• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Next Musical Instrument

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
We haven't had a whole lot of musical instruments for Link in the Zelda series. In OoT and MM, we had the ocarina of course, and in the WW, we had a magical baton called the Wind Waker! So if Nintendo were to bring back the musical instrument mechanic, what instrument would you like to see Link play? Maybe we could have him playing the Zora guitar again, or he could play a harp like Sheik or Medli. Or it could be a totally new instrument, like a pan flute! So what instrument would you like to see if Nintendo brought back the magical instrument mechanic to Zelda?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Oh! I love music so much and play a bunch of instruments, so I'll have many answers!

French Horn
Trumpet
Bongos
Triangle
Whistling
Oboe
Trombone
Drums

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
We haven't had a whole lot of musical instruments for Link in the Zelda series. In OoT and MM, we had the ocarina of course, and in the WW, we had a magical baton called the Wind Waker! So if Nintendo were to bring back the musical instrument mechanic, what instrument would you like to see Link play? Maybe we could have him playing the Zora guitar again, or he could play a harp like Sheik or Medli. Or it could be a totally new instrument, like a pan flute! So what instrument would you like to see if Nintendo brought back the magical instrument mechanic to Zelda?
But Link did play a harp in SS, in fact that harp has the same design, (if it is not the same one) as the one Sheik Plays in OoT. The reason why you probably didn't remember it is because unlike the Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time, SS was not built around the the mechanic of that instrument. The Harp had lackluster controls and was used for very few things, it was clearly a half baked feature.

funnier6

Courage~
But Link did play a harp in SS, in fact that harp has the same design, (if it is not the same one) as the one Sheik Plays in OoT. The reason why you probably didn't remember it is because unlike the Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time, SS was not built around the the mechanic of that instrument. The Harp had lackluster controls and was used for very few things, it was clearly a half baked feature.

I thought she was being sarcastic, as Link has played a pan flute as well.

I suppose a guitar is about the only possibility left unless he gets a trumpet or something.

Ninja

Well well well
I'd probably enjoy Link playing the flute, a portable piano, or a violin, they can all sound elegant while producing some cool tunes.

1d855b72799ed1fe6a1ed04b2b39c6a3.jpg

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
What ever musical instrument apears next in a Zelda game, it needs to be brought into the game early in the development process and the game needs to be built around it. I would love to see a musical instrument again but it needs to be done properly.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
So far the best instrument in my opinion has been the Ocarina of Time. It appears to have the most use out of all the other instruments and it has the best range of songs. What is more you could actually learn to play songs that weren't in the game such as the Simpsons theme on it so if you were that way inclined you might be able to have a bit of fun that way. There wasn't any doing that with the Wind Waker or the crappy harp from Suckward Sword.

It would be good to see the Ocarina of Time return particularly as it was so important. I don't see why it would just vanish suddenly.

It would also please me to see a guitar again like we can play in Majoras Mask.

Whatever it is I hope they don't use an annoying hardware gimmick which will make it awkward to port the game in the future. Also that the instrument whatever it may be is not just an item that gets a few uses in certain parts of the game like Sukwards harp. I'd prefer something that you can whip out a lot and produce various effects with such as the ocarina or Wind Waker.

Last edited:

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I'm tempted to say the recorder or the harmonica. I don't think a bigger or heavier instrument would make a lot of sense, so that pretty much leaves us with instruments similar to an ocarina that require blowing into a mouthpiece.

I think having Link play a harmonica would be really interesting. It would be an instrument that average people are more familiar with, and fairly easy to obtain. People playing the game for the first time wouldn't have to try and look up an obscure instrument, because everyone pretty much knows what a harmonica is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom