• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Next Link's Hair Color

Link's Hair Color Should Be...

• Blonde

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brunette

• Blonde or Brunette

• A diffferent hair color

• It depends on the atmosphere of the game

• I really don't care

• Total voters

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Should Link's hair in the next consul game be blond or brunet? Just a Random question that popped into my brain.

My favorite Link is the hero of time so back before TP I thought all Links after would be blond (and Zeldas as well). When I first saw the Link in TP, I was originally disappointed (Stereotypical Zelda mentality "IT'S DIFFERENT!!! RAGE!"). However, I learned to like brunet on Link as it gives him a more serious tone. I don't know, I just felt that he was more relateable and less "perfect" with brunet hair. That's not to say I don't like the heroic atmosphere blond hair Link presents. The blond hair on Links, to me, also demonstrate a more innocent and almost naive feel to them.

Thus I guess it all depends on the game type for me. If its trying to center around Link being a hero or show more of his innocent side like OoT, then I would like blond. If the game wants to show a lot of Links "teenager-ish" aspects and/or make him a bit more relateable, then brunet would be better.

There is also the possibility that Link could have another hair color. Again, it depends on the game's atmosphere.

So what do you guys want?

Last edited:
Excuse my nit-picking, but there is something I must point out... The preferred term is brunet when referring to males, as it connotes masculinity. Brunette, on the other hand, is the feminine equivalent. Using the latter term when referring to Link would do nothing for his reputation, and would likely contribute to the underground fan-base who still believe that he's a girl and/or the namesake of the series, Zelda. The same goes for the word "blonde." The excrescent "e" at the end denotes femininity.

Regarding the question: I'd like to see a dirty/blond Link in the next installment, as it is my favorite hair color on him.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
Are you guys crazy? His hair should be neon red and spiky! Just think how epic that would look! Okay, so that is a horrible idea. I honestly don't care about something as minor as hair color.

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
I don't really care that much, but I honestly would like Link to keep at least a little bit of Blonde in his hair. TP Links hair was to me, a mess, but I liked SS Links hair color, mostly because it seemed a perfect balance between blonde and brown. It was for sure a sort of golden color, and I liked it a lot. I hope they do something like it again in another Zelda. :)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Are you guys crazy? His hair should be neon red and spiky! Just think how epic that would look! Okay, so that is a horrible idea. I honestly don't care about something as minor as hair color.

What about blue and purple? :P

Nah in all honesty I don't really care. I think if Link had dark hair in let's say WW he would still have been the same for me. I never really cared a lot about the hair colors. I don;t pay attention to it to be honest. But if I have to choose I would go with the OoT 3DS Link's hair.

I want it pink. Just like in the good old A Link to the Past that I never played. It's strangely fitting for Link, I think. Plus it's different, and refreshing. Well, at least to me it is.

Seconded: pink is definitely the way to go.

But in all seriousness, it doesn't matter too much to me. The atmosphere of the game makes a difference, sure, but in general blonds and brunettes can coexist in the same genre without affecting the overall feeling of a game.

I'd be interested to see if the hair color Link has makes him more or less relatable, though.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I like the classic blonde Link. I get where people are coming from when they say it "depends on the atmosphere" but I think I would've enjoyed if Link's hair was brighter in TP. Even in Skyward Sword

I quite like him as a dirty blonde. However I think what hair color works best depends on the tone of the rest of the game as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom