• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Mystery of The Happy Mask Salesman

F

flyingseal

Makes sense, Great Job :)
(I hate this whole at least 30 latters, I can't just give compliments easily)

Ganondork

goo
Oh, this is pretty cool. I didn't expect anyone to see my old thread. For a better reference, the article version might be a bit more helpful. It contains more quotes, more information, and it's better organized. I'm definitely surprised anyone even remembered that old thread, but it's still pretty cool nonetheless.

Links Ultimate said:
So he wanted to use Majora's mask in hopes of bringing the tribe back to power.

Keep in mind one of two things happened to the Ancient Tribe: One, they all died. Two, they disbanded. They have not suffered a fate similar to that of Ganon after the original Legend of Zelda; there is no power for them to return to. If they're dead, the Happy Mask Salesman is using the mask as a form of vengeance, if they disbanded, he's using it to prove that they need to be united again so they will be sure Majora's Mask won't get into the wrong hands.

His plan was in place,but he didn't count on link getting involved.so he sends link out on a quest he thought link probally would die doing,hoping to get him out of the picture.

In the case of the Ancient Tribe being disbanded, he would need Link to stop the moon, or everyone in Termina - including the Ancient Ones - would die. There would be no reason to protect the mask then. For this reason, Link is part of the entire plan, I'm under the impression that Skull Kid's appearance was a mere coincidence that he got his hands on the Mask, although it ended up helping the Happy Mask Salesman's cause.

he than starts the three day limit at which in 3 days the moon will fall but he doesn't tell link that.

Remember in the Happy Mask Salesman's cutscene when he explains the power of Majora's Mask? A scene came that was similar to that of the Moon crashing down. The timer was created because the Happy Mask Salesman leaves right before the Moon crashes down, and it's the only indicator of how much time Link has left to save Termina. The Moon crashing down was inevitable; the Happy Mask Salesman didn't create it himself. As long as an organism of any sort wears the Mask, the Moon will crash down.

Link leaves terminia but never gets back to hyrule.I think the happy mask salesman may have killed link in a attempt to get rid of him so he couldn't ruin his plans to bring back his tribe.

I'm not entirely sure how you came to this conclusion. We're not really sure if the Tribe is dead or just disbanded, in the event of the first option, there would be no real reason to kill Link at all. Although I'm convinced that the latter option was what really happened, remember this?

Happy Mask Salesman said:
Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting is forever or merely for a short while… that is up to you.

There's a possibility that he's speaking of his own life; of the Ancient Ones. He's trying to make the parting of the Tribe short-lived. He's lamenting the departure, but he's trying to bring them back through Majora's Mask. His intentions were good, but his methods were not.

So, I could have posted this in the disscusion part of the orginal that Ganondork posted,but people don't care to much about looking at thread that have been dug up again,so I'm going to post it as a individual thread.
Also please read the orginal one that Ganondork posted here is a link so you all don't have to dig for it-
http//ZeldaDungeon.Net/Forum/showthread.php?21761-the-mystery-of-the-happy-mask-salesman&p=320702

Allright,to begin I want to give credit to Ganondork,If he hadn't made that thread to begin with I never would be writing this.

So,I agree with what Ganondork said,but here is what I think.The happy mask salesman was a part of the tribe mentioned,he wanted to bring that tribe back together.So he wanted to use Majora's mask in hopes of bringing the tribe back to power.So he went to terminia and saw skull kid,skull kid mugged him but the happy mask salesman being powerful in magic could have stopped skull kid,he knew that it was a perfect chance to bring majora back,so he went along with it.His plan was in place,but he didn't count on link getting involved.so he sends link out on a quest he thought link probally would die doing,hoping to get him out the picture.he than starts the three day limit at which in 3 days the moon will fall but he doesn't tell link that.as we all know link survives and the natural course of the game goes on and than the happy mask salesman gets Majora's mask back.Link leaves terminia but never gets back to hyrule.I think the happy mask salesman may have killed link in a attempt to get rid of him so he couldn't ruin his plans to bring back his tribe.

Thats all I hope you all enjoy,once again I thank Ganondork for making a thread that I could expand a little more on.

What!!! Why didn't the link work right.

Or the Happy Mask salesman just likes to collect masks...why would he send Link on an adventure to try and get him out of the picture when he didn't even have to mention anything to Link and his plans would have succeeded without Link ever knowing?

S

swordsguy11

well,,, he probly was just any ordinary mask sales man nothing special he prob. just found that mask and did some researchnon it then went to termina to sell masks for the carnival but the skull kid mugged him then link came along and he got dragged into getting the mask back b4 the carnivalof time

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Oh, this is pretty cool. I didn't expect anyone to see my old thread. For a better reference, the article version might be a bit more helpful. It contains more quotes, more information, and it's better organized. I'm definitely surprised anyone even remembered that old thread, but it's still pretty cool nonetheless.

Keep in mind one of two things happened to the Ancient Tribe: One, they all died. Two, they disbanded. They have not suffered a fate similar to that of Ganon after the original Legend of Zelda; there is no power for them to return to. If they're dead, the Happy Mask Salesman is using the mask as a form of vengeance, if they disbanded, he's using it to prove that they need to be united again so they will be sure Majora's Mask won't get into the wrong hands.

In the case of the Ancient Tribe being disbanded, he would need Link to stop the moon, or everyone in Termina - including the Ancient Ones - would die. There would be no reason to protect the mask then. For this reason, Link is part of the entire plan, I'm under the impression that Skull Kid's appearance was a mere coincidence that he got his hands on the Mask, although it ended up helping the Happy Mask Salesman's cause.

Remember in the Happy Mask Salesman's cutscene when he explains the power of Majora's Mask? A scene came that was similar to that of the Moon crashing down. The timer was created because the Happy Mask Salesman leaves right before the Moon crashes down, and it's the only indicator of how much time Link has left to save Termina. The Moon crashing down was inevitable; the Happy Mask Salesman didn't create it himself. As long as an organism of any sort wears the Mask, the Moon will crash down.

I'm not entirely sure how you came to this conclusion. We're not really sure if the Tribe is dead or just disbanded, in the event of the first option, there would be no real reason to kill Link at all. Although I'm convinced that the latter option was what really happened, remember this?

There's a possibility that he's speaking of his own life; of the Ancient Ones. He's trying to make the parting of the Tribe short-lived. He's lamenting the departure, but he's trying to bring them back through Majora's Mask. His intentions were good, but his methods were not.

its not so much the whole thing with The happy mask salesman starting the timer himself,Its just very wierd that he didn't say “Oh,one last thing link The moon will fall in three days just telling you.” I didn't mean that he actually made the moon fall.
As for the whole Question did the tribe really die out or just disband,Who knows? I made this Just assuming they just disbanded,I think if they all died out than there would be no real point in him trying so hard to get the mask and Causing a commotion with it if there is no tribe.

Anyway I'm glad you think its cool I brought it back up,I just thought it was a very interesting topic that could be expanded a little more on,I think I should do another one assuming the tribe died.

P

PFproductions

yah i totlly agree with you becouse that would explan why the hero of time was never seen agen:)

F

flyingseal

Personally I've noticed that the more expirenced members have been shooting down theories :mad:, keep in mind at one time the split timeline was not accepted to the least, now look, officals have made not only 2 but a 3 forked timeline! Great Job, keep theorising and don't be discoraged!:zelda:

hmm well if he was part of a ancient tribe how could he still be alive but about that theory it would make sense of how he got the mask lets say he wasnt part of the tribe how would he have gotten the mask i never thought about this posibility of the mask salseman to be part of the tribe but its a very instresting theroy.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
hmm well if he was part of a ancient tribe how could he still be alive but about that theory it would make sense of how he got the mask lets say he wasnt part of the tribe how would he have gotten the mask i never thought about this posibility of the mask salseman to be part of the tribe but its a very instresting theroy.

Remember when he said that memory of Majora's mask was lost,If it was lost than how does he know it??

well,,, he probly was just any ordinary mask sales man nothing special he prob. just found that mask and did some researchnon it then went to termina to sell masks for the carnival but the skull kid mugged him then link came along and he got dragged into getting the mask back b4 the carnivalof time

If he was just an oridanary Mask salesman than don't you think he would be out selling mask,I mean the carnival of time is coming,Everyone wants to wear masks so its the perfect time for him to sell them,but instead he lurks around clock tower.than he brings up information on Majora's mask which he earlier says was long forgotten,how does he know all of that stuff.You have to admit thats very strange and that he is no ordinary mask salesman.

Last edited:
That was so touching... I totally agree with you
Except for the fact that Koume, Kotake and the Happy Mask Salesman are the mirrored versions of the characters seen in OoT
I think those guys went to Termina by different means....like Skull Kid did ^^

E

essegura92

Maybe he is a decendant of a dark tribe. But remember is the same guy in ocarina because when link goes to the future there is no mask shop, that make you believe that he travel to termina and i think he is not a bad guy just a greedy guy who likes to collects mask is his work. Because in oot if you dont have the money of the mask he gets anger like in majoras mask. He could be a decendant of a tribe but isnt a bad person at all.

What this calls for is a game where Majora is the Main antagonist ( an origin of the mask game)

but i fear we will never get it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom