to build this thing, the payoff would set you for life!

RamboBambiBambo

if you're confident in your abilities you should quit your job and use all of your time to build this thing, the payoff would set you for life!
Unfortunately if I quit my job of working 12 hours 5 days a week, I cannot afford rent and bills while also buying the necessary materials and performing R&D of my Arcadia.
Gotta love the American Economy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom