• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time The Never Ending Search for the Triforce (your Most Curious Stories)

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
triforce2.jpg

A long time ago. There was a rumour. The rumour turned out into a quest. Many brave heroes moved out. Some never came back. A few of them, well, a few of them just lost their minds in Hyrule Field.

The curious story about the Triforce in Ocarina of Time is a classic. Currently, it is an featured article here at Zelda Dungeon, written by Mases who gave me the idea of my own thread, my own interpretation of this sad story. Mases article featured the new Pop Fiction Episode (number 13) of GameTrailers. Dedicated to the mad search of the never obtainable Triforce in Ocarina of Time.

Here is the article (Well, it's the top story at the Zelda Dungeon Mainpage):

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2011/07/game-trailers-pop-fiction-the-triforce-in-ocarina-of-time/

Here is the video:

[video=youtube;o3SmB5WgeaY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3SmB5WgeaY[/video]

So. What about you? Are you one of those brave heroes who never came back (than, you maybe didn't realise this thread)? Or are you one of those who have lost their mind? Did you ever searched for the Triforce in Ocarina of Time? After all, the story of the Triforce may contains the biggest hoaxes in Gaming History. I would love to hear your personal story (or at least, the craziest hoaxes you've heard in the past).

And what about me? Well, I've never searched for the Triforce. But, to date, the whole mystery is a great piece of Fiction for me. And we all love Fiction :)

Last edited:
T

Tekniko

Thanks for sharing this video. I had no idea so many people went to these lengths, haha.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
That's a really cool video! Yeah I knew I was never going to get the Triforce (physically, since Link TECHNICALLY has a 3rd of it) but that's still really interesting!

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Oh, yeah, I remember when I was going through my first playthrough of Ocarina of Time.

My brother had told me that you had to get each triangle individually, but had to search for each inside of Ganon's Castle. I went through the last part of the game about 3 or 5 years after that looking for it, but you already know how that went. I wondered to this day if my brother used some kind of secret entrance around the castle or if he just made it up.

It was years later that I came across the exact same information showed in the video avobe. Except for the Gameshark part.

Not to mention I heard the "Objection!" scream in my head as soon as I saw the cutscene revealing the split. I guess he fell into the rumor pool, too.

Last edited:
C

Chainmail Tunic

Seeing as Link's Awakening was my first Zelda game and Ocarina of Time was my second I never gave the whole finding the triforce thing a second thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom