• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild the "New Champions"

ray138

a Mid-West Monster of the Highest Grade
Hey hey hep cats n' kittens. This is my first time making a new thread. Apologies all around if this would have been better posted in an existing thread.

Anybody else wish there woulda' been a bit more focus on the "New Champions" (Sidon, Riju, Teba & Yunobo)?
Seems like a missed opportunity to me. I'd like to have had a little more interaction with them, creating a new team.
Also woulda' liked a "group shot" with them at the end the same way we get one with the original champions at the end of The Champions Ballad.
Anybody else wish their roles had been expended in some way?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Storming Hyrule Castle. Each would help Link get a little closer to the sanctum and get left behind when their job is done. Totally a missed opportunity.

To learn if a thread has been posted or not, go to the search bar right under your name/inbox/alerts menu and type in keywords for the thread you are about to make "Example: How to Parry Guardian Beams". The system will then look for all of those keywords, and you will find the closest things. If it is dead but new, revive it. If it is alive and new, participate in it. If it is alive and old, participate in it. If it is both dead and old, make a new one (We're talking at least a year without having that thread get a reply)

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I agree. Before it was revealed that the spirits of the Champions were still alive and could operate the Divine Beasts, I thought we’d see the new Champions using them to help Link fight Ganon. I was really looking forward to seeing Sidon take control when I encountered him (he was the first "new Champion" I found).

It felt like a lot of them got the short end of the stick, and there character was very limited because there was almost no emphasis placed on them. Cough cough Teba cough cough. Building up their characters and their relation to the Champions would have done wonders for Breath of the Wild's story.

Seeing new champions would help to emphasize the fact that this game IS about Zelda's failure, and focus on the end being about Hyrule's rebirth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom