• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The New IPad

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
I have no need for it however I do have hands on experience with it. While insanely similar to the modern consumer the specs of the new iPad are insane and would make any techie want to play with it to see how well it performs

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I dunno. Apple charges quit a lot for its iPad-brand paperweights.
Though I sometimes have difficulty keeping papers from blowing around when I have a fan going, or windows open. Apple provides a rather shiny and impressive looking line of paperweights one can use to solve this problem, although they're on the spendy side but well up to the task of fulfilling your paperweight needs.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
Technology is changing too fast. If you're gonna buy an iPad then you might want to consider when the "better" iPad is going to be released. The new iPad is too similar to the iPad2. I really don't know why Apple chose to release it. I wouldn't buy it unless you don't have an iPad.

Djinn

and Tonic
Honestly despite all the various abilities the ipad is capable of and the level of convenience it is suppose to give, I really cannot think of it as anything more than a piece of jewelry. Much in the same way that a really nice car is meant to be shown off to all those around you, someone can buy one and whip it out in a very public area and show off how trendy they are or how much money one has to toss on fancier toys. It just does not seem to really have any more functionality of a laptop. In fact it still seems very limited in comparison and is still subject to all the limitations that comes with apple products. It just seems more like a trend to me than anything else.

Unlike something like a cell phone, the iPad is a luxury not a necessity. The features are interesting, however, I would much rather have a computer and physical buttons with which to perform the same options. In other respects, it comes down to the question of Dedicated vs. Multipurpose devices. The iPad may have a of functions however it doesn't perform them as well as a device with a single purpose.

Apple is also a company which constantly rehashes the same product with little to no innovation. I abhor the idea of purchasing a tablet from that company. They even used the death of Steve Jobs last year to stimulate further iPad sales. Disgusting. The name of the newest iPad is almost enough to justify not buying it-"The New iPad". They didn't even slap a "3" the end. That's ridiculous. I don't feel like the additions of the iPad 2 over the original were enough to justify a purchase and neither do I believe this to e a significant leap over the iPad 2. If you're going to purchase an iPad, buy one and don't upgrade until a significantly improved model comes cruising along.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Nope, I sure won't. I haven't bought any form of I-Anything. I don't care for these devices and I have much better things to buy and to do than to mess with this Apple stuff.

Nope, I have a HP Touchpad I'm very happy with. Maybe someday I will eventually get the new iPad, or any for that matter. But I'm not paying $400-$500+ for it. I could get a better laptop for that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom