• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda The Next Smash Stage

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Zelda has had some pretty awesome stages in the past SSB games. You got Hyrule Castle, the temple in Meleee, and the Bridge of Edlin SSBB. What kind of stage could they do on the next Smash Bros? From what game would it be? What would it look like? Would there be things changing in the course, similar to the bridge of Eldin collapsing?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Anything from WIP concepts of Zelda U will do. I prefer to have an interior of that chamber containing the huge spider. :)

Salem

SICK
^True, they tend to take setting from recent games and make them into stages, so its SS, PH and ST. Smash battle on top of a train anyone?

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Let's not forget that Spirit Tracks came out after Brawl was released. How about they take the ship stage and make it a train stage. The Characters can battle on the Spirit Train. A demon train could come up at certain intervals and band the course; causing people to slip. The train itself could go underwater and through all the neat places in the game.

Salem

SICK
Let's not forget that Spirit Tracks came out after Brawl was released. How about they take the ship stage and make it a train stage. The Characters can battle on the Spirit Train. A demon train could come up at certain intervals and band the course; causing people to slip. The train itself could go underwater and through all the neat places in the game.
Yeah, to be really cool though, is to show the entire over world of the game if the battle goes on long enough;)

Last edited:

balloonofwar4

The Mystical Man-Fairy
I personally like the idea of fighting in the Sealed Grounds. Maybe this stage could be unlocked later in the game. It would be like when you are at the floating platform that final Ghirahim fights you on. After a given time (or taking a certain amount of strong attacks) the platform would break, sending you down to another platform, just like the Ghirahim fight. After about three or four platforms, you would get to the ground. Then after a while, the platforms would be re-created and send you back to the top again. Maybe you could even see the Imprisoned crawling up the grounds in the background.

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
My idea of a level is a great one and friends have said that it's an epic idea!
Well we all know the Mario Sunshine stage where you ride a platform around Isle Delfino and stop at certian points at the isle.
So here's my idea:
1:We take that basic idea if that level.
2:Replace the platform with a giant red loftwing.
3:Change from Isle Delfino to Syworld.
BAM that's my idea :)

YES. I approve of this idea!

Another take on ST or PH could be within the actually Tower of Spirits or Temple of the Ocean King. You get Phantoms patrolling around, and with TotOC, you could have the poisoned mist on certain parts of the platform. The safezones are the main platform, but if you step out onto another platform, one that looks like the normal tiles, then the curse will begin to raise your... percentage thingy. Darn I forgot what it was called XD

But if they do the Tower of Spirits, it's easier to implement the Phantoms. You just have them patrol past at regular(or irregular) intervals and you need to lump on a safezone platform or these giant, invulnerable suits of green armor will attack you.

They could also use the Phantom Eyes. One would come past at times, and a player would need to attack them from a safe zone or Phantoms would be called on the entire group after the safezones vanish.

Skyloft is indeed a given, but i'd like a Cursed Levias stage fighting on his back while he is flying through the air with a cool moody background and Bilocyte attacking you at intervals like Kraid in SSBM

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Skyloft is indeed a given, but i'd like a Cursed Levias stage fighting on his back while he is flying through the air with a cool moody background and Bilocyte attacking you at intervals like Kraid in SSBM

That would be truly amazing! I would absolutely love to fight on Levias' back! It sounds like such a great idea, and could be truly epic!
Maybe the Loftwing comes for help on occasion as well!

BlitzPlum

That 3D Guy
I personally like the idea of fighting in the Sealed Grounds. Maybe this stage could be unlocked later in the game. It would be like when you are at the floating platform that final Ghirahim fights you on. After a given time (or taking a certain amount of strong attacks) the platform would break, sending you down to another platform, just like the Ghirahim fight. After about three or four platforms, you would get to the ground. Then after a while, the platforms would be re-created and send you back to the top again. Maybe you could even see the Imprisoned crawling up the grounds in the background.

This made me think of a stage in some kind of story mode like the Subspace Emissary:

The Imprisoned is walking up the Sealed Grounds like he always does. You start at the bottom and it's a similar concept to how you defeat him in Skyward Sword. But I just had the cool image of beating the crap out of the thing on his head to defeat him. I think it would be pretty impressive to look at on the Wii U considering that he looked good on Wii, and the sheer scale of him makes him a cool boss. They've managed to include Rayquaza to the story, so why not add the Imprisoned?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I think the stages in Super Smash Bros. 4 need to shake up the tradition a bit. In the past, it's been one or two stages max for a series per SSB game, asides from Mario, and never originating from the same game. For example, for Zelda, there was MM and (presumably) Zelda II stages in Melee, and TP and WW stages in Brawl.

Sakurai has gone out to say that "a change of direction may be what's needed" and it's unlikely for the number of characters and stages to be increased from what we have. I perfectly understand taking that route in regards to characters, but for stages? There's always room for more of those. Even as DLC, I don't care, but there's no reason to limit stages just for the sake of it.

I'm personally not fond of the Skyloft stage idea. I'm actually rather sick of it, to be honest... The Sealed Grounds and Levias sound more appealing to me. I'd love a Lanayru Desert one most of all. Timeshift Stone smacking =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom